PDA

View Full Version : OME HD springs on a jenny craig TJ?

muddeprived
07-10-2015, 06:53 PM
I've been searching for a bumper for my TJ for months now which means checking the for sale forums all over the web daily and sometimes multiple times a day. Today I got lucky, not with a bumper, but with a complete set of OME HD coils and shocks for the TJ wrangler. The price is too good to be true so I snagged em up.

My original plan was OME 933 fronts and 941's in the rear cuz I have a 4 cyl, soft top, soft doors, and no rear seat. It's pretty much stock at this time but plans for a winch, rear bumper, and some skids are coming later.

The kit I got has the 933 fronts and 942 rears. The rear springs are rated at 160 lbs I believe. Am I going to suffer with these springs if I install them now?

I'm not too good with NOT installing or delaying an install of jeep parts so I most likely will install these asap.

justin'sbig7
07-10-2015, 10:30 PM
Hmm, I don't think it will work, in fact I am positive that those springs will do all kinds of bad things to your jeep... So just sell them to me! :D

You'll be fine running them until you get everything

muddeprived
07-11-2015, 07:34 AM
Hmm, I don't think it will work, in fact I am positive that those springs will do all kinds of bad things to your jeep... So just sell them to me! :D

You'll be fine running them until you get everything

Keep an eye out on the for sale forum cuz I MIGHT end up selling the springs. I did alot of reading and it seems the super-light TJ's (4 cyl, softies) net 3" and sometimes more with these springs. That I do NOT want and would probably sell off the HD springs for lighter springs, or 1.25" BL and MML. My goal is to keep it as low as possible to fit the size tire I want.

We'll see how these turn out.

muddeprived
08-17-2015, 10:38 PM
Well.......it rides like a dumptruck.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv294/Chriseatsmud/TJ/OME%20Lift/cerromepix_zpsjjixisz7.jpg (http://s693.photobucket.com/user/Chriseatsmud/media/TJ/OME%20Lift/cerromepix_zpsjjixisz7.jpg.html)

I'll see if I can live with it till I get a rear bumper and winch on it.

OverkillZJ
08-18-2015, 12:06 PM
That's gotta shake your nuts loose!

muddeprived
08-18-2015, 05:24 PM
That's gotta shake your nuts loose!

I did lose a nut on the drive from wexford to rochester. It fell out as my body was bouncing around inside the jeep and I think a prius ran over it when it fell out the door. These springs gotta go. I have 100 lbs (four large bricks), a heavy tool box (65 lbs), and two people in that thing and it's still like a HD pickup truck.

It's weird cuz I ran the same kit on my first TJ (same specs, except auto) and it was smooth as butter.

wagoncase
08-19-2015, 09:33 AM
there is a tj bumper for sale on hrja.org, look for pacman