PDA

View Full Version : Question about CV Axle Joints on 05' Sierra

TruckJunkie69
10-07-2015, 12:02 PM
I have a 6" Trailmaster Lift kit on my truck currently and I keep going thru CV Axles and I have absolutely no idea what to do to fix the problem I have tried a million different off road shops for answers and even tried calling Trailmaster but they were bought out and didnt have an answer. Can anyone shed some light on where to go to have something made and or bought to help correct the problem?? Any and all help is certainly appreciated!!

Thank you!!

Super Scout
10-07-2015, 09:23 PM
You could try some RCVs http://www.rcvperformance.com/category-ultimate-ifs-axles.aspx But they are big money. What kinda angle are you CVs at ? Usually what causes them to wear out fast.

DMG
10-07-2015, 10:04 PM
I have a 6" Trailmaster Lift kit on my truck currently and I keep going thru CV Axles and I have absolutely no idea what to do to fix the problem I have tried a million different off road shops for answers and even tried calling Trailmaster but they were bought out and didnt have an answer. Can anyone shed some light on where to go to have something made and or bought to help correct the problem?? Any and all help is certainly appreciated!!

Thank you!!
Does the lift have a diff drop? If the diff isn't dropped the CVs will run at too sharp of an angle and will fail quickly.