PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Trails Near Cecil, PA

Pittjeep01
11-05-2015, 11:56 AM
Hey guys im new to this forum and was wondering if anyone knew of any trails near cecil. I have an XJ with a 4.5 inch lift and 32s. I was curious if anyone knew of some cool and fun trails anywhere around cecil or McDonald. Thanks!!!

joeyrukkus
11-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Subbed, my buddy lives down there and I'd like to take my Tahoe off road.

PAFirefighter49
12-27-2015, 05:35 PM
You probably won't find anyone here willing to share trail locations over the internet. There are M&G and Trail Ride events on the forum here that you can check out.

Maple__Man
03-18-2016, 03:05 PM
im in the same boat and im in belle vernon, there is nothing around me that i know of, i know of one some friends use in elizabeth township but i dont dare go up there alone, ive learned to never go out wheeling alone you either get lost or break something and end up stranded lol

The_War_Wagon
03-18-2016, 10:55 PM
Consider checking out a local 4x4 club. That might be the best way to learn some local trails, and find make some new friends to get you UN-stuck, if need be!

muddeprived
03-20-2016, 06:24 PM
Sharing trail locations on the forums usually results in this:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/IMG950534%20267x300_zpsbbs89ajl.jpg (http://s37.photobucket.com/user/muddeprived/media/IMG950534%20267x300_zpsbbs89ajl.jpg.html)

We have a trail ride section here and quite a few off road events that happen during the spring and summer. Check em out.

Maple__Man
03-21-2016, 07:45 AM
sounds like too many people gave out the info and the trails got too much traffic, guess ill have to find some on my own then.

jslavic
03-21-2016, 09:16 AM
Maple_Man

Join a club. You'll find the trails and you'll have someone to wheel with. Its not...absolutes NOT a good idea to wheel on your own.

joshs1ofakindxj
03-21-2016, 09:55 AM
I'm been living near Belle Vernon for 3 and 1/2 years now and haven't tried to find trails. It's too crowded around here and most of the people I see at the bar say everything around Rostravor will get you arrested. I see a lot of trails around Yukon but the natives seem frisky lol. Most of the wheeling around these communities is old coal piles and such. Too much chance of breaking over a hill and finding a cliff or stumbling into a dug out pit for my liking. I stick to the trails I grew up on out by Ligonier. I'll have to plan a run for everything once things dry up.

Maple__Man
03-24-2016, 09:23 AM
yeah let me know if you decide to go out id like to go, my jeep is bone stock so i wont be able to go too crazy but it would at least be nice to get out and do something.

Maple__Man
03-24-2016, 09:27 AM
Maple_Man

Join a club. You'll find the trails and you'll have someone to wheel with. Its not...absolutes NOT a good idea to wheel on your own.

i didnt plan on actually wheeling alone, i know its not a good idea to go out alone and get stuck somewhere lol, i was just saying ill have to keep an eye out for some small trails that look like they would be a good area to explore if i can get a buddy to go with. i know a couple people who wheel regularly but i usually am working when they go so thats why i havent been yet. i got a buddy who just got back from Kuwait and he has been itching to wheel so maybe ill get him to go with me.