PDA

View Full Version : Possible Jeep Show

TimMichaels
01-24-2005, 07:23 PM
My high school's Interact club (a club that does volunteer work and community service) was recently looking for a good fund raiser to support the tsunami relief effort. The idea of a car show was conidered, but in light of the lack of sports cars and classic cars we have managed to get to enter in recent attempts, someone suggested the idea of an Offroad Truck Show that would feature truck and Jeeps and the like.

How many of you would be interested in entering your Jeeps or whatever you drive? There is absolutely no need for significan modifications; its all for fun and for charity. We will judge vehicles for a few different awards, but unfortunately prizes will be minimal. But the contribution you make would should be rewarding (there will be an entry fee.) Nothng is definite yet... but we need to see how any possible participants would be out there. Should make for a good meet and greet.

Thanks everyone!

Powerguy37
01-24-2005, 09:55 PM
Tim, sounds like a great idea. Count me in.

LordAthens
01-25-2005, 11:36 AM
As long as I get some advance notice (at least 2 weeks), i'm in.

Happycamper
01-25-2005, 11:58 AM
Same as Brandon. 2 weeks notice or so and I would be glad to help. :D

GeneralTso
01-25-2005, 01:42 PM
My CJ7 is nothing special (except to me, of course...), but I'd be happy to help...

How much are you thinking for entry fees?

TimMichaels
01-25-2005, 11:53 PM
My CJ7 is nothing special (except to me, of course...), but I'd be happy to help...

How much are you thinking for entry fees?

Likely in the area of 20 bucks.

Desert_Runner
01-26-2005, 10:21 PM
I'll bet we could put together enough for a good show

Jay

YJBeef
01-26-2005, 10:40 PM
When/Where?

RedneckYJ95
01-27-2005, 03:06 PM
I'd prolly show. :D

TimMichaels
01-28-2005, 08:05 PM
When/Where?

Location would be in Elizabeth, right along route 51. Its about 30 mintes south of Pittsburgh.

A date has not yet been determined. Right now its only a possibility... we're trying to see if there's enough people interested before we put anything together. If things pan out there will be very eary notice.

RIPROCK
01-31-2005, 03:29 PM
I'd be in for that.

RedneckYJ95
01-31-2005, 06:24 PM
That's right dahn where I got my tires, Lou. It'd be a nice drive in nice weather - well - once you get through the craziness of the first part of 51 anyhow. :roll: If you can give me a 'ballpark' idea of a date, I'll post up on NEC to see if anyone's interested. I'm the newsletter editor for NEC, so if we know by the end of February it can make the March/April copy. :D

TimMichaels
02-04-2005, 06:38 PM
That's right dahn where I got my tires, Lou. It'd be a nice drive in nice weather - well - once you get through the craziness of the first part of 51 anyhow. :roll: If you can give me a 'ballpark' idea of a date, I'll post up on NEC to see if anyone's interested. I'm the newsletter editor for NEC, so if we know by the end of February it can make the March/April copy. :D

That would be most excellent! Thanks! :D