PDA

View Full Version : Is there a "Legal" definition of a luggage trailer?

hyperbuzzin
02-05-2016, 07:15 PM
So here's the story....
I live in a trailer park (oh, sorry... they call it a community :120: !)
I received a letter stating that I'm violating the rules by having my 3 rail motorcycle trailer on my lot.
The rules say....

A. "Boats, campers, pop-ups, storage and luggage trailers and motor vehicles not in use are not permitted..."
B. "Parking and storage of boats, boat trailers, tent campers, travel trailers, pickup camper bodies, snowmobiles on trailers and any other recreational vehicles..."

From how I get this, technically, my 3 rail motorcycle trailer doesn't fall into any of these categories. If any, maybe the luggage trailer, but it is specifically designed to haul motorcycles.

Anyone else see this as a possible technicality that means I am not actually breaking the rules, as stated?

hyperbuzzin
02-05-2016, 07:20 PM
These are the only pictures I currently have of the trailer....

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z280/hyperbuzzin/Rumble_zpsifw2gktj.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z280/hyperbuzzin/0818081353_zpseridhc7p.jpg

The_War_Wagon
02-06-2016, 12:52 AM
The rules say....

A. "Boats, campers, pop-ups, storage and luggage trailers and motor vehicles not in use are not permitted..."
B. "Parking and storage of boats, boat trailers, tent campers, travel trailers, pickup camper bodies, snowmobiles on trailers and any other recreational vehicles..."

I think that's the "gotcha" clause. :017:

hyperbuzzin
02-06-2016, 02:33 AM
I think that's the "gotcha" clause. :017:

That's where I think there may be the technicality.... Anything I've found so far, to describe a recreational vehicle, points towards something camper like.
Recreational trailer, yes, but not vehicle.

muddeprived
02-06-2016, 07:43 AM
No chance of hiding it? Maybe get some blocks on the ground, turn it on it's side and up against the back of the trailer then cover it with a tarp and some rope? It will be out of site and maybe no one will know.

If it comes to it and you need a place to store it then let me know. I'm 20 min from cranberry (beaver falls exit on TP) but it's free storage. :)

hyperbuzzin
02-06-2016, 01:51 PM
Thanks Chris, but we took it to our camp up by Moraine.
And it was kinda hidden. I had it behind the shed with a tarp covering it.
When we first moved in about 4 years ago, I asked the park manager if they had some sort of extra parking space available for the stuff they don't want on the lots. They don't. He told me "Outta sight, outta mind" so I kept it behind everything.
But... they are putting more trailers in and I think someone from the office had seen it while showing the new trailer just put in beside us.

justin'sbig7
02-11-2016, 09:41 AM
Sell me the unlimited and all will be well :D

Looks like a "utility" trailer to me

hyperbuzzin
02-11-2016, 06:20 PM
Sell me the unlimited and all will be well :D

Sorry.... you're a few days too late. Got things straightened out.... Until they find some other nit-picking thing to bitch about!!
And the Unlimited doesn't look quite that good any more. That picture was when I first got it in '07. It's now got a 2½" BB, steel wheels, gloss black Sahara flares and plenty of trail applied pinstripes :023:

justin'sbig7
02-14-2016, 08:58 PM
Lmao! I would still have been all over it... Just bought an LJ today.

flimmy
02-14-2016, 11:42 PM
How far off the ground is your mobile home ? Any way to make the skirting hinge so you could roll it under the trailer ? That would put it out of sight .

hyperbuzzin
02-15-2016, 11:21 AM
Lmao! I would still have been all over it... Just bought an LJ today.
Congrats to ya on the purchase!! Don't see too many of them around here in the Cranberry/Butler area. Mine is an '04, bought in '07 with only 7k on the clock. I'm at about 116k now and it's been a blast!! That little bit of extra room makes a difference!!

How far off the ground is your mobile home ? Any way to make the skirting hinge so you could roll it under the trailer ? That would put it out of sight .
Under the trailer would probably fit height wise, if there were a place I could do that. AC, electric post and rear deck are all in places that block any access for the width. I was putting it under our rear deck for a little while, but the only place I could fit it under is the only place our grill fits.
It's not too bad having it at our camp. If I need to use it, it's only about a 15 minute drive from work.

I was just kinda upset that it had been there for several years and only now did they say anything about it.
They also said we violated the rules with a tire swing that has been up just as long. Apparently the tire swing is a "Hazardous Item"?? so they came and cut it down. Yet there are atleast 2, that I've seen, regular swing sets still in peoples yards. How is that any different??

I have a buddy who does maintenance for the park. He says they are expecting the big-wig owners to show up sometime in the spring and are trying to get things all in proper order thru-out the place.

To top it off, there are several items, which according to our lease, they are supposed to be responsible to take care of. We told them about it as well as gave them a letter that came directly from the electric company, a year ago and they have yet to do anything about those!!
:bsflag:

muddeprived
02-15-2016, 11:30 AM
Then it's time....

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/Brewers_Specialized_Services_Moving_op_800x600_zps pgmjsbmv.jpg (http://s37.photobucket.com/user/muddeprived/media/Brewers_Specialized_Services_Moving_op_800x600_zps pgmjsbmv.jpg.html)

hyperbuzzin
02-16-2016, 05:20 PM
Then it's time....

I've thought about that, but the cost to move a double-wide, along with the age of it ('88 ) it'd probably be about the same to get another one somewhere else.
and the lot rent here isn't too bad.