PDA

View Full Version : Ball Joint?

Maple__Man
05-09-2016, 08:53 AM
so i fixed some issues in my front end last week, i replaced a tie rod end that was bad, replaced my steering stabilizer and i also replaced the track bar. now i have a loud popping noise in the drivers side front end when i turn the wheel left, when i go around a bend the pop makes it feel like the wheel is going to come off. im assuming i need to change the ball joints, but i haven't checked them yet. ill be checking them when i get home today, my other concern is i was talking to someone about the ball joints and they said i have to remove the axle shaft to press the ball joints out, but they also said i need to make sure i dont have a C-Clip on the axle shaft, how do i know if i have it or not without having to remove the diff cover?

DMG
05-09-2016, 09:46 AM
If the noise is new and started right after you did a bunch of front end work I would check out everything you touched. Bolt and nuts, etc.

Maple__Man
05-09-2016, 10:51 AM
the only thing i can think would be the tie rod end of the track bar then, the tie rod i replaced is on the passenger side and thats not where the sound is coming from so maybe it settled in the hole further and needs tightened some more.

tjblair
05-10-2016, 02:44 PM
U joints.

And d30 is not a c-clip axel

Maple__Man
05-11-2016, 09:21 AM
well as of yesterday i checked everything and everything is still tight and the sound is gone, i didnt change anything at all and the noise is somehow gone. i guess im just having phantom sounds now. steering feels fine but when i get up to 65mph it feels like its trying to death wobble but only on the drivers side, its a really harsh vibrating more than a shaking. it feels like im sitting on a washer that has an offset load in it and its vibrating like crazy.