PDA

View Full Version : I need help and ideas

20174doorsport
01-09-2017, 06:30 PM
Hello everyone I am finally a proud owner of a new 2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport. I am very excited and eager to test the my off roading ability. but so far everything is stock on my jeep I am looking of ides for my white jeep and i was wondering where to get my stuff and also what I would need to off road. also I live in pittsburgh pa and was wondering if anyone knew any spots to go??? help?

J.M.
01-09-2017, 06:45 PM
Congrats on your Jeep! Is it your first 4x4?
There are a few places around Pittsburgh you can go for some off-road play without getting in trouble. Nothing big and exhaustive, but fun non the less.
In terms of parts for your Jeep, are you building yourself or looking for a shop to put stuff on?
You should stop by on Saturday at the Meet&Greet in Cranberry, and write a post in the introduction section of the forum.

Juergen

ridgerunner97
01-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Welcome to the forum. Keep your eyes open on the trail rides and meet and greet forum section. Lots of things coming down the pipe. I'm trying to plan a mild mannered trail ride for the month of February somewhere. Stay tuned and welcome!

mdvana
01-09-2017, 07:24 PM
We're new too with a mildly built XJ and are interested in places that arent necessarily testing offroad capabilities but nice drives that it helps to have a 4x. Now that we're paying attention to the forum will be watching out for things to do but there has to be unimproved but legal places, state forest fireroads etc?

muddeprived
01-09-2017, 08:08 PM
I'd leave it stock for now and play with it so you can get to know what it can and cannot do. Then you modify to fit your needs.

ridgerunner97
01-09-2017, 10:26 PM
There are plenty of stock friendly places to go. That is what February's ride will be geared towards I believe. We will run some fire roads hopefully in some fairly good snow.

20174doorsport
01-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Thank you guys and how often do you guys meet

muddeprived
01-09-2017, 10:39 PM
There are plenty of stock friendly places to go. That is what February's ride will be geared towards I believe. We will run some fire roads hopefully in some fairly good snow.

I might be up to bringing the 4runner on it's maiden voyage. :)

Alley
01-09-2017, 11:51 PM
We are not an organized group by any means, we meet up as often as possible and the availability of those that can lead and run the trails. So its best to just check back in the trail rides section and see what's going on.

joshs1ofakindxj
01-10-2017, 07:40 AM
Hello everyone I am finally a proud owner of a new 2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport. I am very excited and eager to test the my off roading ability. but so far everything is stock on my jeep I am looking of ides for my white jeep and i was wondering where to get my stuff and also what I would need to off road. also I live in pittsburgh pa and was wondering if anyone knew any spots to go??? help?

Welcome! Make sure you have a tow point front and rear and a tow strap made for the purpose. A factory trailer hitch or tow hook on the back and factory tow hooks on the front work. Other than that, it's good practice to have some food/water/preps in case you have to hang out in the woods for awhile in case of a problem. The rest you will figure out you need once you hit the trails like multi-colored LED headlights, a 12V refrigerator, chrome things everywhere, etc.

Alley
01-10-2017, 09:03 AM
I drive a JK too, so my first order was of course those fancy color changing LED headlights...My chrome things seem to get lost in the mail all the time. I'm so sad.

BAD_GNR
01-10-2017, 09:47 AM
Welcome! Make sure you have a tow point front and rear and a tow strap made for the purpose. A factory trailer hitch or tow hook on the back and factory tow hooks on the front work. Other than that, it's good practice to have some food/water/preps in case you have to hang out in the woods for awhile in case of a problem. The rest you will figure out you need once you hit the trails like multi-colored LED headlights, a 12V refrigerator, chrome things everywhere, etc.

You forgot the bottle opener mounted to tub/bumper. Otherwise the fridge is pointless.

Alley
01-10-2017, 11:32 AM
http://www.dubmagazine.com/home/media/k2/galleries/8769/2.jpg

DMG
01-10-2017, 12:04 PM

I love my Engel fridge.

2002wranglerX
01-10-2017, 03:42 PM
http://www.dubmagazine.com/home/media/k2/galleries/8769/2.jpg

Pretty standard JK owner stuff.

also angry eyes, LED light bar, and an overpriced spod

20174doorsport
01-10-2017, 06:27 PM
haha thanks for the help so far. where do you guys buy your stuff and there is no way that you take that off road.

The_War_Wagon
01-10-2017, 09:46 PM
haha thanks for the help so far. where do you guys buy your stuff and there is no way that you take that off road.

It looks to be close to some vegetation in the foreground. :tongue:

joshs1ofakindxj
01-11-2017, 09:10 AM

I haven't bought anything jeep in a few years but 4wd.com and quadratec were the places to shop. Then go out on amazon, ebay, and random online retailers to find it for less.

HoodRN
01-11-2017, 11:57 AM

You might want to consider joining a club like HRJA (www.hrja.org) where you can go on organized trail rides and have some support if you need a spotter or mechanical help. Consider attending the Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival in Butler County this coming spring. You'd probably enjoy it.

MSchneid
01-18-2017, 03:27 PM
You might want to consider joining a club like HRJA (www.hrja.org (http://www.hrja.org)) where you can go on organized trail rides and have some support if you need a spotter or mechanical help. Consider attending the Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival in Butler County this coming spring. You'd probably enjoy it.

I've been trying to join for years, I send in my application but never hear back. They must not like me:(

MSchneid
01-18-2017, 03:28 PM
You forgot the bottle opener mounted to tub/bumper. Otherwise the fridge is pointless.

The door striker works pretty good as a bottle opener :)

HoodRN
01-18-2017, 10:42 PM
I've been trying to join for years, I send in my application but never hear back. They must not like me:(

Go on the HRJA website (www.hrja.org), PM "Marshall". He'll hook you up.