PDA

View Full Version : Help sourcing some bushings

muddeprived
01-09-2017, 08:06 PM
1999 4runner Limited

Upper front strut bushings. There are two round bushings and two washers just like any other shock but shaped a little different. Dealership wants $75 which is nuts. I searched high and low for them on the web but came up empty. Even the poly companies don't offer anything.

It just happened that the Bilstein 4600's do not include any bushings which is beyond me. Probably the only front strut that does not include em. The 5100's have bushings in the package.

Thanks

techno
01-11-2017, 03:09 PM
Wheelers Offroad
https://wheelersoffroad.com/product/toyota/4runner-426563/2003-2009-4runner/suspension-229844/bilstein-138992/strut-stem-cushion-and-washer-kit/

muddeprived
01-11-2017, 07:36 PM
Wheelers Offroad
https://wheelersoffroad.com/product/toyota/4runner-426563/2003-2009-4runner/suspension-229844/bilstein-138992/strut-stem-cushion-and-washer-kit/

What the....I just went through that site and ordered sway bar links and shit. How did I miss that?

Thanks though. I ended up finding a bunch of jeep shock bushings in my box-o-parts that will work.

techno
01-11-2017, 09:05 PM
They're not listed where you might expect them to initially be based on the link graphics.:104:

Are you lifting the 4Runner?

muddeprived
01-11-2017, 09:23 PM
They're not listed where you might expect them to initially be based on the link graphics.:104:

Are you lifting the 4Runner?

Nope....well...I hope not!

techno
01-19-2017, 03:00 PM
I think lifting it will help you enjoy it more. I saw your sad post on T4R forum :(
Part of the problem might be you just feel like any other motorist out there, driving a regular vehicle that blends into traffic really well. But a lift and a bumper will easily return you to the confident bullet proof feeling I'm sure you had/have with the Jeeps.

muddeprived
01-19-2017, 09:13 PM
I think lifting it will help you enjoy it more. I saw your sad post on T4R forum :(
Part of the problem might be you just feel like any other motorist out there, driving a regular vehicle that blends into traffic really well. But a lift and a bumper will easily return you to the confident bullet proof feeling I'm sure you had/have with the Jeeps.

I thought the same. What you think about ditching the E-locker for a full time locker? Is the E-locker even capable of being run full time? There are many mixed opinions on it. I'm thinking of going full time back there and running an ARB front bumper with a winch. That get me feeling more at home.

techno
01-19-2017, 09:43 PM
You don't mean welding the diff do you? I'd wouldn't do that unless it's going to be a full time trail rig. But an Aussie or Detroit locker could be an option, but I feel the selectable e-locker is the best option. There's a wiring mod you can do that bypasses the 4lo requirement and makes it selectable any time.
I have the arb bullbar on my 3rd gen. You're welcome to check it out anytime if interested.

muddeprived
01-20-2017, 07:20 AM
You don't mean welding the diff do you? I'd wouldn't do that unless it's going to be a full time trail rig. But an Aussie or Detroit locker could be an option, but I feel the selectable e-locker is the best option. There's a wiring mod you can do that bypasses the 4lo requirement and makes it selectable any time.
I have the arb bullbar on my 3rd gen. You're welcome to check it out anytime if interested.

I meant Aussie or any of the other auto lockers.

How you like the Bull Bar?

DMG
01-20-2017, 08:15 AM
I would keep the e locker. It is not made to be run all the time, just locked in as needed like an arb. Use it occasionally or it will stick.

techno
01-20-2017, 10:58 AM
I love the ARB bumper. I've had it for about 8 years and it's done it's job numerous times. Several minor altercations with trees, rocks and brush when offroad, I've hit two deer with zero damage (except for a cracked turn signal lens). It improves the approach angle and I have driving lights mounted too. I never got around to installing a winch, but it will take most non-integrated control box winches.
I had it on with stock suspension for about six months and I noticed the extra weight, so I went with OME struts and Tundra TRD front coils to compensate and lift it a bit. I put OME coils and shock in the rear. Got about 2.5" lift all round. I also have Skid Row skid plates, Tundra front brakes and larger tires.

muddeprived
01-20-2017, 03:35 PM
I love the ARB bumper. I've had it for about 8 years and it's done it's job numerous times. Several minor altercations with trees, rocks and brush when offroad, I've hit two deer with zero damage (except for a cracked turn signal lens). It improves the approach angle and I have driving lights mounted too. I never got around to installing a winch, but it will take most non-integrated control box winches.
I had it on with stock suspension for about six months and I noticed the extra weight, so I went with OME struts and Tundra TRD front coils to compensate and lift it a bit. I put OME coils and shock in the rear. Got about 2.5" lift all round. I also have Skid Row skid plates, Tundra front brakes and larger tires.

Can you share a picture or 7?

I like that setup but I'm not sure if I want to lift it. I want to maintain the fuel economy for driving to work. I already put Bilstein HD shocks on it and wouldn't mind an inch lift in the back to raise it up a little more. It seems too "level" for my tastes. I know they got 1" coil spacers for the front but I can't seem to find any 1" spacers for the rear. They are only 1.5" or taller. Any reason for this?

techno
01-25-2017, 11:39 AM
I'll load up some pics soon. Can't access photobucket at work :(.
No one has ever had fuel economy change after lifting, so I wouldn't worry about that. I think one reason for the lack of 1" lifts is the varying stock height between year models. 1999 models had factory suspension 1 inch higher than other years, so guys wanting a 1" lift (on non '99s) opt for '99 coils instead. In your case, if you went for a 2" lift coil, you would effectively get a 1" lift.

muddeprived
01-25-2017, 10:00 PM
I'll load up some pics soon. Can't access photobucket at work :(.
No one has ever had fuel economy change after lifting, so I wouldn't worry about that. I think one reason for the lack of 1" lifts is the varying stock height between year models. 1999 models had factory suspension 1 inch higher than other years, so guys wanting a 1" lift (on non '99s) opt for '99 coils instead. In your case, if you went for a 2" lift coil, you would effectively get a 1" lift.

I just measured my 99 coils and they are still at stock height(at 153k miles!). All I want is the slight rake so when I load all my tools and must-have parts then it will be level. Right now it's empty and level so when I load all my shit then it will sag. I'm thinking of getting the 1.5" spacers and slice em down to 1". Dunno if that's been done before....