PDA

View Full Version : Bantam Jeepfest registration is open, who all is going?

mdvana
01-14-2017, 11:20 AM
got ourselves signed up, 4th time going but only 2nd time participating. Since we're pretty new to wheeling the wife is signed up for the Babes of Bantam educational ride so we can pick up some pointers (I'll be a passenger). Also signed up for the new Jeeps on the Rocks Trail Ride even though not a very built rig. Should have linkage issue resolved shortly so 4Lo will be functional (we hope) which is one of the requirements.

Alley
01-14-2017, 12:28 PM
I'll be there, but I spend the whole time volunteering at the playground, it's fun to watch all the new people to wheeling and the kids get excited.

mdvana
01-14-2017, 12:39 PM
I guess we'll meet you tonight at the M&G so we will know who you are if we see you at bantam then?

tow hook
01-30-2017, 01:07 PM
we'll be there for sat only. I gotta take Friday night off, so we can be on the road early. 2016 we sat on the hi way for over and hour to get on, and 45 mins on coopers lake road. never again....... an it's getting to be over priced, a like last year. the wife wants to do the ladys ride, but that a lot oh cash for a 2 hour deal on Friday nite

hyperbuzzin
01-31-2017, 09:57 PM
Volunteer.... Cuts the cost way down!!!
I'll be there Fri, Sat & Sun at the onsite trails. Maybe at the playground if needed.

PatF10
02-01-2017, 10:26 AM
We went wheeling the last few years out at rock run instead.

Alley
02-01-2017, 10:54 AM
I could not afford to go, I think the prices are crazy. But, I do like to be there..so I only volunteer. I don't think its much fun for the more built guys anyway. Everything is pretty simple and easy from what I saw but, its a really nice crowd of fellow Jeepers.

tow hook
02-01-2017, 02:46 PM
i'm pretty sure the wife has us signed up for sat. does any one go to the pig roast sat evening ?

joshs1ofakindxj
02-01-2017, 02:51 PM
They reached out to my dad about putting his Willy's pickup in the museum building this year. It won 1st place in the modified truck class last year and they wanted to feature representation of modified jeeps in the museum this year.

It's looking like I will be riding my quad in WV on the Hatfield-McCoy trails that weekend so I will miss it.

ridgerunner97
02-01-2017, 05:44 PM
Me and my Girlfriend talked about getting her out on the all female trail ride in my XJ but more I look at pricing etc. We may just go up for the invasion, park in town and walk around. Go wheeling saturday somewhere.

astesprit
02-01-2017, 10:53 PM
i was too going to go last year but jeeps cost so much as it is .. i cant justify spending that kind of money for a day or weekend when i could dump it into my jeep instead lol
we may stop by and look around tho. 

tow hook
02-02-2017, 02:55 PM
Me and my Girlfriend talked about getting her out on the all female trail ride in my XJ but more I look at pricing etc. We may just go up for the invasion, park in town and walk around. Go wheeling saturday somewhere.

if I can get the wife to spurge on a hotel room, if any are avl. we might go to the invasion fri nite. stay over and " wheel " sat

toocheaptosmoke
02-05-2017, 06:45 PM
I usually go on saturday to spectate, there have been some decent deals in the past on parts.

Willys-JK
02-07-2017, 08:42 PM
I will be there the entire weekend again this year. I check in at Coopers Campground on Wednesday and fish there and Lake Arthur Wed & Thurs, then wheel Fri - Sun. The family always has a great time.

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a448/andrewtajc/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-06/F928C53D-3375-4A54-86DF-EB6B28B0EF33_zpsrfwvj3ow.jpg

hyperbuzzin
02-09-2017, 06:21 PM
People saying that it costs too much..... Why not volunteer for a couple days, 4 hrs a day? You can ride the trails and play on the playground all for free!!!

Azzy
02-10-2017, 01:28 AM
This year will be my first skipped bantam.

They moved it to the weekend of my wedding anniversary, and this is our 10th. The weekend before Im going to the Unlimited Offroad Expo in Louisville (http://uorexpo.com/), and if its anything like my last expo show, the booth will be picked clean after.

tow hook
02-13-2017, 02:21 PM
People saying that it costs too much..... Why not volunteer for a couple days, 4 hrs a day? You can ride the trails and play on the playground all for free!!!

I asked the wife that, an she has asked people who volunteer and after spending 4 hours or more ( they always seems short handed ans ask ppl to stay longer )on the trails or play ground course and they are beat and unable to enjoy the rest of there day. it's always hot and shade is only avl on the trail rides. i'd rather pay for just one day drive out and head home at the end. just my 2 cents

HoodRN
02-13-2017, 07:34 PM
I asked the wife that, an she has asked people who volunteer and after spending 4 hours or more ( they always seems short handed ans ask ppl to stay longer )on the trails or play ground course and they are beat and unable to enjoy the rest of there day. it's always hot and shade is only avl on the trail rides. i'd rather pay for just one day drive out and head home at the end. just my 2 cents

This is a fairly accurate assessment of volunteering/participating. I have volunteered since the second year of the festival. While I generally enjoy volunteering, I don't find much time to actually participate. On the plus side, the Festival has put in express lanes for volunteers to utilize on-site features.

tow hook
02-15-2017, 02:12 PM
This is a fairly accurate assessment of volunteering/participating. I have volunteered since the second year of the festival. While I generally enjoy volunteering, I don't find much time to actually participate. On the plus side, the Festival has put in express lanes for volunteers to utilize on-site features.

that's nice that they do that now, the show contunes to grow, I just don't know if the volunteers pool keeps growing too ?

tow hook
02-15-2017, 02:21 PM

that's nice that they do that now, the show contunes to grow, I just don't know if the volunteers pool keeps growing too ?