PDA

View Full Version : SOLD: Pioneer Premier P730 Headunit

LordAthens
01-31-2005, 04:34 PM
SOLD to Steve.

I thought I had fried an amp in this one, so I replaced it. Come to find out, the new unit did the same thing, due to one of the voice coils fried in the speaker. So I have a perfectly good higher end HU, sitting here, doing nothing.

Details;

Pioneer Premier P730 head. 50x4, (3) 4 volt Hi-Volt preamp outputs (Front, Rear, Sub), credit card remote, detachable face, "motion" OrganicEL display, XM Ready. It also has a multitude of controls, EQ, high and low pass adjustable filters, etc etc. You can tweak the crap out of the unit. It's never once skipped on me, including offroad.

It's currently mounted in a TJ "square" style dash mount along with a TJ wiring harness (soldered and heatshrinked.. None of that crimp on garbage). I have the box, but the manual has since gone AWOL. I can download and print the PDF manual from Pioneers site if you really want it. It's basically ready to bolt into any TJ (maybe other Jeeps?). If you have a new model TJ with the rounded off radio, you need to switch the mount for the newer style, which is all of $10 at WalMart.

It's very similar to the 7600MP model that BestBuy currently sells for $269.99. Really about the only difference is that the 7600MP is capable of doing MP3 discs, this one is not. IMO, Pioneers implemantation of MP3 is garbage. It's damn near impossible to find the song you actually want as it will only display 16 characters.

Also, if you're interested I have a Pioneer GEX-FM903XM XM satellite receiver I can sell along with it. I have mine mounted under the dash, completely hidden. It's controlled via the headunit, totally stealth. Sound is carried via line level over the P Bus cable, so no loss in quality like you'll have with the FM modulated units. Also, the FM903 CAN be used as a standalone XM receiver, via FM modulation and external dash mounted display. I still have all of the original parts and brackets (though they've never been used, only the actual receiver).

$100 for the headunit and i'll throw the XM tuner in for another $50.

supremecommand AT hotmail DOT com is the email address :)

-Brandon

MF Steve!
02-02-2005, 05:41 PM
speaking of xm, do you have the gray pioneer hardwire box for xm? if so...please reply, or call me on my cell or something. 412.400.5522

thanks

-steve

Bill
02-02-2005, 06:44 PM
speaking of xm, do you have the gray pioneer hardwire box for xm? if so...please reply, or call me on my cell or something. 412.400.5522

thanks

-steve

Are you talking about the receiver, or just the bus cable?

MF Steve!
02-02-2005, 07:42 PM
actually, either the bus cable, or the actual pioneer xm box. im trying to narrow down a problem im having with my xm service, which is the fact that i have no audio. i get reception, because i can flip through all of the channels, i get my pay channels, and its not the head unit, because i tried a new one. so im leaning towards a bad bus cable, or a bad internal in the xm reciever box itself...so what im trying to do here is find someone whos got them, and is willing to let me try them to see if i can pinpoint the problem...anyone who is willing to help is deserving of a few beers, and a purchase of equipment, if its for sale...

p.s... sorry for the post hi-jack brandon...

LordAthens
02-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Yeah, Bill and I both have the "big" box. Maybe 1"x5x9? For shame, it's no longer produced by Pioneer :(

Mine is the FM903XM, which is identical to the GEX-910 except the 903 serve double duty as it also has the capability of running FM modulated. The 910 was an addon only for XM Capable Pioneer heads.

I suppose we could try to do something. If mine comes out, it's not going back in.. The install to get it mounted nicely took a solid hour. Actually, it's simply going to be easier just to swap head units out to test it.

Once I find out my schedule for the weekend, maybe a small wrenching party over at Matts place?

I'll get my schedule tomorrow.

MF Steve!
02-04-2005, 05:22 PM
good stuff. yea i have what you refer to as the "big box" also. im havin toruble, and just wanna find out what it is. if its the box, ill buy yours if you'd like...