PDA

View Full Version : Threw wheele need new track bar.... Where?

FoxRunner
02-21-2005, 01:50 AM
Ok so now that my zj is rebuilt with newtcase in. I went to get it aligned.
The shop said they couldnt do it because the track bar was bent...
Mind you I do off road and the zj is my every day driver what do you suggest and from where... Also is there any thing else that I should check while I am replacing the track bar that I should look at? As in damage from losing a wheel other than the body work and rotor that I skidded on... (Dohhhh :roll: )

Thanks Again

OverkillZJ
02-21-2005, 11:20 AM
Where did you take it?

I GURANTEE YOU you did not bend a stock track bar. A lot of you know how hard I've been on my ZJ, hell, I was jumping the thing when it was stock, but I've never bent a track bar, stock, aftermarket, otherwise.

Only tbar I've seen bend was caused by a dump trick hitting his front fender at about 30 MPH and shoving the axle to the side.

Are you lifted with a stock track bar? They could be mistaking the offset caused by lift as a bend. If you're going to replace, I'd recommend ORGS/Currie (same thing) or RE superduty (or whatever they call the conversion one.)

Don't get anywhere near the teraflex bars for the ZJ's, they break. On the highway. It's just bad.

FoxRunner
02-21-2005, 08:54 PM
Pep Boys in cranberry...

And its a stock zj...

Im not sure why they would try to take me on a trackbar... I mean they did try to tell me my U joints were bad which I checked when I did the trcase... But track bar???

could this bend one? I was rounding a bend in the road doing about 35 when it came off

http://www.csensich.com/Karl/Jeep/jeep.jpg [/img]

OverkillZJ
02-21-2005, 09:06 PM
LMAO at that picture, that's just CLASSIC!

I could see that doing a lot of damange, maybe even tearing track bar bushings, but I REALLY dont' see it hurting the track bar istelf.

I mean, the neds to bad, but the bars are solid steel. If I didn't bend one with what I put my rig through, you're not going to by losing a wheel. If the track bar was actually bent, your axle wouldn't be centered under the jeep, no two ways about it. It's too short (axle towards drivers) too long (axle towards passenger side) or its right... I bet it's right.

RalphDogg
02-24-2005, 06:46 PM
How did you loose your wheel? Thats the second picture of a jeep with 3 wheels. At least your jeep was on the road and not on the trail in front of a caravan of other jeepers....DAVE