PDA

View Full Version : Supporting Members???

Bill
04-04-2007, 02:51 PM
There was a discussion started about having supporting members to the PghOffRoad site. Some of the benefits suggested involved having some photo hosting, members rigs section, and a few other things...

Thoughts, opinions, etc???

Alley
04-04-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm all for a members rig section, even if we have to host them elsewhere as is being done now...

But, I'm also willing to support the forum if it goes that way as well....

I can put the Truck of the Month thread into it... :026:

OverkillZJ
04-04-2007, 02:58 PM
If there's enough interest, we can definitely do it. This site is on the same server as Mallcrawlin and has plenty of space / bandwidth for photos and whatnot, I just never wanted to since pghoffroad is more of a "money out" than "money in" thing. I'd been hesitant to try this because of the politics involved, but I wouldn't mind recouping some of the costs here and give out photo hosting, maybe even user galleries.

Bill
04-04-2007, 03:00 PM
I figure it is a good thing. Why should one or two people have to cover the costs to run the board? I figure this way it is self-sufficient. It isn't really going to make money, just cover the expenses.

Muzikman
04-04-2007, 03:05 PM
You really think people would want to give money for a few "features" on the POS board? Huh? Do you really?

:064:

:096:

andrew2516
04-04-2007, 03:05 PM
I agree w/ bill...I don't know how much you guys pay per month or whatever but I wouldn't mind being a supporting member if this site goes that way. You could even make it like some of the other forums and send those pgh offroad stickers when people become a supporting member.

Alley
04-04-2007, 03:07 PM
We'd have to talk to Dana about that one, he prints all the stickers...I'm sure if he saw some of the supporting funds he'd have no problem but, that might get too complicated to have to share the funds....

Muzikman
04-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Just buy a stack of stickers off Dana up front.

JeepGeneral
04-04-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm down

Alley
04-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Just buy a stack of stickers off Dana up front.

I have been every time I see him!!

Bill
04-04-2007, 03:16 PM
I am sure we could always produce something (t-shirts. polo shirts, etc.) and tack a dollar or two dollar surcharge on them to cover the site costs too.

(Just another idea on that front...)

Bill
04-04-2007, 03:17 PM

You mean you make Jason buy them and then you give them away to Browns fans!

Muzikman
04-04-2007, 03:20 PM

You do...but what I am saying is, who ever is collecting the dues can order say...50 of them from Dana. He can make them and send them to the person.

When you do it, you are just buying what he has on hand at the time.

Alley
04-04-2007, 03:31 PM
a Brown's fan that will have PGH on her Jeep in TEXAS!!! :109:

OverkillZJ
04-04-2007, 03:33 PM
I'll talk to Dana about this, it's his logo too after all. If it goes through this will still take me a lil' while to do right.

PK
04-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Blah blah yahoo blah free blah. :)

OverkillZJ
04-04-2007, 03:39 PM
LOL!

Will still be free, I've been pretty adamant about that on Mallcrawlin too (there's not even a hidden section for paying members). Just added benefits ;)

XJchris98
04-04-2007, 04:03 PM
For as many 'members' as there are here, I think a small contribution would be a great thing. I wouldnt mind putting up some money to help keep everything running smoothly.

Krod
04-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Definately for it. Not necessarily a "members" thing....just a support the site deal.

A PGH sticker and the ability to edit my user title would be the only 2 things I'd want in exchange :033:

Alley
04-04-2007, 06:02 PM
I dont think the admins would give up the power to change your user title, I mean it shows their creativity!!

I can see where one would be jealous of "unleash the chicken!"

but, I'm sure if you asked nicely they might change it for you.

jeepxj3
04-04-2007, 06:22 PM
For as many 'members' as there are here, I think a small contribution would be a great thing. I wouldnt mind putting up some money to help keep everything running smoothly.

I wouldnt mind paying a small fee year to year either, but then again I wouldnt mind you paying me either...:icon_butt:

andrew2516
04-04-2007, 06:25 PM
I wouldnt mind paying a small fee year to year either, but then again I wouldnt mind you paying me either...:icon_butt:

Wheres my money Brian!?

Alley
04-04-2007, 06:30 PM
http://www.gofish.com/player.gfp?gfid=30-1016066

jeepxj3
04-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Wheres my money Brian!?

:116:

andrew2516
04-04-2007, 06:35 PM
http://www.gofish.com/player.gfp?gfid=30-1016066

and.......continued.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJpvp9Ri3SM&mode=related&search

andrew2516
04-04-2007, 06:46 PM
I don't know if its possible or how hard it would be but what about pghoffroad e-mail accounts for supporters?

jeepxj3
04-04-2007, 06:56 PM
I don't know if its possible or how hard it would be but what about pghoffroad e-mail accounts for supporters?

im going to refer back to those who spoke about exchange, its really a PITA... People will set them up fill the accounts and waste space on the server. I think it would be a good idea to have somthing like it, but im pretty content with my gmail account as is, I have it setup through outlook and gmail filters out alot of the crap I dont want. I have yet to delete an email and I have had the account for over 3 years now. Now if you could get Google to host it by all means im game for it, but probably wont use it.

andrew2516
04-04-2007, 07:02 PM
I agree...if its easy it would be a cool feature but if it is a PITA than I don't think its completly neccesary.

XJchris98
04-04-2007, 07:24 PM

If its that big of a deal that you get your money, you can just take the parts back. No use in listening to people cry all the time :021: . I wouldnt have a problem taking my business elsewhere. :045:

I understand you need the money for more bling-bling bolt ons. If its never going to see the trails anyway, might as well make it look good for all those repetitive driveway shots:icon_pray:

mudforblood
04-04-2007, 10:30 PM
If its that big of a deal that you get your money, you can just take the parts back. No use in listening to people cry all the time :021: . I wouldnt have a problem taking my business elsewhere. :045:

I understand you need the money for more bling-bling bolt ons. If its never going to see the trails anyway, might as well make it look good for all those repetitive driveway shots:icon_pray:

:crybaby: :gear_cry2: :022: :082:

Just pay the guy already. I have been reading about this for awhile now and I dont know what the deal is.

Here's my non bias thoughts:
Were the alleged parts already dispersed to the aforemetioned buyer? If so the said buyer should pay the predetermined amount to the seller. The seller is also at fault for releasing the parts in question without monetary reimbursement prior to exchange of the product. The product at hand is of value to the prior owner despite any actions that were performed by the past/present owners of said product. Using the actions of the previous owner as a reason to not reimburse the seller is also a nonprofessional way of doing business. Please resolve this situation before I have to take further actions to bring this transaction to a conclusion.

Sincerly,
Signed: mudforblood

hehehehe:064: Can you tell I write nasty letters for work????:096: Plus I'm drusy binkin' right now! ;) :icon_jook: :041:

OverkillZJ
04-04-2007, 10:31 PM
im going to refer back to those who spoke about exchange, its really a PITA... People will set them up fill the accounts and waste space on the server. I think it would be a good idea to have somthing like it, but im pretty content with my gmail account as is, I have it setup through outlook and gmail filters out alot of the crap I dont want. I have yet to delete an email and I have had the account for over 3 years now. Now if you could get Google to host it by all means im game for it, but probably wont use it.

Actually, it would be really easy. Exchange would be a TERRIBLE solution for this, so bad example. This server is Nix, email is easy, pop/smtp or webmail, and it should be able to handle a few thousand more mailboxes before I need to start worrying.

mudforblood
04-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Actually, it would be really easy. Exchange would be a TERRIBLE solution for this, so bad example. This server is Nix, email is easy, pop/smtp or webmail, and it should be able to handle a few thousand more mailboxes before I need to start worrying.

Huh???:101: I have no clue what your talking about but it sounds cool. Can I have one? :biggrin:

Muzikman
04-05-2007, 07:12 AM
I say just offer mail forwarding and not actual pop accounts? That might be a nice perk for people and wouldn't cost anything but time and very little bandwidth.

SirFuego
04-05-2007, 09:20 AM
For what it's worth, we offer e-mail addresses to all of our supporting members over at WNYOffroad. I just posted up a poll asking if the members use their e-mail accounts. The only ones of the 15 or so that have responded so far who said yes are myself (co-admin) and the club president.