PDA

View Full Version : I saw an 07 Wrangler "insert model here" today...

LordAthens
02-26-2005, 01:57 AM
!!!! :) :) :)

My dad is a Snap On dealer up here in Detroit and I ran his route with him today. Walked in, I look over ~50 feet and say "Hey, they've got an Unlimited over on the rack". The guy my dad was talking to said, that's not an Unlimited.

And it most certainly wasn't. ~6" longer than an Unlimited and a bunch of different stuff bolted to it ;)

I'm not going to say anymore as I'd rather my dad not loose his route over this. All I can say is, it was !)*!@!@%Q*KJF$!(_!$ AWESOME. Not the Jeep (I personally won't be buying an 07 for sure now), but just to see something that few others get to see. I feel special! lol

OverkillZJ
02-26-2005, 02:08 AM
LMAO, you should've taken pictures!

I know what it is, I feel special!

Jpdst29
02-26-2005, 10:13 AM
is this it Brandon???

http://www.captainawesome.com/images/jeep.jpg

LordAthens
02-26-2005, 09:52 PM
It's hard to tell. It was under a lot of vinyl camoflauging. The entire grill short of the headlamps and marker lamps were covered, as were the sides and rear.

The marker lamps are similar to the picture, though they aren't attached to the headlight, like the picture shows. The aren't on the fender anymore like current, they are moved down CJ style.

Also, from what I could see through the mesh for the headlights \ marker lights \ grill, it doesn't appear to be nearly as short as the pic is. It still seemed "full height". And the windshield in the pic looks like it has more slant and shorter. This one was still TJ styled. The guy working on it even dropped it down (after he cleaned up the puddle of drool on the floor) to show me the engine, interior, etc.

I'm SURE there will be changes to it from what I saw, this was VERY unpolished. The body on it was a standard Unlimited body that was chopped and streched that was (from what he said) done by Rouche. You could still see the weld seams from where they cut the body in half and welded in new panels. Like I said, it was very rough.

The solid axles, front and rear were still there though :)