PDA

View Full Version : help with ZJ water leak

JeepSteeler
06-19-2007, 07:23 AM
Anybody know where the evaporator drain is on a 95 ZJ? I have a Haynes book and it shows a picture of it on the firewall, but I looked for about an hour last night at the firewall on my ZJ and couldn't find it anywhere. I think it's plugged up, I am getting water in the passenger side footwell whenever I run the A/C. It doesn't leak when it rains, so I'm pretty sure it's the evaporator draining into the cabin.

I'm almost starting to think there isn't a drain! I was looking below the evaporator lines on the firewall, which is where it's supposed to be.....not there...hep me!

JeepSteeler
06-19-2007, 07:48 AM
Nevermind - I found it on the web. Can you believe they ran the drain into the frame rail??!! Unbelievable.

Here's a great writeup with pics for those afflicted:

http://www.aircondition.com/tech/questions/4/Condensate-Drain-on-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee

gearhead313
06-19-2007, 09:37 AM
thats a heck of a website!

You'd think they'd all rust out right there, but i haven't seen many problems at all.

JeepSteeler
06-20-2007, 07:29 AM
yeah, that site rocks, whoever runs it - many thanks.

I hear ya about the rust - mine is totally rust free in that area. Of course, the reason is probably that the frickin' drain is always clogged and the water runs out on the floor instead!!:042: