PDA

View Full Version : The new list of mods to be...

Bill
03-26-2005, 09:12 PM
AKA - What stuff I now have sitting in Heidi's garage needing to go on my TJ

ARB Safari Snorkel
ARB Bull Bumper
Olympic Mountaineer Rack
Tuffy Glove Box
Warn Receiver Shackle
Hardmount for the Garmin GPS
GPS Antenna
Firestik II Antenna (Waiting on a tail light bracket)
Bestop Bikini Tie-Downs (Waiting on it to get warm enough to actually drop the top and put them on.)

...and the list keeps growing. I have a few more things I need to order on Monday. :D

OverkillZJ
03-26-2005, 11:24 PM
I'll be safe away from your "mod list" in Colorado and Moab over the next week :finga:

Bill
03-27-2005, 08:37 AM
I'll be safe away from your "mod list" in Colorado and Moab over the next week :finga:

All I need from your is the T-55 to unbolt the front bumper... :P

I am still jealous you are going to Moab (AGAIN!!!)

YOU BASTID! :twisted:

Happycamper
03-27-2005, 09:27 AM
Even I have a T-55. I had to buy as set of torx for my front bumper :D .

Bill
03-27-2005, 09:59 AM
Even I have a T-55. I had to buy as set of torx for my front bumper :D .

Okay, maybe I will borrow yours then. I went to Sears to get one... They don't have one in stock. I have not tried Home Depot or Lowes yet, but I will probably look there this week - I know it is one of those "must have" tools when owning a Jeep.

OverkillZJ
03-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Best lil' set I've found is Leslie from Advance Auto or AutoZone and I think Napa has it to... like $14 for a full set of $6 for the T55 alone

Happycamper
03-27-2005, 10:24 AM
Damn! I paid $20 for mine at Sears!

Bill, if you can't get Matt's for some reason let me know and you can borrow mine.

Bill
03-27-2005, 10:24 AM
Best lil' set I've found is Leslie from Advance Auto or AutoZone and I think Napa has it to... like $14 for a full set of $6 for the T55 alone

Thanks for the info... I will definitely pick one up this week.

If it is at Advance I will just get Dave to grab me one, I need to go there to pick up a new Optima anyway.

Bill
03-27-2005, 10:25 AM
Damn! I paid $20 for mine at Sears!

I have the Sears set... They are junk! I am suprised at that too. I already replaced the T-40 twice. :cry:

MF Steve!
03-27-2005, 01:04 PM
ive got just about every torx...even t-55 and then some. if you need it, just let me know.

Bill
03-27-2005, 01:15 PM
ive got just about every torx...even t-55 and then some. if you need it, just let me know.

Thanks!!!

If I can't find a decent one out there somewhere to buy I am sure I am going to be borrowing someones.

MF Steve!
03-27-2005, 02:58 PM
the craftsman stuff is worth it...youre not twisting the splines up on them. i can say that for a fact. i put a t-55 on my 1/2 drive w/ a 4foot breaker bar and didnt twist it up at all. plus the lifetime warranty and all...sears hardware in bridgeville usually has them in stock...

OverkillZJ
03-27-2005, 03:16 PM
the craftsman stuff is worth it...youre not twisting the splines up on them. i can say that for a fact. i put a t-55 on my 1/2 drive w/ a 4foot breaker bar and didnt twist it up at all. plus the lifetime warranty and all...sears hardware in bridgeville usually has them in stock...

Maybe, but I've broken both kinds of crafstman and the lesli... Plus, I haven't seen a T55 in a Crafstmen kit for awihle.

Bill
03-27-2005, 03:20 PM
I killed 2 Craftsman bits just doing the windshield light mount brakets on my TJ too...

I like the free replacement, but I am not trying to trip out those torx heads. They are too much of a pain to get out then!!!

2002wranglerX
03-27-2005, 11:48 PM
so you finally got your bumper huh? :) sweet! did you get seats too?

LeadFoot
03-28-2005, 01:15 AM
AutoZone carries great neck tools.....they have the smallest torx up to t60. Hella cheaper too. Free replacement like sears, just bring in your old one, pick up a new one, go to counter, exchange, and your done. At least in weirton they do. I broke about 15 of em so far. They didnt tell me to quit breaking them yet. :twisted:

dp
03-28-2005, 08:59 AM
yeah we should definately have the t-55 in stock. lifetime warranty too so WHEN it breaks (which all torx bits do) heh. Lemme know.

Bill
03-28-2005, 10:10 AM
yeah we should definately have the t-55 in stock. lifetime warranty too so WHEN it breaks (which all torx bits do) heh. Lemme know.

Why don't you look today while you are at work. Maybe I can run down on Wednesday and get you to price match that Yellow top battery for me too. 8)

Bill
03-28-2005, 10:11 AM
so you finally got your bumper huh? :) sweet! did you get seats too?

Yes, I finally have the bumper... now I just need the time to install it.

No on the seats, but I do have some interest in my OEM seats, so I think that is the next purchase.

Bill
03-31-2005, 02:26 PM
Well, I got a few things installed yesterday.

The Tuffy Glove Box is in.
The GPS antenna is in and wired.
The GPS Mount is secured.
The bikini tie downs are installed.

I even started the Mountaineer Rack, but that is a whole other story. The sold me the wrong part. It is nothing like the old Mountaineer Rack, and it is not compatible with my TJ (Rollbar / Speaker pod issues.)

SO, back to 4WD Hardware I go... (today)

Bill
04-01-2005, 10:15 AM
Well, I got the shackle all squared away, and the Mountaineer Rack is in!

All I need to do is remove all the rear seat belts / seat brackets. :D