PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Jeep Wrangler Spy Photos

Bill
03-29-2005, 05:11 PM
http://www.onetomany.com/jeepnews/indexflash.htm

Maybe a certain someone from on here can confirm that this is / isn't what they saw up north a while back. :?

r6cyclegal
03-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Why does it say 4-door?? I only see 2 doors??? :smt017 :smt017

dp
04-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Why does the tub stick out a good foot beyond the hard top in the back?

Bill
04-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Why does the tub stick out a good foot beyond the hard top in the back?

Because the hardtop on the Jeep is a hardtop from a current Unlimited.

LordAthens
04-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Heidi, that's how long the new 4 door is going to be. The proto that I saw was ~3-4" longer than an Unlimited.

And deapea, yes as Bill said it's an Unlimited hardtop thrown on with the back hacked out so it will seat down into the tub.

That is basically exactly what I saw up there, hell it may even be the same one. From what i'm guessing, they'll move the rear flares back so they center with the axle, or they'll redesign the rear flares all together, to make room for the additional doors.

It's difficult to see, but the frame is all hydroformed steel. There were no welds connecting any braces or anything, it was all basically one piece. The only thing welded to the frame were the brackets for shocks, CA mounts, etc.

The gas tank is now a "saddle bag" style, fitting over the rear driveshaft and taking up the space where the muffler is on current TJ's. The muffler is now mounted horizontally in the rear, where the gas tank currently is.

And, the 4.0L is no longer. It's now a 3.8L V6. Apparently, it's the same block used by the Libby's, bored out a bit more to get that extra .1 liter of displacement.

From what I saw, i'm not all that impressed with it. The hydro formed frame makes me a bit weary. I'm not all about mounting a winch to one of those frames..

I'm praying I get my license situation worked out so that I can get an 05. At this point however, my hope is looking very bleak :(

r6cyclegal
04-07-2005, 09:29 AM
I bet in 2008 you can get a good deal on a '05 :wink:

RedneckYJ95
04-07-2005, 09:53 AM
From what I've read, it sounds like the current wheelbase size is a gonner. I kinda figured the redesign would be the death of true Jeeps. These long POS are gonna be useless on tight trails. :roll:

LordAthens
04-08-2005, 12:15 PM
From what I've read, it sounds like the current wheelbase size is a gonner. I kinda figured the redesign would be the death of true Jeeps. These long POS are gonna be useless on tight trails. :roll:

I dare you to say that in front of Matt...

dp
04-08-2005, 12:36 PM

You saying that the long POS aren't going to have a hard time on tight trails? I just don't see where redneck is wrong here Brandon...I'd say that infront of anyone because it's true...there's just no way they can be useful on the tight trails. Do you know otherwise?

RedneckYJ95
04-08-2005, 02:24 PM

If I'm not mistaken - I just did :twisted:

OverkillZJ
04-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Man, you guys all get up in arms over the LWB vs SWB thing a lot don't you? Both have MASSIVE advantages. As far as tight trails in my ZJ goes, I pop the tcase into 2low and floor it, spinning the ass end into place. Works really well on the colorado switchbacks!

Hill climbs / ledges - LWB
tight trails - SWB

Overall - I want a rig that can change it's wheelbase by pushing a button.

But really, it's a marketing move on Jeeps part, and probably a good one. It's not that I don't get the "Jeep thing" it's that I see the sales advantage LWB will offer the brand.

I have a feeling they will always offer some lower end SWB model though just to satisfy the "real jeep" want crowd.

Wow, I've gone corporate, LOL

LordAthens
04-08-2005, 03:24 PM
My point is, i've seen Matt's ZJ go anywhere we point our SWB rigs and i've also seen his ZJ go places our SWB's *really* struggle to make, if they make it at all.

dp
04-08-2005, 04:15 PM
My point is, i've seen Matt's ZJ go anywhere we point our SWB rigs and i've also seen his ZJ go places our SWB's *really* struggle to make, if they make it at all.

And I barely off-road and I've been out with Matt once...and he was complaining about this one turn. We all just made it easy, and he had to back up and then go back into drive when he'd go around it.

Besides, redneck's point was...

"These long POS are gonna be useless on tight trails"

Not anything about them going or not going anywhere else besides 'tight trails'

OverkillZJ
04-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Once again, both have advantages. End of story. What's the big deal?

EDIT: Dave, my inability to turn tightly isn't as much from the wheelbase as it is my combination of tire width, backspacing, and the tires rubbing on the LCA (its a ZJ long arm thing more than a LWB thing) before my steering stops come close to hitting.

By the way, most competition rock buggies have a similar wheelbase to the ZJ's / XJ's / etc :finga:

dp
04-08-2005, 05:10 PM

EDIT: Dave, my inability to turn tightly isn't as much from the wheelbase as it is my combination of tire width, backspacing, and the tires rubbing on the LCA (its a ZJ long arm thing more than a LWB thing) before my steering stops come close to hitting.

By the way, most competition rock buggies have a similar wheelbase to the ZJ's / XJ's / etc :finga:
(EDITED FOR CONTENT) Long wheelbase vehicles cannot make turns like swb's. End of story. (EDITED FOR CONTENT)

OverkillZJ
04-08-2005, 05:20 PM

I've confirmed it...you truly are a moron. Long wheelbase vehicles cannot make turns like swb's. End of story dickweed.

Settle down Dave, read it again. I don't know what in the world your problem is, but I NEVER EVER said that a LWB vehicle would turn like a SWB. Ever. I've read everything in this thread just to make sure I never mistyped or misled, but all I've stated is two things

1. Both LWB and SWB have their advantages
2. My LWB turns worse than most other LWB's due to my setup.

So what, again, is your problem?

dp
04-08-2005, 05:21 PM
I never said a LWB can't go places a swb can or ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE RELATED TO OFFROADING other than personal experiences that I've seen related specifically to LWB vehicles ON TIGHT TRAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OverkillZJ
04-08-2005, 05:23 PM
I never said a LWB can't go places a swb can or ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE RELATED TO OFFROADING other than personal experiences that I've seen related specifically to LWB vehicles ON TIGHT TRAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never said you did. I never said either was better. So why am I a dickweeded moron?

Happycamper
04-08-2005, 05:54 PM
PERSONAL PREFERENCE!!!!!!!! If you know what your gonna do with the Jeep. Like Matt said each has an advantage and disadvantage. While trial riding with either your going to run into situations where one would perform better than the other. End of story.

If someone buys a LWB and they don't care about it getting bashed up in tight situations they have the best of both worlds. Like Matt's ZJ, the body is pretty hammered but it goes anywhere. (except upper twister) :twisted: My .02

Happycamper
04-08-2005, 05:56 PM
J/K about twister Matt!! :D

OverkillZJ
04-08-2005, 06:31 PM
J/K about twister Matt!! :D

Great, NOW I have to try upper twister again :roll:

give me a couple years, it's not gonna do it as it sits, haha

Happycamper
04-08-2005, 08:27 PM
I like that... you have to do twister again!

BTW we should set up a sub forum for when threads like this take this turn, all of you incredibly opinionated bastids can go there and duke it out!

We can all it the No Holds Barred Forum. :smt021 :smt097 :smt076 :smt093

OverkillZJ
04-08-2005, 08:39 PM
I like that... you have to do twister again!

BTW we should set up a sub forum for when threads like this take this turn, all of you incredibly opinionated bastids can go there and duke it out!

We can all it the No Holds Barred Forum. :smt021 :smt097 :smt076 :smt093

I wasn't opinionated about anything for once :)

Like I said, I want a button that lets me go from LWB to SWB :-D

RedneckYJ95
04-12-2005, 12:31 PM
My point was that a Wrangler is supposed to be the shorty off-road buggy of the Jeep line. I like the fact that I can go down a trail I've never been on, and turn the thing back around if I want to without mowin down trees to do it. And you can't compare the breakover angle of the swb to the lwb - it's night and day. I wasn't tryin to start a battle here. I just don't think that new limosine DC is planning on making is going to be as capable - that's all. :roll: