PDA

View Full Version : Progress has been made

Bill
04-02-2005, 11:32 AM
Well... Stage 2 of the build up is about done. (I don't really count making repairs / upgrades after the accident a build up.) In the couple of days I have (with a little company from Heidi) just about completed the latest round in the Rubi build up.

This round:

ARB Bull Bar
Installed the new Optima Red Top (Thanks to deapee for the great deal on a new Red Top!)
Re-mounted / re-wired the winch (on to the Bull Bar)
Re-mounted the factory fog lights (on to the Bull Bar)
Installed the Olympic Mountaineer Rack
Installed the rear Warn shackle on the bumper (Yes, I know...very easy, but now on the done list.)
Wired in and hardmounted the GPS antenna
Hardmounted the Garmin GPS on the dash
Installed the rear bikini mounting points for the top

I still have a few little details to do (Wire in the indicator signals on the Bull Bar, and wire in the fog lights.) and then I have the dreaded task of the snorkel. The snorkel is still just sitting there in the garage waiting to go on STILL. I am just having a really hard time taking the holesaw to the side of the fender on a Jeep that was built exactly one year ago!

Pics to follow... as soon as I get a minute to take them. 8)

dp
04-02-2005, 11:52 AM
So you got the bullbar on? Did you work in the rain last night or what!?!?

Bill
04-02-2005, 11:58 AM
So you got the bullbar on? Did you work in the rain last night or what!?!?

No, I got it all done before the rain started. (And I am glad I did...)

OverkillZJ
04-03-2005, 11:17 PM
Get rid of the bull bar if you want to do some real wheelin'

2002wranglerX
04-04-2005, 01:29 AM

i like mine, . . . and i've had like 4 different bumpers

Bill
04-04-2005, 07:14 AM

I like it... I guess it is all about personal preference. It really doesn't kill the approach angle like I thought it would. It is much beefier than the other bumpers I looked at. I am very happy with it.

OverkillZJ
04-04-2005, 06:43 PM
Congratulations! You have a shiny paper weight that does look very good but does KILL your approach angle by any measure.

*Wellsville wheeling is no measure of approach angle

**paragon hardly is either

:finga:

2002wranglerX
04-04-2005, 08:23 PM
Congratulations! You have a shiny paper weight that does look very good but does KILL your approach angle by any measure.

*Wellsville wheeling is no measure of approach angle

**paragon hardly is either

:finga:

a ZJ ARB and a TJ ARB are two completely different things.
but lets analyze this shall we.

here'a 4wdhw bumper. basically 2x4 steel made into a bumper right. you would THINK this would be the best for approach angle.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/2k2wranglerx/107189429lboiJF_ph.jpg

Now here's the ARB. notice it's really no worse on approach angle. you probably can't tell from that pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/flyry110/arbbumper.jpg

and this is a gratuitous hot girl

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/flyry110/V243845.jpg

OverkillZJ
04-04-2005, 09:44 PM
LMAO, I'll test the approach angle of the third option please!

But really, I've seen ARBs on TJ's / unlimiteds in person, I'm not impressed. Good contruction, looks AWESOME, approach angle brings the suck. It's not as bad as the ZJ's though.

Sawzall please?

Bill
04-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Well, considering that I am doing 99.99% of the wheeling that I do in the Wellsville / C-ville / Paragon - based area I am okay with it...

Besides, it is the new COW CRUSHER!

MF Steve!
04-06-2005, 06:49 PM
wheres the pics at??? and you need to bring that snorkel over so i can show you that lil idea to avoid hackin your rocker guard too...