PDA

View Full Version : Dana 30 knuckles or dana 30 axle

muddeprived
07-26-2007, 07:34 AM
I'm looking for knuckles for my TJ's dana 30 front axle. Mine are warped in some way that the bearings just fall right out on their own when un-bolted. I need both knuckles or the whole axle if sellin.

I'm in Beaver Falls, PA

Thanks
Chris

scrambled
07-26-2007, 01:16 PM
I have a Dana 30 narrow track out of a CJ. Not sure if this would work for you, not sure if the knuckles are the same.

muddeprived
07-26-2007, 01:47 PM
I have a Dana 30 narrow track out of a CJ. Not sure if this would work for you, not sure if the knuckles are the same.

I will have to find out.

DodgeMudder
07-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Cj D30's are different than YJ/TJ/XJ Dana 30's.

muddeprived
07-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Cj D30's are different than YJ/TJ/XJ Dana 30's.

poop:retard:

ezman
07-26-2007, 03:17 PM
you'll have to get knuckles from a tj unless you plan on swapping out all the brakes and hubs... etc... nothing wrong with the hub bearing falling out... as long as it isn't loose... as in you can wiggle it around...

muddeprived
07-26-2007, 04:45 PM
you'll have to get knuckles from a tj unless you plan on swapping out all the brakes and hubs... etc... nothing wrong with the hub bearing falling out... as long as it isn't loose... as in you can wiggle it around...

Well the problem with the bearing being loose is when i hit bumps on the freeway, i can feel the sudden rattle even with the three bolts as tight as they can be. Plus i've been going through bearings and u-joints quickly. I'm on my 4th driver's side bearing, 3rd passenger, and 3rd u-joint in only two years. That's kinda excessive if you ask me. I only have 61k on the jeep. When i first got my jeep, the bearings needed a hammer to get them off. After launching it like an idiot (after only owning it for 1 month), i noticed the bearing just falls right out and that annoying rattle became...annoying :) The front axle does have other issues as well. I have grooves forming at the inside end of the axle shafts, where the bearing/seal is inside near the differential. I am guessing that i bent the axle slightly or something. I haevn't been able to dig deep yet to confirm that.

OverkillZJ
07-26-2007, 08:02 PM
I MIGHT still have TJ knuckles, I'll check tomorrow...

ezman
07-27-2007, 07:48 PM
yeah swap in another axle... try for one from an xj so you can have the hp... i did the same thing to mine... launching it anyways...
are you lifted at all... locked up front?... if you are wearing groves into your shafts... then yeah... you need to replace the whole axle housing...

muddeprived
07-27-2007, 08:15 PM
yeah swap in another axle... try for one from an xj so you can have the hp... i did the same thing to mine... launching it anyways...
are you lifted at all... locked up front?... if you are wearing groves into your shafts... then yeah... you need to replace the whole axle housing...

3.5", locked f/r 33's

2" bb, 31" tires, open when launched

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9127/p5260280rs3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot at 2007-07-27

:102:

:038:

ezman
07-29-2007, 11:14 PM
i'll see if i can find a link to the video of my old jeep (rip rudy) getting launched... many many many times...

ezman
07-29-2007, 11:25 PM
http://www.fullthrottleassault.com/video/mxparty.wmv

here's the link... it doesn't have all of the jumps on it... but there are a two of them... the video was from a few years ago in my buddies back yard... it was a fun party...

OverkillZJ
07-29-2007, 11:35 PM
I won't say it's not cool and all... but jumping a rig is such a bad idea, i don't even know where to start.

Unless it's your freebie riding mober. That little bastard jumps well!

gonecheenin
07-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Jumping creates a need for a truss no doubt

Amazingly though there were alot of unit bearing 30's under the tough trucks this weekend

muddeprived
07-30-2007, 11:48 AM
I won't say it's not cool and all... but jumping a rig is such a bad idea, i don't even know where to start.

Unless it's your freebie riding mober. That little bastard jumps well!

so is smoking but people still do it anyways :):101:

Honestly, i wish i never did it. I've had front axle problems ever since. I was driving a lifted IFS 2wd dakota with a fabtech pre-runner kit before the jeep and jumped that a couple feet a few times. Not a single issue from that. Now that i know the strength and weaknesses of tj's, i don't jump no more :)

OverkillZJ
07-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Suddenly jumping a vehicle sounds smarter...

And I argue offroad jumps are OK if it's for the purpose of getting over an obsticle (read: more than the jump itself). PsychoBilly's airborn Zuk was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

muddeprived
08-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Suddenly jumping a vehicle sounds smarter...

And I argue offroad jumps are OK if it's for the purpose of getting over an obsticle (read: more than the jump itself). PsychoBilly's airborn Zuk was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

pix??

Still looking. Hp 30 or TJ dana 30 (xj too).

muddeprived
09-01-2007, 06:36 AM
still lookin for knuckles :)