PDA

View Full Version : What did YOU drive this weekend?

OverkillZJ
04-05-2005, 11:09 PM
http://www.mallcrawlin.com/wheelinpics/moapapril05/gsw05prerun%20(37).jpg

Needless to say, I had a good time.

More pics at http://www.mallcrawlin.com/wheelinpics/moapapril05

Bill
04-05-2005, 11:22 PM
I bet you really want to hack into your sheetmetal now don't you?

OverkillZJ
04-05-2005, 11:28 PM
I bet you really want to hack into your sheetmetal now don't you?

Negative, talked with Cody a lot and really looked over his rig, that's not the direction I'm going in unless I'm forced to due to a big roll or accident. It's "sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet" on the trail and such, but he pointed out he has a tow rig to care for, but more so, has nothing to go camping in. That and frankly, I drove that thing up dump bump with one finger on the wheel and hardly hit the gas. It took NO EFFORT whatsoever where others weren't making it up at all.

That makes it an "amazing machine" but rather boring for non competition situations...

Doesn't mean I won't keep my ZJ and build another buggy though... ;)

JeepGeneral
04-06-2005, 09:43 AM
Those pictures settle it, PGHoffroad is going to Moab.....someday

OverkillZJ
04-06-2005, 12:09 PM

I'll be back there in June with my rig, come on out.

JeepGeneral
04-06-2005, 01:05 PM

I would love too, however being in college also means having no money, and my Jeep is in no condition to run Moab at this time (or make the drive out there). After I graduate and get a job, I'll be glad to join ya!

OverkillZJ
04-06-2005, 01:46 PM

I would love too, however being in college also means having no money, and my Jeep is in no condition to run Moab at this time (or make the drive out there). After I graduate and get a job, I'll be glad to join ya!

Doesn't seem to be stopping me! Although I'm going to try to keep this trip under $1500 including gas, food, lodging, and even (yes) breakage.... Wish me luck on that one... That's not counting the fancy new parts to get me out there and hopefuly return me without breakage though :roll:

PK
04-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Excellent shot (http://www.mallcrawlin.com/wheelinpics/moapapril05/GSWprerun05%20040.jpg)

OverkillZJ
04-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Excellent shot (http://www.mallcrawlin.com/wheelinpics/moapapril05/GSWprerun05%20040.jpg)

LOL, that's what I get for giving FTP access to others there for uploading pics...

Bill
04-06-2005, 02:49 PM
I'm going to try to keep this trip under $1500 including gas, food, lodging, and even (yes) breakage.... Wish me luck on that one...

Yeah right... Good luck with that one. :roll:

LordAthens
04-06-2005, 09:14 PM
Although I'm going to try to keep this trip under $1500 including gas, food, lodging, and even (yes) breakage.... Wish me luck on that one...

Lets see, Moab round trip, not counting actual wheeling miles is ~3696 miles. I believe you said you're getting ~12mpg, so that's 308 gallons of fuel. At current prices (2.20\gal), that's $677 in gas. That's 1\3 of your budget!

Either way, good luck on that ;)

OverkillZJ
04-06-2005, 09:23 PM
Although I'm going to try to keep this trip under $1500 including gas, food, lodging, and even (yes) breakage.... Wish me luck on that one...

Lets see, Moab round trip, not counting actual wheeling miles is ~3696 miles. I believe you said you're getting ~12mpg, so that's 308 gallons of fuel. At current prices (2.20\gal), that's $677 in gas. That's 1\3 of your budget!

Either way, good luck on that ;)

Actually the rig gets 18 highway unloaded, 16 loaded if I'm driving nicely, and about 2 if I drive like a dick. Those are my calculations, not the trip computer, I was pleasently surprised when I found that out. Between all the new sensors, intake, and exhaust, I'm back to stock readings!

I'm camping in Moab, and the rest of the time i'm staying with various friends. Food will be at friends or on the grill at the camp site, and I won't be doing fast food at all, but eating out of my own cooler. I'm sure I can keep it under $1500. I'll have a couple grand for backup just for emergencies of course, but I don't wanna touch it :-D

LordAthens
04-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Either way, it's an assload of gas, and it ain't cheap right now.

It blows my mind that red diesel is $1.60 right now and gas is $2.20. Just hope noone is dipping tanks if you're running red in a tow rig ;)

r6cyclegal
04-07-2005, 09:33 AM
Actually the rig gets 18 highway unloaded, 16 loaded if I'm driving nicely, and about 2 if I drive like a dick

So Matt you get about 2 MPG??? :smt036

Bill
04-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Better question, what will you be driving to the Meet & Greet this weekend?

Is the ZJ coming Matt?

OverkillZJ
04-07-2005, 10:32 AM

Is the ZJ coming Matt?

ZJ's coming, I'll be doing a VERY ghetto temporary fix on that shock mount on Saturday just to get it there.

Happycamper
04-07-2005, 01:01 PM

Is the ZJ coming Matt?

ZJ's coming, I'll be doing a VERY ghetto temporary fix on that shock mount on Saturday just to get it there.

The ZJ is coming, how about that pretty Rubi? You said you might not bring it out. Say it aint so!

Bill
04-07-2005, 01:08 PM
I am not sure if I am making it out just yet. It is about a 50/50 shot.

danzay
04-12-2005, 11:40 AM

I may be able to be in moab when you are there if you post a little more info about when. My zj is in southern cal right now and i may bring it back home in June so a stop over in Moab is very doable...Dan

OverkillZJ
04-12-2005, 11:50 AM
I'll be in Moab for Grand Slam West from June 10-12 (grands only, which I find annoying but that's another story).
-
Bbut Mark (karstman)and I are intending to stay for a few days after that to do some open wheeling - and then heading to Colorado for more :)

EDIT: since you have a grand, if you want to go to GSW, you need to register like.. yesterday http://24.8.116.15/GrandSlamWest/(am2ispyn4trtfo55fzxgwh45)/Login.aspx

Info site: www.mallcrawlin.com/gsw

They only accept 50 grands a year. 54 have requested to go, but only 40 have gotten their signed waivers in, so there's still time to slide in there.