PDA

View Full Version : Chili Pepper TJ South Hills

Happycamper
04-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Since everybody is seeing Built Jeeps on the road I'll ask about this one. Chili Pepper TJ guessing about 3-4" of lift and 33's. 4wd hardware sticker on windshield. Nice Jeep!

I always see you drive by my house on Old Washinton (Hays) and you sound the air horn for me :smt023

If you lurk around here post up and we'll shoot the $hit!

leonw
04-07-2005, 09:21 AM
I see him too if we are thinking of the same jeep. I live in McMurray, work in Lawrence. There used to be two cool jeeps at the dry cleaners next to Pizzaz. One is chili pepper with 4wd hardware window sticker, and the other was red. Both are set up really nice. I stopped seeing the red one and now there is a lifted Ranger in it's place, so I'm guessing he sold the TJ. BTW the red one had LED tail lights which I'm dying to do. I have most of what I need, I just have to figure out backup lights and licence plate lights and placement.

What are you driving? I probably see you. I'm driving a Steel blue TJ with a stainless shorty front bumper, 33's, bushwackers flares, alcoa style rims, and "it's a jeep thing...." across with windshield.

Happycamper
04-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Yeah were seeing the same one. I used to see it parked there all of the time to, but not anymore. Still drives by like everyday.

I drive an amberfire (orange) TJ with about 3.5 inches of lift and 33's on black steelies and a North East Crawlers decal on the sides.

MF Steve!
04-08-2005, 08:45 PM
LED's are really easy to do. you can get "lite n boltz" for a plate light, and a set of micro fog lights will splice right into the factory reverse light wiring... took me about 2 hours to cut the holes, neatly wire everything, and mount the reverse/plate lights...the only other issue you may have due to less voltage being used is your flasher. you can buy a "heavy duty model for a few $ at any local autoparts store. not too many tools involved either...wire cutter/strippers, butt connectors, a 4" metal holesaw, circuit tester, and a few other simple hand tools...

if youre serious about doin them...ill give you a hand if you'd like.

-steve

Happycamper
04-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Ironically enough I was outside working in the yard yesterday and I turn around there's a chili pepper red TJ sittin in my driveway! He finally drove by while I was outside. Real nice guy, I think he said he is still in school. But the TJ is preety sweet. It's got a 3" lift and Pro Comp 32x11.5 mudders. Bushwackeer flares, tub is lined, yada yada yada. AND he went to 4wd hardware, browsing through scratch and dent, comes across a bumper tire carrier combo that had originally been like $900 and got it for $400. I didn't recognoze it, he said it was in the new products section of the 4wd catalog last month.

I told him about the forum and got his number so we may have someone else on board, plus one of his friends with a TJ.

Bill
04-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Wow... talk about coincidence.