PDA

View Full Version : D30 , crap wheels/tires wanted, any condition

PK
04-07-2005, 09:56 AM
When I finally do crush my XJ into a cube, I will want to save the HP30. However, getting it to a state where it is a rolling chassis will require that I replace the front axle with something.

Does anyone have a D30 or housing that they would like to contribute?

Does anyone have any absolute crap wheels/tires that they would like to be rid of?

OverkillZJ
04-07-2005, 10:31 AM
I have a LP 30 with rusted out gears in the front that I want to get rid of. Put some hubs and stub shafts on it, and it'll roll just fine.

PK
04-07-2005, 10:34 AM
I'll take it.

Unfortunately, at the moment I don't have any car that is able to transport an axle. But that may change or someone may consider trading transportation services for beer/pizza. :)

However, that will help out significantly. I'd hate to see a perfectly good HP30 get crushed into a cube.

OverkillZJ
04-07-2005, 10:51 AM
Brandon has a trailer now, I say we make him play delivery service :lol:

Do you have hubs and stub shafts to get it rolling? It has my old stock steering on it (shot) which should at least keep both wheels facing the same direction, haha

PK
04-07-2005, 12:19 PM
My thought is that i'd probably pull the shafts from the HP30 to get it rolling. To my knowledge everything else swaps; the useful part of the HP30 is just the tube/diff.

OverkillZJ
04-07-2005, 12:23 PM
My thought is that i'd probably pull the shafts from the HP30 to get it rolling. To my knowledge everything else swaps; the useful part of the HP30 is just the tube/diff.

Yup, and I just realized I have some old 260 shafts and bearings if you want them too! I'd deliver, but the Jeeps in "meet and greet only" mode right now and without inspection so I'm only driving at night, haha. I need to pull the shafts / bearings that are in it since they're good spares.

PK
04-07-2005, 12:57 PM
I wont be pulling the axle until I'm just about out of parts to remove, and there are plenty to go before I get to that point.

So, there's no rush. However, I need to devise SOME end-game strategy here, the last thing I need is an XJ with no wheels and no tires, sitting in my garage on its t-case skid. :)

OverkillZJ
04-07-2005, 01:08 PM
It's just sitting behind my shed right now, it's not going anywhere so take your time.

End game stragegy: Expect me to give you: d30 axle with 260 shafts and old bearings + shot ZJ steering on it. Bushings are shot and axle sucks, but it'll roll it to the crusher!

We just need to make Brandon bring that trailor back over here when you're ready for it :partyman:

I have an old set of wheels / tires I could LEND you but I'd want them back (need to put them on to pass inspection) - but I don't know if that helps your situation any.

PK
04-07-2005, 01:13 PM
The wheels -- I guess I just would hate to give away what's on it now, worthless as it is. Theres just 7000 miles at best on them (stock GS/A's on snowflake rims). Kind of a waste, but I junked the tires that came with it, which were down to the metal bands. :) Too bad, they were perfect candidates to swap back on.

I may potentially "sell" the rolling chasis for whatever I can get for it, depending on what is left on it, it may be worth something to someone. I expect the block and tranny may go with it, just because they'll be too much of a pain to pull, not worth the time.

OverkillZJ
04-07-2005, 03:59 PM
If you end up not keeping those wheels / tires, I'll trade you my junker wheels / tires (my "inspection passing tires") for your nicer ones ;)