PDA

View Full Version : WTB Built HP Dana 30

MF Steve!
08-09-2007, 04:13 PM
I doubt anyone has one laying around, but if you've seen one for sale on another board, please post a link, or shoot me a PM. Must be High Pinion.

I'm looking for something with:

At minimum, a Warn hub conversion.

I wouldn't mind a set of chromo shafts or a locker either.

--

Also, I would take a stock HP 30 if the price was right.

muddeprived
08-12-2007, 02:15 PM
I've been lookin for the same thing for weeks now. I see most of them at jeepforum.com but mainly 3.55's gears and not built, just pulled from the xj's. I'm getting one from my junk yard.

MF Steve!
08-12-2007, 05:08 PM
I've been lookin for the same thing for weeks now. I see most of them at jeepforum.com but mainly 3.55's gears and not built, just pulled from the xj's. I'm getting one from my junk yard.

If there is more than one, please let me know! I would really like to find somthing built up, but if I have to, I'll take a stock one. I just need something to bolt in for now...my Jeep should be looking extremely tall within the next few weeks.

OverkillZJ
08-12-2007, 07:54 PM
I don't know if you'll find a built one easily, I didn't even sell mine built, but pulled it apart to sell in parts since the upgraded parts literally brought 3x as much as I could sell the whole axle

MF Steve!
08-12-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't know if you'll find a built one easily, I didn't even sell mine built, but pulled it apart to sell in parts since the upgraded parts literally brought 3x as much as I could sell the whole axle

I shoulda bought that fcuking axle!!!

OverkillZJ
08-12-2007, 08:29 PM
You know it was a steal even with the blown gears :D

john00TJ
08-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Sechrist pick and pull has a few of these ..i paid just under $100 for the complete axle ..

muddeprived
08-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Sechrist pick and pull has a few of these ..i paid just under $100 for the complete axle ..

Sechrist pick and pull? any info on that?

OverkillZJ
08-12-2007, 10:42 PM
If they really do, jump on it, shit there disappears as soon as it shows up... pretty decent yard, but pick-pulled hourly

john00TJ
08-13-2007, 07:52 AM
there was a few xjs with non disco fronts out there the other day when i grabbed my drive shaft ..like overkill said stuff gets picked quick so dont snooze

http://www.sechristautoparts.com/

JeepGeneral
08-13-2007, 09:49 AM
Beware of bent housings...the first 2 I had were garbage (one pulled from Sechrist)

MF Steve!
08-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Ideally an XJ HP30 is top of the list. The fact that it already has the link mounts, etc. makes it that much easier for me to get the MJ on the street. Eventually I'll obviously strip the housing and replace all mounts with some super beef.

LowBudget
08-13-2007, 11:49 PM
I'll be selling my front 30. XJ HP D30, welded pass. side tube with small truss. 3/16" lower control arms skids (fully welded). ARB, either Alloy usa or Yukon 4.88s (can't remember which end got which brand). 760 spicers, spicer ball joints, new calipers, pads, rotors etc. U-bolt yoke for 1310. Not chromo shafts, stockers. Haven't had any problems, just scored a D44 and ready to build. Most of this is only one year old and only 4-5 trips on it. Also have Currie HD steering setup and Rancho stabilizer. Asking 1100 for the axle complete rotor to rotor, 250 for the steering setup. Package deal?

MF Steve!
08-14-2007, 06:19 AM
I'll be selling my front 30. XJ HP D30, welded pass. side tube with small truss. 3/16" lower control arms skids (fully welded). ARB, either Alloy usa or Yukon 4.88s (can't remember which end got which brand). 760 spicers, spicer ball joints, new calipers, pads, rotors etc. U-bolt yoke for 1310. Not chromo shafts, stockers. Haven't had any problems, just scored a D44 and ready to build. Most of this is only one year old and only 4-5 trips on it. Also have Currie HD steering setup and Rancho stabilizer. Asking 1100 for the axle complete rotor to rotor, 250 for the steering setup. Package deal?

When are you going to be selling it?

LowBudget
08-14-2007, 08:57 AM
Pretty much as soon as I've got a definite buyer, This is the first I have posted it. SirFuego mentioned someone here was looking so I figured I'd start here. Ordering the mounts from Claytons for my HP44 this week, basically whenever your ready :wink:

muddeprived
08-17-2007, 10:13 AM
Beware of bent housings...the first 2 I had were garbage (one pulled from Sechrist)

is there any way to actually tell if the housing is bent if it's not visually...visible? My 30 doesn't look bent to the naked eye but it is. The only way i know is all the constant problems i have....and that i launched the jeep a couple times years ago.

I'm thinking about heading up to their yard and take a look.

muddeprived
08-17-2007, 10:15 AM
Oh i forgot, does anyone have a complete address to sechrist? All i see is West alexander, and dawson, pa. No street name. I tried calling but i got hung up on twice :( (no one likes relay services for hearing impaired people :tear: )

mudforblood
08-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Oh i forgot, does anyone have a complete address to sechrist? All i see is West alexander, and dawson, pa. No street name. I tried calling but i got hung up on twice :( (no one likes relay services for hearing impaired people :tear: )

Friggin ignorant aholes. :011:

Did you see the maps?
http://www.bobcossellsupullit.com/find_west_alexander.htm
http://www.bobcossellsupullit.com/find_dawson.htm

If that doesnt help then I'll call and get the address for ya. Just let me know.

muddeprived
08-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Friggin ignorant aholes. :011:

Did you see the maps?
http://www.bobcossellsupullit.com/find_west_alexander.htm
http://www.bobcossellsupullit.com/find_dawson.htm

If that doesnt help then I'll call and get the address for ya. Just let me know.

Couldn't view em. I just formatted my harddrive and hadn't upgraded IE yet and probably why all i saw was a blank page. I see the address now. Thanks.

COVEJEEPSXJ
08-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Hadn't really thought about selling my 30 but for the right price....

XJ HP Dana 30
4.56's
Detroit
Warn Hub Conversion (5 on 5.5)
Warn Alloy Outers (30 spline)
Yukon Alloy Inners (27 spline)
Rockcrusher Cover
Currie Steering
Spare Lockouts

Make an offer.

xjclassic96@yahoo.com

COVEJEEPSXJ
08-27-2007, 11:06 AM
MF Steve!, Any interest?

MF Steve!
08-27-2007, 05:05 PM
MF Steve!, Any interest?

Of course I'm interested. $$$ is always the issue though...the fact that it's 5 on 5.5 kinda sucks, I'll be going 5 on 4.5 for sure.

COVEJEEPSXJ
08-28-2007, 06:44 AM
Of course I'm interested. $$$ is always the issue though...the fact that it's 5 on 5.5 kinda sucks, I'll be going 5 on 4.5 for sure.

Yea, if you want the better warn hub conversion (30 spline) you have to go to 5 on 5.5. The 5 on 4.5 kit is junk in my opinion and is a downgrade in strength from the unibearing. Swapping the rear to 5 on 5.5 is as simple as getting dual pattern alloys.

gonecheenin
08-28-2007, 08:35 AM
Yea, if you want the better warn hub conversion (30 spline) you have to go to 5 on 5.5. The 5 on 4.5 kit is junk in my opinion and is a downgrade in strength from the unibearing.

I'm gonna strongly argue that due to my own experience of twisting Warn 27 spline 4340 inners BEFORE I tore up a hub OR twisted off a stub with my Ranger style kit

The D44 style hub conversion is definitely the best option, but the Ranger style D35 hub conversion is far from a downgrade or even similiar in strength to a unit bearing setup

COVEJEEPSXJ
08-28-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm gonna strongly argue that due to my own experience of twisting Warn 27 spline 4340 inners BEFORE I tore up a hub OR twisted off a stub with my Ranger style kit

The D44 style hub conversion is definitely the best option, but the Ranger style D35 hub conversion is far from a downgrade or even similiar in strength to a unit bearing setup

The only reason I said that is because I watched a commanche running the Ranger style hub conversion blow 3 hubs in the matter of 20 feet on Pucker at Big Dogs.

That is impressive that the hubs held together while you twisted the inner.

OverkillZJ
08-28-2007, 10:25 AM

I blew two ring gears on the Warn 5 on 4.5 conversion, the shafts and ujoints and hubs were fine, and still in use in another Jeep.

gonecheenin
08-28-2007, 12:09 PM
The only reason I said that is because I watched a commanche running the Ranger style hub conversion blow 3 hubs in the matter of 20 feet on Pucker at Big Dogs.

That is impressive that the hubs held together while you twisted the inner.

Coulda' been the milemarker setup, they say those are pretty much a street only hub conversion setup

COVEJEEPSXJ
08-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Coulda' been the milemarker setup, they say those are pretty much a street only hub conversion setup

From the sounds of the luck you two have had with your setups, the commanche very well might have had the milemaker hubs. I just know he couldn't keep his together.

MF Steve!
09-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Yea, if you want the better warn hub conversion (30 spline) you have to go to 5 on 5.5. The 5 on 4.5 kit is junk in my opinion and is a downgrade in strength from the unibearing. Swapping the rear to 5 on 5.5 is as simple as getting dual pattern alloys.

It's all about the wheels. I have TJ rubicon wheels, 5 x 4.5 pattern. Yes, I'll most likely be running spacers, and I know I can go from 5.5 to 4.5 with a spacer. It's not even that. It's the fact that I can't pull what would probably be $1k+ outta my ass right now. It's just not gonna happen right now.