PDA

View Full Version : *For sale forum rules*

OverkillZJ
04-10-2005, 05:55 PM
I know we said we were going to "feel for rules" and state them as needed: But I think seeing as there's 12 posts and one seller right now, it's needed.

When selling several items at once, PLEASE KEEP THEM IN ONE THREAD within reason. There is no need to take up 3/4th of the for sale forum with one sellers posts.

Please post price and location to cut down on the basic "how much and where" posts.

Thank you.

xsjado
04-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Amen brutha, you preach dat shit.

89MJComanche
04-10-2005, 10:08 PM
Well,
That was not the rule before, and I have had much better luck selling my stuff over at JU, and ROF, and P4x4, by doing the multiple listing thing.

So I think that we should keep it that way here!! Multiple listings works better, it allows search to find the items. If I dont sell something for 6 months it allows some one to search for the item, see that no one ever responded to the post, and contact me to buy.

But what ever...

OverkillZJ
04-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Multiple listings does NOT work better. You take up half the page and frankly it's pretty annoying. I know we had no rules about it which is why I didn't even contact you about it or say "merge the threads" - but I did receive several complaints about it, so I figured a rule was in order for future posts; that's all.

89MJComanche
04-10-2005, 10:43 PM
OK.

Dont people have other stuff to complain about like the fact that Washington County and the tax payers in PA are about to fund a TIF to build Bass Pro Shops a new location in MEADOW LANDS PA, or something else that affects us all.

Good thing that we dont have a million people on here each who have ten things for sale. Then there would be like ten million multiple posts.

So what is the limit then on how many posts that you are allowed to make?? 1?? 2?? 3?? 4?? 5??? Then after you sell something and you BTT it as sold are you allowed then to post a new for sale ad?? Or do you have to delte the first one that will then allow you another spot to post a new one??

YEP your right, I am being a jack ass over this! I dont think that there should be a limit on the number of posts some one can make.

Sign me up as for sale forum POST WHORE!!

OverkillZJ
04-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Ok, I don't really know what the hell is wrong with you, but since this was an announcement not a discussion, I'm locking this thread and going to bed :roll:

PS I said "within reason" - I think it's safe to say that when I actually received complaints about you taking up half the page was not within reason, I yi yi... PM me if you wan't to discuss it.

LordAthens
04-11-2005, 12:41 AM
I'll throw my comment in on this..

8 threads in one day could have been summed up with a subject title of;

LJ Suspension \ Tires \ XJ Stuff \ Hard top's + doors's

Nothing more. You'll get more views doing that, because it leaves more to be desired. A "subject" is a vauge description. There is no need for the entire description to be in the title.

And that's that.

Bill
08-14-2005, 01:57 PM
I combined the posts. I fixed the problem.

NOTE TO ALL:

In the future, if you want to post a number of things all at the same time that pertain to the same thing (offroading) please be courteous of the other members on this forum and post them in the same thread. By posting numerous threads you push other possible seller's posts down to the bottom of the page if not on to page 2.

This problem is easy to avoid.

If anyone has a problem with this rule, please feel free to PM me and we can discuss it there.

-Bill

Bill
08-19-2005, 07:32 PM
If you have multiple items to sell on the market place and are posting them at the same time they need to be in the same thread.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE BS FICTIONAL NAMES UP TO "BEAT THE SYSTEM" THEN I WILL RESTRICT THAT IP ADDRESS FOR ACCESSING THE SITE WITHOUT HESITATION.

Please PM me with any questions.

-Bill