PDA

View Full Version : TJ owners: Where / how did you mount your fire extinguisher?

Bill
04-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Looking for some ideas on where to mount an extinguisher(s) and any help is appreciated. I have a few ideas, but I would like to see what others have done as well.

Pics are preferred and appreciated!

TIA

-Bill

JeepGeneral
04-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Mine is mounted on the floor on the right side of the driver's seat. The only problem I've experienced is people hitting it while getting out of the back seat on the driver's side. It is nice because if a problem occurs, it is right there.

Tom

MF Steve!
04-11-2005, 08:24 PM
ive seen passenger side of the console, next to where the 4x shifter would be located...quite a few times. mine was on the drivers side of the rollbar behind the seat til i got the halftop...

Cebby
04-11-2005, 09:38 PM
From what I've read from folks in the know, the extinguisher should be mounted standing up, not laying down.

Of course, mine is mounted laying down though...

OverkillZJ
04-11-2005, 09:42 PM
From what I've read from folks in the know, the extinguisher should be mounted standing up, not laying down.

Of course, mine is mounted laying down though...

Mine's mounted laying down, but in my rig it doesn't matter since it spends half the time on it's side, so its either upright or upside down!