PDA

View Full Version : *NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS*

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

OverkillZJ
04-12-2005, 11:27 AM
New to the group? Introduce yourself here!

Happycamper
04-12-2005, 01:54 PM
C'mon now people don't be shy, we see your registered with no posts. We play nice, usually!! 8O

LordAthens
04-12-2005, 05:46 PM
I'm gonna start deleting 0 post members ;)

OverkillZJ
04-12-2005, 06:10 PM

Riiiiiight, cause that's helpful!

quattrokw
04-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Hey y'all! I'm relatively new to this group..........My name's Ken, I'm from North Huntingdon, I have a '04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition, 4.7 L H.O. V8, Towing group, Kevin's Sliders, skid plates, Teraflex BB, Edelbrock IAS shocks, Rancho SS, Cobra CB with 3' Firestik, Black Daytonas with Bridgestone Revos.........I think that is all (for now...). Any Hillview people who want to go out on the trails, keep me in mind and let me know! (I hear a group from there knows some trails out in this area, I'd like to meet up with y'all!). Did I bore y'all enough yet? I'm all crazy-hyper cause I was just doing my taxes! :x Oh, another thing, I like to look at Bill's Rubicon on DeSoto St. everyday!!!!! :mrgreen:

JeepKTMGuy
04-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Hey I am relatively new to the group. I also bought my Jeep from Hillview. I have an 02 TJ Sport. 2 BB lift, 31 BFG AT, hella fog lights, piaa windshield mounted lights, high lift, pioneer stereo, tuffy console, blah, blah, blah. I am always up for wheeling. Drop me a line if you Hillview guys are going out.

DOUG

Bill
04-13-2005, 08:39 PM
I am all about making some runs with the Hillview guys too... :D

r6cyclegal
04-14-2005, 03:37 PM

You only said that 'cause you like to meet your fan base :roll: He likes to look at your Jeep. :smt055

Bill
04-14-2005, 05:40 PM

You only said that 'cause you like to meet your fan base :roll: He likes to look at your Jeep. :smt055

No way... I have the official Hillview Recovery Vehicle (At least at Wellsville I did.) 8)

JeepGeneral
04-14-2005, 07:34 PM
We're going to have to hit the trails to disprove Bill's rumors. Two more weeks of school and I'm free, how about we take a small run on May 7th?

JeepKTMGuy
04-14-2005, 09:56 PM
I'm game...

Jeepgeneral where do you go to school??

quattrokw
04-14-2005, 10:07 PM
Count me in.............

JeepGeneral
04-15-2005, 10:58 AM
I'm game...

Jeepgeneral where do you go to school??

I got to Pitt

I'm going to talk to Ralph and some others tonight, and try to get them to lead us around Creek Falls.

MickB
05-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Guess I should post an introduction...Howdy all!

I'm originally from Franklin, PA. Entered the Air Force in 84. 17 yrs Law Enforcement, and 3 yrs Paralegal. I spent 5 yrs upstate NY, 2 yrs Germany, 19 months Italy, 6 yrs United Kingdom, 2 yrs South Dakota, 3 yrs Northern California...retired frm AF and moved to Pgh. Started wheeling in Northern California. On my way home after retiring, my brother-in-law and I did a cross-country road trip after I picked him up at the San Fran airport. Camped and wheeled Deer Valley trail in the Sierra Nevadas (CA) and Moab on our way East.

Now, I'm working as a D&A Case Manager at Gateway-Braddock...In the process of hopefully getting a job with Pgh City Police or Allegheny Co Deputy Sheriff.

My vehicle specs are listed in my sig. Started mod'n my Pathfinder in 1999. Got alot of wheeling experience in CA, to include the Rubicon last May. Most of my adventures are posted on my cardomain web pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/mickb

I hope to get an Unlimited Rubicon in a couple yrs for my next vehicle....we'll see!

MickB
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/177000-177999/177236_212_full.jpg

ZJDRE
06-17-2005, 06:52 PM
hey there people, my name is Trey i live south of waynesburg, PA. I have a 94 ZJ 4.0 on a BB and 32" MTs soon to be on it. I am with the WVJP http://jeepinwv.com they are all pretty nice ppl to wheel with just looking to meet more jeep people in the western PA area and do some wheeling.

r6cyclegal
06-20-2005, 09:30 AM
hey there people, my name is Trey i live south of waynesburg, PA. I have a 94 ZJ 4.0 on a BB and 32" MTs soon to be on it. I am with the WVJP http://jeepinwv.com they are all pretty nice ppl to wheel with just looking to meet more jeep people in the western PA area and do some wheeling.

Welcome! :hello2

MURPH
07-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Hey
Thought I should say hello
Especially since I posted in 4-sale section :wink:
Hope to meet ya on trail sometime

r6cyclegal
07-06-2005, 08:20 AM
Hola! :hello2

BigZees
07-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Well what can I say...

I'm not exactly a new member as I have been in the group for a couple odd years... Just hidden in the wings so to speak... Ok, Bill had me locked in a closet and fed me through the crack under the door.

I have wheeled with, dragged, cut trees, fixed buggies, machined parts for,
shoveled snow with, a few of you.

Been to Paragon with a group of you guys, and miss going back. Created trails in Connelsville (down a boulder infested creek bed, which got me a ton of email about) helped a guy named Bill with his slippery tennis shoes and effects of said shoes. :O (sorry Bill, and no you'll never live that down)
See Ralph (orange Zuk) and bbaker (white XJ with the bum crank sensor) from time to time.

Kartsman and I have perfected NP231 transfer case removal and can remove / replace one in 23 to 25 minutes. (no lie, we did it 5 or 6 times)
(due to my stupidity)

I have been tour guide for the Connelsville trail area for years, had people from NJ, Cleveland, Erie, Maryland in my groups. (and I might add we never lost any of them... yet)

I hope to see you guys on the trails soon. I am trying to sell old faithful red. It needs a tub and I just dont have the time with the kids and work to be out of a vehicle for a week or more. I did purchase a 2000 XJ. Once old red goes the proceeds will go to a lift, tires, locker, and bumpers for the new one. I still have my Warn 9500 xi waiting for a home, so front bumperage for the XJ will be first mod. Will take a little time but I'll be joining you guys real soon at the trailhead.

Brian

YZEATER
07-19-2005, 02:54 PM
hello all. don't have a jeep but i'm near pittsbugh. thought i'd join anyway.
truck is below.

r6cyclegal
07-19-2005, 04:06 PM
hello all. don't have a jeep but i'm near pittsbugh. thought i'd join anyway.
truck is below.

Welcome! It's not a Jeep forum but an offroading forum so all vehicles are welcome. We just mostly have Jeeps. 8)

fordfourby
08-03-2005, 10:27 PM
My Name is Jon I feel kinda out of place here... being that all of you seem to have jeeps. I'm new to off roading i've had my truck for about a year and just recently began to realize its potential, with the help of two friends its quickly becoming an addiction. I love it though. I'm becoming more of a gear head too (already knew the basics), i dont know how much any of you know about fords front Ibeam suspension but its a pain in the neck to change the ball joints and i'm now changing out the auto hubs for a set of warn manual hubs because they died, geting the U joints while I'm at it ( this is more than likely a result of the trails). But like i said i'm enjoying it and hope you guys dont kick me out because mine is bigger than yours :D

Bill
08-04-2005, 07:48 AM
My Name is Jon I feel kinda out of place here... being that all of you seem to have jeeps. I'm new to off roading i've had my truck for about a year and just recently began to realize its potential, with the help of two friends its quickly becoming an addiction. I love it though. I'm becoming more of a gear head too (already knew the basics), i dont know how much any of you know about fords front Ibeam suspension but its a pain in the neck to change the ball joints and i'm now changing out the auto hubs for a set of warn manual hubs because they died, geting the U joints while I'm at it ( this is more than likely a result of the trails). But like i said i'm enjoying it and hope you guys dont kick me out because mine is bigger than yours :D

Welcome to the forum... There are a few truck folks here and a lot of knowledge. You will have to get that thing running right and come out on the trail with us. Got any pics?

fordfourby
08-04-2005, 11:51 AM
yea i'll try to get them on here this weekend when i have a little free time

XJJeepGirl98
08-13-2005, 10:40 AM
Well since I skipped this and went straight to posting I guess I'll go back and do it now. My name's Kristin and I drive a 98 XJ. It's still stock at the moment...but i'm not afraid to test the limits with it. I live pretty close to Connesville so ne time u guys wanna go let me know...I'll be in. Next on the list of things to do though is definaley skip plates...hopefully b4 Paragon..otherwise i'll be riding instead of driving...and every good jeeper know that won't work.

fordfourby
08-15-2005, 02:26 PM
i guess the post got lost so here it is again

http://fockewulf109.tripod.com/truck/

bookfiend
08-18-2005, 10:05 PM
Hi!
Connellsvillian jeep chick checking in :hello2
I've wheeled with the BLWA a few times, but they're always wheeling soooo far away from me, especially with 3.00 gas. I noticed you guys wheel closer to my neck of the woods, hope to join on some rides. :D

bigblackjeep95
08-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Hey guys I threw a post up a long time ago, I have since moved to Connellsville, off of Pittsburgh Street close to the trail. I am a member of CJWV, and know some of the guys on here, blackjeep04 "Matt" and quicksilverrubi "JD", also Lyman R. not sure of his SN. I look forward to meeting some of you guys and hitting the trail when I get my XJ back next week. I'm getting 4.56's, Warn chromo inners and outer up front along with a True Trac, a Detroit Locker in the rear, and a Over Knuckle steering setup. Currently my XJ is sitting on a 8" Rock Krawler lift with 35's, truck farm front bumper, Warn M8000 winch, some Procomp 8" lights, gutted interior heculined, BondoLiner on the complete body and some other small goodies like a Borla header, Redtop Optima, linelock, and homemade cold air intake with a K&N filter. Hope to meet up with you guys soon!!!!

SORRY MISSED THIS THREAD AND POSTED A NEW TOPIC......my bad :?

Barry

gonecheenin
09-01-2005, 03:05 PM
My names Jason
I live in Upper Burrell, PA (right outside of New Kensington, PA)
and i work in Cranberry, PA

I'm a founding member of www.blwa.org

always love to meet/wheel with other local offroaders

I've been wheeling since i was old enough to figure out that the mower deck could come off the lawn tractor and WHEW BOY would that Snapper go with tire chains on it :twisted:

I am NOT a "jeeper" (I hate that phrase) but i do have a few jeeps in my driveway

I own a 93 4cyl, 5sp YJ with a 2.5" skyjacker lift, 1" motor mount lift,
31's locked front/open rear
with no sway bars or trac-bars (she flexs like a champ)
This Heep is my Daily Driver and unfourtunatly about to fall victim to the rise in gas prices since i'm getting to the point i can't afford to put gas in it anymore so it's gonna be sold soon :cry:

I also have a 95' Grand cherokee with a 2" BB and 31's that i bought off my girlfriend, it's going through a drivetrain update to a 5 speed stick with dual 231 t-cases, 4.56 superior gears, a Detriot locked Super 35 rear, and a front Aussie locker drop in
Gonna be my new and very sweet street and trail rig (A/C is SO gonna rock in mid summer)

My pride and joy would be my 78' Blazer
it no longer has a body
It's got a VW dune buggy pipe frame welded down to it
soon to be powered by a 4.3L TBI engine, through a 700r4&NP208 combo
Aussie locked front and welded rear
with 38.5 boggers all around
thats my offroad Mo-Chine, usually it will go pretty much anywhere i point it 8)

my girl is also into offroading
she owns a 78' F150 with a 6" skyjacker on 33" Buckshot mudders
and her new 94' Heep Grand Cherokee, 4.0L with factory 5 speed

she's only owned that for about a week and it's already got a 3" Rubicon express lift on it's way :D

neither of those get wheeled very hard though, her vehicles are more the pretty side of the family

whelp thats me
i got some pics to if anybodys interested

BAD_GNR
09-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Hey, I'm Brian, I own an 05 tj and I've been meaning to put something up on here, forgot that I'd created a profile. Well, I'm an architect in downtown Pittsburgh, live in the north hills. Done some mods - 2" BB, steering & oil pan skids, oem rockers, front & rear tow hooks, herculined tub, 31" mtrs with 16" teflon coated rims, cj mirrors, jks quicker disco's, cowskin seat covers (don't ask) and a handpainted gnr tire cover. oh yea, the mirror ball that completes the 80's look. I also have a set of kc fogs and daylighters i still have to wire up. Let me know when you guys want to wheel. Headed down to GWNF first weekend in October if anyone's goin.

r6cyclegal
09-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Welcome everyone!!

OverkillZJ
09-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Hey, I'm Brian, I own an 05 tj and I've been meaning to put something up on here, forgot that I'd created a profile. Well, I'm an architect in downtown Pittsburgh, live in the north hills. Done some mods - 2" BB, steering & oil pan skids, oem rockers, front & rear tow hooks, herculined tub, 31" mtrs with 16" teflon coated rims, cj mirrors, jks quicker disco's, cowskin seat covers (don't ask) and a handpainted gnr tire cover. oh yea, the mirror ball that completes the 80's look. I also have a set of kc fogs and daylighters i still have to wire up. Let me know when you guys want to wheel. Headed down to GWNF first weekend in October if anyone's goin.

You know that those cowskin seats add 5 horsepower :finga:

XJJeepGirl98
09-07-2005, 12:19 AM
Nah its definatley the disco ball that puts it over the top....that and going to a Rascal Flatts concert in the rain. Right Brian.

BAD_GNR
09-07-2005, 08:10 AM
You know that those cowskin seats add 5 horsepower :finga:

Really? I thought that extra 5 horsepower came from those stickers that came with my jks quick disco's and my re bb. Guess I was wrong.

And Kristin? Why am I not surprised that was you on here. Damn you and your country music. See you around.

john00TJ
09-11-2005, 03:50 PM
new guy from Pittsburgh area actually Elizabeth ...just got a 00 TJ ..its my first jeep ...took it wheeling over a local area called webster yesterday and it did well i was suprised for a stocker ...i am in the process of making some bumpers and sliders to start off ...anyone around here wanna wheel with a stocker hit me up :D

Bill
09-11-2005, 04:50 PM
new guy from Pittsburgh area actually Elizabeth ...just got a 00 TJ ..its my first jeep ...took it wheeling over a local area called webster yesterday and it did well i was suprised for a stocker ...i am in the process of making some bumpers and sliders to start off ...anyone around here wanna wheel with a stocker hit me up :D

Welcome to teh forum John! :hello

Shodan
09-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Hi All,

I found out about PghOffRoad over at Western PA Xterra Club. I live about half way between Washington and Waynesburg, but I work in and have family in the South Hills.

I have an 05 Xterra. I've had 4X4s my whole life, but just got into wheelin with the Xterra. I have 32's, sliders and the factory locker in the rear so I do OK even with the modified X's. Doubt I could hang with modded Jeeps though, but I'd like to join in on a semi-stock friendly run.

Nice to meet everyone.

Darrin

Bill
09-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Hi All,

I found out about PghOffRoad over at Western PA Xterra Club. I live about half way between Washington and Waynesburg, but I work in and have family in the South Hills.

I have an 05 Xterra. I've had 4X4s my whole life, but just got into wheelin with the Xterra. I have 32's, sliders and the factory locker in the rear so I do OK even with the modified X's. Doubt I could hang with modded Jeeps though, but I'd like to join in on a semi-stock friendly run.

Nice to meet everyone.

Darrin

Welcome :hello

r6cyclegal
09-12-2005, 03:28 PM
:hello

OverkillZJ
09-12-2005, 03:37 PM

That smiley makes me want to hurt someone.

But welcome!

r6cyclegal
09-12-2005, 03:59 PM
I love that smilie. :hello :hello :hello :hello
Why do you want to hurt me????? :hello :hello :hello :hello :P

OverkillZJ
09-12-2005, 04:01 PM
I love that smilie. :hello :hello :hello :hello
Why do you want to hurt me????? :hello :hello :hello :hello :P

:finga:

TimMichaels
09-12-2005, 10:56 PM

Elizabeth, eh? Me too... or at least I was until I headed to Clarion for college. :P

john00TJ
09-13-2005, 09:08 AM

Elizabeth, eh? Me too... or at least I was until I headed to Clarion for college. :P

LOL thats funny i found this website actually from the sticker on your jeep ...your parents live up the road from me ...i had that red lifted ZR2 blazer and the bottom of arrow dr now i got a TJ ...hit me up if you wanna wheel sometime :D

r6cyclegal
09-13-2005, 01:25 PM
Welcome to the site John. I can't use my hello smilie because it scares Matt :smt088 and he has nightmares, so I'll just say "hello."

Can I use this smilie Matt: :hello2

OverkillZJ
09-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Welcome to the site John. I can't use my hello smilie because it scares Matt :smt088 and he has nightmares, so I'll just say "hello."

Can I use this smilie Matt: :hello2

No, you will die!

r6cyclegal
09-13-2005, 03:50 PM
OK. I'm sorry I used :hello2 and :hello . I will try to refrain from using :hello2 and :hello again in the future. Please do not kill me for using :hello2 and :hello . Maybe you should see someone about your thought of hate and death when you see :hello2 and :hello . :hello2 and :hello are just cute smilies and :hello2 and :hello should not be seen as a threat to you. :hello2 and :hello should make you feel warm and fuzzy inside not homicidal. :hello2 and :hello are your friends. Learn to love :hello2 and :hello . :hello2 and :hello love you.

john00TJ
09-13-2005, 05:18 PM
LOL man all those smilies are hard on the eyes ...

thanks for the welcome guys and girls

gonecheenin
09-14-2005, 02:08 PM
:roflmao

TimMichaels
09-15-2005, 08:13 PM
LOL thats funny i found this website actually from the sticker on your jeep ...your parents live up the road from me ...i had that red lifted ZR2 blazer and the bottom of arrow dr now i got a TJ ...hit me up if you wanna wheel sometime :D

Haha, I used to look at that thing all the time... we're like the only two people in that town that seem to actually take their vehicles offroad. That's pretty cool that someone actually checked out the sticker. We'll have to go wheeling some time... and maybe convince the people with the lifted ZJ across from the bank to come along. It looks like that thing's a pretty big mall crawler but I wanna see it hit a trail.

BAD_GNR
09-29-2005, 12:52 PM
Well, now that i've gotten my lazy ass around to get some free image hosting, here are my much delayed pics... see i do have a mirror ball

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/badmotorfngr/100_0601.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/badmotorfngr/100_0480.jpg

EddyB
09-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Hey everybody. New to the site, and always looking for someplace new to wheel. I live in Mt. Lebanon and wheel an '89 Toyota P/U.

Cebby
09-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Welcome - good to see another Yota onboard!

r6cyclegal
10-03-2005, 08:59 AM
Welcome!

Look Matt no wavy smilie.

Matt147
10-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Hi guys,

Matt told me about this site so I figured I would check it out. I have a 94 ZJ with the 5.2 engine. It was stolen and recovered before I bought it. I'm in the process of fixing what was damaged or stolen so I can get it titled again. I got most of the work done this past w/e so after I put the new tranny in it should be ready to get inspected. I hope to do some trail runs with you guys as soon as I'm legal :)

OverkillZJ
10-03-2005, 12:21 PM
Welcome Matt, glad to know some of my ZJ parts will be living on, haha.

Heidi - The wavey smiley is the root of all evils. You know this.

r6cyclegal
10-03-2005, 12:55 PM
I like evil :twisted:

Besides I thought females were the root of all evil? :smt084

r6cyclegal
10-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Hey the smilies are messed up!!! This is not the smilie I wanted: :smt084

I wanted the angel to devil girl. What happened to the smilies?????

:huh

JASON
10-03-2005, 10:52 PM
well hey everyone, i am new here too, even though i have already posted a little, i figured i might as well make an introduction. I have been wheeling for about 9 years now, started with a 74 cj 5- then had 2 different 85 toyota fj 60 landcruisers, now i have a 96 cherokee. i live in pittsburgh and work at a rock climbing gym.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/jasson1243/jeeppp.jpg

cjw94xk
10-19-2005, 06:05 PM
glad ot have you around jason. glad to have another xj too! where from in pittsburgh? also, what are the specs on that xj? ~jamie

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b333/cjwalkeriii/jeep-mcm.jpg

JASON
10-19-2005, 07:28 PM
well the specs are limited and as followed.
96 jeep cherokee sport
4.5 inch lift rocky mountain i think, i bought it slightly used from a friend.
cut out fenders
sway bar disconnects that i can't put back on cause one of the lower mounts is bent
15x10 black rockcrawlers with 33x12.50 swampers for the trail
stock rims with 33x9.5 BFG all terrains for the street

cjw94xk
10-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Well it looks goood. I think I am going to do the dakota leaf conversion soon, get me ass up around 4-4.5... Space the front. Is that your dd?

JASON
10-21-2005, 05:04 PM
yeah i guess its my daily driver seeing that its my only car. But i hardly drive it. i ride my bike pretty much everywhere i go in the city. its just as fast and a lot easier on gas. i didn't mean to rhyme. sorry. anyway. i live in polish hill, near the strip district

04unlimited
10-24-2005, 12:38 AM
Plum Boro checking in. :hello2

berk
10-24-2005, 10:32 AM
What's up all? I live in Youngwood but do all my wheeling in the Johnstown area. I've been into CJ's for ever and have owned a samuri and amigo as daily drivers.

I came across this site from someone's signature over on jeepforum.com. Looking forward to hitting some trails over this way with you guys.

I rolled my cj5 4 times about a month ago. I wheeled it for 7 years, the week before I rolled in I tied the full cage into the frame in 4 places. That, without a doubt kept us out of the hospital that night. I can't even count how many times I've been up that hill??? Instead of rebuilding it again I'm going to do a 7 this time, I'll hopefully have something to test with come spring.

Bill
10-24-2005, 11:12 AM
Welcome!!! :D

hubb
10-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Hello,

My name is Chris. I live in Wexford, PA but have only been wheeling out in Johnstown with Berk. I have an 87 Tintop samurai, which is pretty much stock. I've got myself a 1.6 16v out of a 95 sidekick that i'll be swapping in soon.

I'll post a couple of pictures later, but here's 2 vids of the samurai in action.

http://www.305beaverstreet.com/vids/chris1.mpeg
http://www.305beaverstreet.com/vids/chris2.mpeg

-Chris

cjw94xk
10-24-2005, 09:21 PM
welcome everyone. Sorry to hear about that cj-5. I think that's one of the reasons I am limited right now, as the jeep I have is a dd. If I roll her, I am shit outta luck.

hubb, where were you wheeling at in those vids? Is that johnstown area?

Anyhow, nice to meet you guys. With all these new people joing I think it's time for a M&G... I need to introduce myself as well.

hubb
10-25-2005, 03:32 PM
yeah, the first video is on the road up to top of the world, the 2nd is from the powerline.

both are from the johnstown area.

-Chris

lykofos
10-30-2005, 01:02 PM
Hey guys/gals, just stopping over to say hello! I navigated over here from the WPAXC site! I have an 04 Xterra w/ a few modifications. :hello2

http://www.maxc.org/images/members/Lykofos/dside.jpg

http://www.maxc.org/images/members/Lykofos/tires04.jpg

http://www.maxc.org/images/members/Lykofos/01.jpg

http://www.maxc.org/images/members/Lykofos/02.jpg

r6cyclegal
10-31-2005, 02:19 PM
Did the dog come with the x? She's a beautiful dog.
Welcome :hello2

XtraSpecial
11-01-2005, 11:36 AM
No the dog is Jim's. He has a yellow Xterra and is also a member of WPAXC.

gmcz7198
11-05-2005, 07:00 PM
Hi everyone. Im Bob and I live in New Castle, found this site from jeepforum. Right now I wheel a 98 GMC Sierra Ext Cab Z71 and a 84 Chevy K10. Im currently debating buying a YJ or a TJ, or just ripping the 84 apart and building a crazy buggy. :twisted:

Bill
11-06-2005, 09:17 AM

blakdot
11-10-2005, 02:12 PM
Hey everyone, My name is Matt. I'm a regular on Jeepforum and kinda wander my way over here. I live in Downtown Pittsburgh, and i go to school at the Art Institute. I am currently without a vehicle, Last week my '87 Cherokee Laredo was stolen but i am currently looking into getting a YJ. alright... later on

Bill
11-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Welcome

Look... another Matt. How many does that make on here?

r6cyclegal
11-11-2005, 01:49 PM

Bummer about your Jeep. :( Hope it works out for you.

SimonTuffGuy
11-14-2005, 05:36 PM
What's up everyone? New member from over on JeepForums.com and I saw someone with this link in their sig... So I came over to see that it was a bunch of people from PA.

I'm in Millersburg, PA. I don't really know ANYONE with a Jeep, aside from a great friend who is in college in NY. Aside from that, I'm all alone in my neck of the woods, except for a few people in the next town over from me, but I'm not really sure who they are or how they wheel.

I'm new to the 4x4 scene, before the Jeep I've owned (and still currently do) a 93 Festiva, that had a bunch of mods (kit, engine swap, shaved doors, etc) and now it's time to grow up and move onto something bigger and better.

I have a 95 YJ Sahara edition... I6, 5 speed, soft top, hardtop is coming soon with full doors for the freezing cold winter times... I got a set of Crager wheels and 31x10.5 BFG AT KO's installed. Next will be a 2 or 2.5" lift, as soon as I can afford it. I want to do it right, probably go RE, isntead of getting just a BL and shackles... Maybe your suggestions would help too, if you've got one, let me know...

Bill
11-14-2005, 05:37 PM

SimonTuffGuy
11-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Thanks! :)

http://www.pimptiva.com/coppermine/albums/31s/normal_DSCN1177.JPG

Theres a shot of the Jeep, the blue came off those tires directly after the pic and I haven't taken any since... :P

And a shot of my Festiva...
http://www.pimptiva.com/coppermine/albums/jacobus/normal_DSCF0068.JPG

OverkillZJ
11-14-2005, 05:50 PM
Is the Festiva made to be a portable RTI ramp for meet and greets?

SimonTuffGuy
11-15-2005, 01:37 PM
Ummm... No.

I'm looking to sell it now so I can work on the Jeep and get myself out of debt (so I can work on the Jeep), heh...

jeepinjerimiah
11-16-2005, 01:53 AM
Hey guys my names Jerimiah (I'm from Jeep Forum too) just got a 94 XJ like 2 months ago. It happens to be 2WD but I plan on throwing a front diff and TC soon.

I actually joined here looking for local guys to go wheel with and help work on the Jeep, and share knowladge.

razorroller9mm
12-02-2005, 07:15 PM
hey whats up my name is jack and ive been into jeeps and off roading for a while. ive been trying to get a jeep and was finally able to buy a 98 zj of my mom. im hoping to put a 3" lift on it once it get money for it . hope to try to make it to some runs or jamborees.

OverkillZJ
12-02-2005, 07:19 PM
hey whats up my name is jack and ive been into jeeps and off roading for a while. ive been trying to get a jeep and was finally able to buy a 98 zj of my mom. im hoping to put a 3" lift on it once it get money for it . hope to try to make it to some runs or jamborees.

As long as it's not a 3" pro comp lift :D

razorroller9mm
12-02-2005, 07:22 PM
I was lookin at rustys or skyjacker

OverkillZJ
12-02-2005, 07:28 PM

Skip rusty's (crusty's). Skyjacker isn't bad but in the 3" range RE is more bang for the buck

Bill
12-02-2005, 07:44 PM

Skip rusty's (crusty's). Skyjacker isn't bad but in the 3" range RE is more bang for the buck

x2...AGREED!

gonecheenin
12-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Welcome fellow ZJ dude

3.5" RE coils will net 4" on a 4.0L ZJ

you'll love the ride too

MSchneid
12-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Hi, Newbee here, I heard of you from JeepForum.com, I have been a long time member of Generation-edge.info (Ranger website). I got kind of excited when I saw the thread on local 4x4 trails.
I have a 2003 Ranger FX4 Level II.

Can someone help me with my signature and avatar? or at least point me to the link?

Bill
12-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Hi, Newbee here, I heard of you from JeepForum.com, I have been a long time member of Generation-edge.info (Ranger website). I got kind of excited when I saw the thread on local 4x4 trails.
I have a 2003 Ranger FX4 Level II.

Can someone help me with my signature and avatar? or at least point me to the link?

Welcome to the site :hello

You can adjust your sig / avatar by clicking on the profile link in the upper middle section of the screen.

MSchneid
12-27-2005, 01:01 PM
Thanks, got my sig now and submitted my avatar.

VanderbiltJeep87
12-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Hello guys. Justin here. I live in Vanderbilt, PA. Close to Connellsville and Perryopolis if you didn't know. I have 2000 WJ (4.0L 242 Select-Track) that I got at Graft's in Scottdale about a year ago. Its got a couple mods and will get some more once I get a job in March. Detailing cars all summer didn't get me enough cash, but I'm still going to do it this summer in my spare time. I found this site from over at Jeepsunlimited and was shocked that there was a site for off-road guys in the Pittsburgh area. 8)

Thats it for now.

Bill
12-30-2005, 07:03 PM
Welcome... :hello

OverkillZJ
12-30-2005, 07:05 PM
I think I need to delete that smiley. It must die.

Other than that welcome!

r6cyclegal
01-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Don't delete my smilie!!!! Please!!!!
:prayer:

If you do we will post to death another smilie to drive you crazy!!!!

hummog
01-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Hello everyone. My names Hummog and just found out about the site. I'm from Lower Burrell, which is about 18 miles NE of Pittsburgh. I'm a member of a couple of off-roading clubs.......Blacklist Wheelers Association, a club based primarily out of Westmoreland/Indiana County and also the Hummer Club. I wheel an H1, H2 and a unimog.

Wrecker
01-26-2006, 05:42 PM
I told him about site so before someone see's hummer and think something is up he is for real.

r6cyclegal
01-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Welcome :hello2

OverkillZJ
01-27-2006, 12:55 PM
I told him about site so before someone see's hummer and think something is up he is for real.

LOL, he's got a pic of his mog on the rock crawl at 4WDH, unlike the last troll who took some pics of a CA competiton and posted them as his own :lol:

WELCOME!

hummog
01-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Actually the pictures taken in an industrial park that I use as testing ground for my vehicles.

Happycamper
01-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Any more pics from of the Mog?

I'm jealous!!

hummog
01-27-2006, 02:11 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/BlackListWheelers/hummog/mog017.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/BlackListWheelers/hummog/mog012.jpg

Happycamper
01-27-2006, 02:28 PM
BAD A$$!!! 8O

That's quite a cage on there!!!

hotpursuit
02-04-2006, 05:26 AM
hello, was just sent a link to this site by hummog.. i belong to some local clubs... look forward to browsing the site and making a few runs with you....

Rob

avenged7foldhc
02-04-2006, 10:23 AM
yeah i just invited prolly 5 ppl to the forums this week, maybe they aint posted yet, im sure that they wouldnt really think it was cool if thier accts got deleted before they use em :o

didnt realise that that was from the first page and were on page 11 lol thats old so nevermind

avenged7foldhc
02-04-2006, 10:26 AM
so anyways now that im caught up, hummog, is that a converted military SEE truck? i worked on those for a while, PITA!! haha, but if thats what it is, i bet its easier to work on now hah

OverkillZJ
02-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Welcome :D

Cebby
02-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Welcome :D

What he said...

:039:

Bill
02-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Welcome to the forum!

:006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006: :006:

hummog
02-04-2006, 01:26 PM
No converted military vehicle. The unimog is manufactured by Mercedes Benz. Originated sometime in late 40's early 50's I believe. Originally design for agricultural usuage, and over the years, evolved into a multi-tasked vehicle. Designed to perform a variety of tasks in some of the world's most remote and rugged parts of the planet, being utilized as an off-road vehicle has become one of it's many additional uses. Has front/rear PTO's and hydraulics, front and rear lockers, very low gearing and ground clearance out-of-this-world.

hotpursuit
02-04-2006, 04:09 PM
and a fun rig to drive:025:

No converted military vehicle. The unimog is manufactured by Mercedes Benz. Originated sometime in late 40's early 50's I believe. Originally design for agricultural usuage, and over the years, evolved into a multi-tasked vehicle. Designed to perform a variety of tasks in some of the world's most remote and rugged parts of the planet, being utilized as an off-road vehicle has become one of it's many additional uses. Has front/rear PTO's and hydraulics, front and rear lockers, very low gearing and ground clearance out-of-this-world.

justajeep
02-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Hey Newbie here, found a link on another site, looks like a nice place to web wheel...
I have a '99 Tj 5.5" RE LA, D44 fr&rr, 4.88s and locked both ends, cage, and the other usual junk that "I just have to have".
I dont wheel as much as I would like, I drive tour bus and am out with Bon Jovi. Have been since Nov. 1st and wont be home till mid March. I need to wheel.

Bill
02-06-2006, 09:36 AM
Welcome!

TimMichaels
02-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Hey Newbie here, found a link on another site, looks like a nice place to web wheel...
I have a '99 Tj 5.5" RE LA, D44 fr&rr, 4.88s and locked both ends, cage, and the other usual junk that "I just have to have".
I dont wheel as much as I would like, I drive tour bus and am out with Bon Jovi. Have been since Nov. 1st and wont be home till mid March. I need to wheel.

I see your from Knox... I'm going to school up in Clarion so maybe we can get together and wheel some time. I'm not quite in your class (ZJ + 2" on 31's) but it would be nice to see some of the trails around here.

That's pretty sweet that you're driving the Bon Jovi bus!! That's my favorite band... I went to the concert down in Pittsburgh and its one of the best I've ever been to.

justajeep
02-06-2006, 09:24 PM
I get home in mid March, more than ready to wheel.

I missed the show in Pittsburgh, had friends down and hung out with them instead. I heard it was good, seen the show a few times, from just a bout everywhere. Really a cool bunch of guys.

TimMichaels
02-06-2006, 11:09 PM
I'm pretty jealous that you get to see so many of their shows. Although, I've heard the set list has stayed pretty consistent throughout the tour. Do you get to interact with the band? I don't suppose you could get one of their big fans an autograph, eh? :unibrow:

But in any case, just let me know when you're back and maybe we can set something up. Where exactly are you guys hiding the trails up here anyway? :017:

avenged7foldhc
02-07-2006, 12:50 AM

ah i agotcha, yeah the army uses the unimogs, its a mercedes/freightliner combo vehicle called a SEE (Small Eemplacement Excavator) got a bucket on front, and a backhoe in the back, looks like a little dump truck.

http://www.hq.usace.army.mil/history/54thengrs_airstrip_truck.jpg

i think that would be a neet project. with all the onboard hydraulics n stuff you could do some sweet shit, plus the diesel would be sweet... get the hydraulic chainsaw for it :0)neet -o

http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/editpost.php

JB_Pgh
02-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Hello everyone. My names Hummog and just found out about the site. I'm from Lower Burrell, which is about 18 miles NE of Pittsburgh. I'm a member of a couple of off-roading clubs.......Blacklist Wheelers Association, a club based primarily out of Westmoreland/Indiana County and also the Hummer Club. I wheel an H1, H2 and a unimog.

Blacklist is a kickass club. You wheel with Rollover Bob in the Yota?

hummog
02-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Not sure who Bob is but we do have a couple of members with yota's. What's his nickname?

jeeptj98
02-07-2006, 08:39 PM
hey im not really new on here
some people know me on here
but to everyone else hello

JB_Pgh
02-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Not sure who Bob is but we do have a couple of members with yota's. What's his nickname?

His name is Bob Wachs, he has a tubed Yota with no more sheet metal and isn't afraid of the skinny pedal, lol. Good guy.

hotpursuit
02-08-2006, 02:23 AM
His name is Bob Wachs, he has a tubed Yota with no more sheet metal and isn't afraid of the skinny pedal, lol. Good guy.

lol yeahhh good friend, and definately like the throttle it... i got a good video of one of his rollovers....

JASON
02-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Hey, I used to live in Clarion so i know all the trails up there, there are a few fun places to mess around really close to town, behind the hospital, and behind reinhard villages. East Brady, which is only about a 30 minute drive has some decent trails, but they are kinda hard to find, and i don't know the names of the roads, so it might be hard to give directions. There are also some really fun trails in Franklin.

TimMichaels
02-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Hey, I used to live in Clarion so i know all the trails up there, there are a few fun places to mess around really close to town, behind the hospital, and behind reinhard villages. East Brady, which is only about a 30 minute drive has some decent trails, but they are kinda hard to find, and i don't know the names of the roads, so it might be hard to give directions. There are also some really fun trails in Franklin.

Haha I actually live in Reinhard Villages so it didn't take long until I was romping around back there... they're fun trails to mess around on at night (which freaks out most of the residents because I turn on all my offroad lights and they just see a huge blob of light moving around in the woods.) I made a quick check into the trails behind the hospital too but when I tried to go back to explore some more they had a lot of Do Not Enter signs up... it looks like they're actually doing some conctruction or something. I've heard a lot about East Brady but I'm yet to head down there. I also checked into Left Hill which is some abandoned slag dump off of Rt 66 near Leeper, and some of the abandoned railroad beds down along Piney Creek. They're all fun places to play there's not much to any of them so I'm always looking for some new spots... if you know of any please PM some directions!

Headshot16
02-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Hey guys, My name is Rob, I've been looking for a Pittsburgh offroading site for 2 months now, glad I found you guys. I have a red 98 4 cyl. wrangler and live in baldwin whitehall, looking for trails and others to ride with. Let me know when any one by me is going out, I will be more than glad to join...

jeeptj98
02-11-2006, 02:43 PM
yeah well def have to go wheelin we have almost the same jeep lol
i have a 98 SE and i live in peters township

justajeep
02-11-2006, 07:05 PM
I made a quick check into the trails behind the hospital too but when I tried to go back to explore some more they had a lot of Do Not Enter signs up... it looks like they're actually doing some conctruction or something. I've heard a lot about East Brady but I'm yet to head down there. I also checked into Left Hill which is some abandoned slag dump off of Rt 66 near Leeper,

The trails behind the hospital are for the people who have docks at the river. The owners let them cross to get there. but there are some cool ways to get out...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/justajeep/my%20junk/pic002.jpg
we find a couple abanden trucks stuck in the mud pit a year. I have a buddy that has a dock there and its as much fun getting there as it is on the river.
As for that slag dump, be careful, there is a hole back in there that will swallow the big dogs let alone the pups that are still looking to jump off the porch ( just heard rumer, but 44s and ended up getting a farmers tractor stuck, week long process of the whole rescue), but that was also bar talk. Ya know, dude sees a lifted rig and the story about his buddy and "there aint no way you can make it though that..."...
I 'd just suggest not going alone, but thats just one of those "rules" that I got schooled the hard way.
There is a little play ground in Strattanville I can show you in about a month or so.

HighspeedLowdrag
02-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Hello, my name is Scott, I'm from Butler, PA. One ZJ (stock), one XJ (stock), two Polaris ATVs (broken), a CR125, and a KDX250. I get to do most of my 4-wheeling in the company car (Ford Expedition), and my Jeeps (at least the ZJ) have to stay near stock height so that my darling wife can drive into the parking garage at AGH. We are planning on skids, rear selectable locker, and better tires than our BFG T/As (235). We have done most of our off-roading in the vicinity of the ANF. It is suprising how well a stock Jeep performs offroad.

oats
02-12-2006, 11:21 PM
My name is Derek, I have been signed onto the forum for a while but never post much. I am on some other forums as oats, or oats15. I have a 00TJ, 8.8 rear, 30 front locked f&r. A 74 cj5, 350, stock axles and gears, another 74 cj5 all stock but fiberglass and some other junk.
I live in Parker, which is about 30 mins south of Clarion and 30 mins north of Butler. I saw some guys talking about Reinhard Villages, my gf lived there last year, I was up there alot in my yellow TJ.

TheRigLivesOn
02-16-2006, 12:12 AM
I'm new to your site, but not new to four wheeling. I'm currently gathering parts for my '75 CJ5. I've had a FS '79 Chevy and a '95 Pathfinder. Looking forward to running into you guys out in Creek Hills.

Wrecker
02-16-2006, 09:09 AM
It sounds like you have a history of offroading. ( sorry for the bad joke)

Bill
02-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Welcome!

Muzikman
02-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Hey guys, I found my way over here from the Western PA Xterra boards. Just figure I would stop by to give me one more forum to keep up with.

r6cyclegal
02-17-2006, 04:23 PM
:006:

Guyute1210
02-17-2006, 04:26 PM
Hey guys...Found this site through another site. I have a 2005 Jeep KJ Renegade. I'm a member of www.lostkjs.com (http://www.lostkjs.com) and will be getting a lift and some MT's this spring. I'm from Emlenton, about 15 minutes West of Clarion, <20 minutes North of Parker (i saw the guy above was from there).

Bill
02-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Welcome!

YJBeef
02-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Hey!!! Glad ya made it over to here. I still gotta meet up with ya sometime!!!

RalphDogg
02-18-2006, 08:21 PM
i'm ralph, i rarely post because i usually get lost in my garage. i have 4 samurais and a total of 7 suzuki's at my house. if you have any related questions i will be happy to help. hope to see you on the trails.

OverkillZJ
02-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Ralpha, that there's a beast in your avatar, ever run da con?

[/ok too much sarcasm over now)

TimMichaels
02-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Hey guys...Found this site through another site. I have a 2005 Jeep KJ Renegade. I'm a member of www.lostkjs.com (http://www.lostkjs.com) and will be getting a lift and some MT's this spring. I'm from Emlenton, about 15 minutes West of Clarion, <20 minutes North of Parker (i saw the guy above was from there).

Good to see some Liberties joining the crowd and some more NW PA'ers. Welcome to the board! I hear that Captain Crash guy has some really good geocaches up in your area :042:

Guyute1210
02-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Good to see some Liberties joining the crowd and some more NW PA'ers. Welcome to the board! I hear that Captain Crash guy has some really good geocaches up in your area :042:

Now that's funny...we need to get together and go wheelin'. Went saturday and sunday about 15 minutes from Clarion to a place I found while going to school there.

JB_Pgh
02-22-2006, 10:20 AM
lol yeahhh good friend, and definately like the throttle it... i got a good video of one of his rollovers....

I saw that vid - well done! By the way, Bob was just telling me about your rigs and tow rig - you are my new hero.

RalphDogg
02-22-2006, 11:22 PM
matt, it's a 1997 Suzuki X90. i think it's one of the craziest cars ever made, and my mom loves to drive it. i do drive it once in a a while people look at me like i should be taking it from behind.... it's just a geo tracker with a different body. i want ot build one up some day. so keep your eyes open for a wrecked or real shotty one for sale.

Cebby
02-23-2006, 10:25 AM
... i do drive it once in a a while people look at me like i should be taking it from behind....

Now THAT'S funny!

OverkillZJ
02-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Lmao

LIFTED05
02-25-2006, 01:08 PM
Hi new to the group! Name is Matt live around Kutztown Pa. Sold my zj w/ 4.5" lift and 32"s and now I am driving a WK! Is thier any WK haters on here! Member of BMJA.

Bill
02-25-2006, 01:37 PM
I don't think you are going to find many if any WK haters here. One of the guys admins actually has a WK in the family...

Nice ride... Welcome to the forum.

TimMichaels
02-25-2006, 02:11 PM
Hi new to the group! Name is Matt live around Kutztown Pa. Sold my zj w/ 4.5" lift and 32"s and now I am driving a WK! Is thier any WK haters on here! Member of BMJA.

Welcome aboard. I actually like the WK's, so I hope to see ya out on the trail at some point.:045:

PQ4x4
02-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Here it goes....... Wanna say Hey and introduce myself, sum of yuns already no me

I live in Norvelt over by the Westmoreland Fairgrounds (not to far from the Crick) I have a jacked up SAS B2 trail rig named Blue Lightnin. I wheel some local, The Crick, Wellsville and also travel to the Badlands, Tellico, Windrock and Kentucky on occasion with the RRORC, also have bin known to go play with the BLWA up in Jtown area.

... so lets wheel!

Bill
02-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the forum...

Pghsteel
02-27-2006, 01:29 AM
Hey i'm sortof a newbie here. I joined apparently last year sometime but completely forgot about this website and my membership. So i figured since someone told me about this site, i'd check it out and realized I already am a member. Anyway my name is Dave and a fellow jeeper told me about this site from www.rubiconownersforum.com (http://www.rubiconownersforum.com) I have a red 2004 rubicon which is bone stock at the moment since i have no job and no money but I love to jeep. I'm from the murrysville area. this is my 3rd jeep since 1999.

TAW
03-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Hey, new guy here. I've been interested in offroading for some time but haven't found any place to go or anyone to go with, so I'm pretty excited about learning more. I live in New Ken and have a Jeep Liberty that has a few modifications, and she needs to get muddy. Let me know where and when.

Bill
03-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Hey, new guy here. I've been interested in offroading for some time but haven't found any place to go or anyone to go with, so I'm pretty excited about learning more. I live in New Ken and have a Jeep Liberty that has a few modifications, and she needs to get muddy. Let me know where and when.

Welcome, you may want to check out the "Spring Training" event being planned in the Rides section...

hummog
03-01-2006, 05:57 PM
[quote=TAW] I live in New Ken and have a Jeep Liberty that has a few modifications, and she needs to get muddy. ./quote]

Hey TAW, where exactly in New Ken you from? I'm in Lower Burrell.

Cebby
03-01-2006, 06:37 PM

Is your Liberty like a sage green or tan, lifted, with red springs and clear corners? If it is, you were behind me in Harmar getting off 28. Did you find the site from my PghOffRoad sticker on my 2000 Grand? :D

TAW
03-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Is your Liberty like a sage green or tan, lifted, with red springs and clear corners? If it is, you were behind me in Harmar getting off 28. Did you find the site from my PghOffRoad sticker on my 2000 Grand? :D
That is exactly where I found out about this site! Thanks!

TAW
03-02-2006, 12:09 AM
[quote=TAW] I live in New Ken and have a Jeep Liberty that has a few modifications, and she needs to get muddy. ./quote]

Hey TAW, where exactly in New Ken you from? I'm in Lower Burrell.
I'm in Mount Vernon.

TAW
03-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Welcome, you may want to check out the "Spring Training" event being planned in the Rides section...
Will do! Thanks!

Cebby
03-02-2006, 12:57 AM
I'm in Mount Vernon.

Where in Mt. Vernon? I grew up at 523 Spring St. from kindergarden at Mt. Vernon Elementary (big building on Pershing that is no longer a school) to Valley High. There's probably still a bunch of folks up there I know.

hummog
03-02-2006, 08:19 AM
I'm up off of 780 by Jerry's custard. We'll have to meet up sometime.

Cebby
03-02-2006, 10:52 AM
I'm up off of 780 by Jerry's custard. We'll have to meet up sometime.

That place is still there? :D

In High School, I got busted in the parking lot making out with my GF at the time. That was over 20 years ago. :paranoid:

TAW
03-02-2006, 11:31 AM
350 Keystone, been here for about 6 years now. Sounds good. Let me know when.

andrew2516
03-02-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm also new here...I'm from Mount Vernon in New Ken also. I drive a 93 red XJ with 34's and some lights and stuff. I see there are alot of people from the area on here! I live on westview drive.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c43/andrew2516/Hugecherokee.jpg

Cebby
03-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Do you live near Mike and Judy Lucidi? They are around the end of Pershing where it hits Westview...

Wrecker
03-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Looks like nevt M&G will have to be up 28.:D

andrew2516
03-02-2006, 07:30 PM
Do you live near Mike and Judy Lucidi? They are around the end of Pershing where it hits Westview...

Other end of westview...near vernon street.

anyone ever wheel right off of the natrona heights exit from 28?

We should all make a wheeling run in the spring one weekend

Cebby
03-02-2006, 07:40 PM
Other end of westview...near vernon street.

I used to deliver papers over there. My route was Summit, Spring and Vernon between 7th and Pleasant, Westview to Riverview and down 7th St. to the bar and the school district municipal building (it's something else now).

One summer I had three routes that took me to the other side of 7th and up to the streets above Greenridge (can't remember what they were called). I do remember hauling ass down Farm Hill (dirt road near the end of Greenridge) when I was done up there.

andrew2516
03-02-2006, 09:10 PM
I do remember hauling ass down Farm Hill (dirt road near the end of Greenridge) when I was done up there.

Yeah me and my buddies used to walk up there and shoot paint balls sometimes

TAW
03-03-2006, 01:44 AM
I'm also new here...I'm from Mount Vernon in New Ken also. I drive a 93 red XJ with 34's and some lights and stuff. I see there are alot of people from the area on here! I live on westview drive.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c43/andrew2516/Hugecherokee.jpg
I've seen your Jeep over there. When I walk my dogs, sometimes I go that way just to admire it..... nice.

andrew2516
03-03-2006, 02:05 AM
Thanks...I've probably seen you walking by before...it seems like everyone in mount vernon walks their dogs(including me). In your earlier post you said you have a kj...what kinda mods do you have done to it?

I can't believe how many guys are from the local area and come on here...I looked around jeep forum for a while before and rarely found guys from pittsburgh.

sleezyrider
03-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Newbie intro here....Just wanted to jump in and say "yo,what's up?"I'm new to the off road scene,found this club and thought it is the place to learn what it's all about.Bought my 05 Rubi last year (mid life crisis) and I'm itching to see what it will do,from the south hills and looking for some tips.Hoping this is a "newbie" friendly way of getting my feet wet.See you around.

Wrecker
03-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Welcome aboard. See spring training tread. Good place to learn. :p

TAW
03-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Thanks...I've probably seen you walking by before...it seems like everyone in mount vernon walks their dogs(including me). In your earlier post you said you have a kj...what kinda mods do you have done to it?

I can't believe how many guys are from the local area and come on here...I looked around jeep forum for a while before and rarely found guys from pittsburgh.
I have a 2.5" Skyjacker suspension lift, 31" MTRs, and wheels from a Rubicon, along with stereo upgrades of course. Is there anywhere local to go offroading. I would like to just have some fun and get it muddy.

andrew2516
03-07-2006, 01:16 PM
I have a 2.5" Skyjacker suspension lift, 31" MTRs, and wheels from a Rubicon, along with stereo upgrades of course. Is there anywhere local to go offroading. I would like to just have some fun and get it muddy.

Theres no big places to go...but if you pm me I will let you know about a few places...or if you want to go next week(13-26) I'll be around.

I seen you coming up the hill by KFC...nice jeep.

OverkillZJ
03-07-2006, 01:55 PM
from the south hills and looking for some tips.Hoping this is a "newbie" friendly way of getting my feet wet.See you around.

Where in the south hills?

sheriandwill
03-07-2006, 08:10 PM
I am a new member! THis is my first post. I am a ongoing member of Dodge Truck World, and We are having a g2g May 13th with wheeling afterwards in Erie at the Quaker Steak and Lube! Would Reaal like to some of the people from here to join us. We have a bunch of people driving up from the Pittsburgh area. Hope to see you there!!http://www.dodgetruckworld.com/pachapter

Speedjunkie
03-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Hi new here from pittsburgh. I have a 98 chevy with 10" of lift and 38s. Hope I can get some more wheeling in with some local people. here is a pic that I have.
http://offroadworld.tenmagazines.com/gallery/speedjunkie/114714-thmb.jpg

YJBeef
03-09-2006, 10:32 PM
nice truck!!

PQ4x4
03-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Hey Hey Speed Junkie! Long time no see eh.......see your still wheelin the full sizer... got bigger since I seen it though... good deal!

joshs1ofakindxj
03-10-2006, 06:33 PM
hay, im josh. im on 4wd.com's forum and pa-wheeling.com. i listed my stuff in my profile. im from down around new florence and ligonier and i wheel around johnstown. i go quad riding at murph over by galitzen and on the hatfield-mccoy trails in WV. o ya, and i hate driving in pittsburgh. i get lost.

OverkillZJ
03-11-2006, 12:47 AM
I've lived in / around Pittsburgh my whole life.

I still get lost.

Alley
03-12-2006, 09:00 AM
Hello everyone! My name is Danielle and I'm an offroadaholic! I have two rigs (Though, neither one is currently road nor trail worthy at the moment.) One is a 83' GMC Jimmy Full size, it has a 6" in suspension lift and 35" BF Goodrich Allterrain KO's. This will be my road and trail rig once I get all the body work done and painted. Mechnically its in good shape with a 6.2 L diesel under the hood.

My second rig will be for off-road purposes when I get the time and money to finish it. It being a 91' Chevy S10 Blazer. Which as it sits right now is completely stock, and unable to pass PA inspection. It has the typical 4.3 V6 with a turbo 400 tranny and NP241 transfer case.

I now belong to several off-road forums. My first was WPaXC thanks to a friend with and Xterra. I also have been out on a run with the Black List Wheelers Association. :006:

Bill
03-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Welcome Danielle, nice to see you made it over here.

penguin
03-12-2006, 12:13 PM
hey everyone ... Penguin here ... I found this site in a post by one
of my chapter members on DTW ...

looks like this is a pretty good place so far ...

Bill
03-12-2006, 01:55 PM
hey everyone ... Penguin here ... I found this site in a post by one
of my chapter members on DTW ...

looks like this is a pretty good place so far ...

Welcome...

I read your other post as well about the drunk driver hitting your truck. Glad to hear you are okay. (Sorry to hear about the truck!)

Speedjunkie
03-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Hey PQ how is it going. Yes it is a little bigger but hopfully larger when I get some more money and mabye a SFA in the future.

rangerman538
03-16-2006, 12:41 AM
hey its good to finally be able to post im Dan or as most people call me Gunz i own a 97 ranger and so far all ive got is 31 ATs but im working right now while attending WyoTech trying to get a 4" Rough Country lift and the bigger tires and such will come later (when i have money....so much later) i can only go wheelin on weekends because of my classes but if someone wants to go somewhere i havent already been with me just let me know

TimMichaels
03-16-2006, 01:49 PM
hey its good to finally be able to post im Dan or as most people call me Gunz i own a 97 ranger and so far all ive got is 31 ATs but im working right now while attending WyoTech trying to get a 4" Rough Country lift and the bigger tires and such will come later (when i have money....so much later) i can only go wheelin on weekends because of my classes but if someone wants to go somewhere i havent already been with me just let me know

No one wants to go wheeling with you, get over it. :s-minigun:

rangerman538
03-16-2006, 08:45 PM
hey tim this ones for you buddy
http://img446.imageshack.us/img446/5001/farguing2av.jpg

PQ4x4
03-16-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm missin somethin or ya took that wrong!!

TimMichaels
03-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Unfortunately I know this guy :070:

rangerman538
03-16-2006, 10:41 PM
i guess i took it wrong if it was meant to be somthin different but you havent been replying to any of my messages so i dont know what to think and what do you mean unfortunately i mean i know we arent friends just neighbors but i thought i was your best sidekick

Bill
03-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Welcome to the forum.

rangerman538
03-16-2006, 10:48 PM
thank you

jackb1
03-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Hi, new member here, just stumbled in and don't even know how I found the site. Glad to see a local group, and it looks like this board get some decent activity from the # of posts. I'm from Shaler and have not wheeling in over 2 years but getting ready to jump in again. Been slowly building my Samurai since I burned up the clutch 2 years ago and I'm about 'done' for a while and looking to use it. Vehicles are 87 samurai -strickly a rig and not close to street legal, 74 CJ5, 05 Xterra, 77F250 and an 8x8 Argo Avenger. Ok, the avenger might not count, but it is badass!

I'm still a month or so, depending on work time, from getting the Zook finished but I woulnd't mind trying to make it to a meet-n-greet or an easy trail run. (read that as, the Xterra is my wife's and I can't F it up)

avenged7foldhc
03-22-2006, 03:20 PM
Welcome to the board. there should be a meet and greet comming up soon.

zooks are great, my brother has one, its great, if you roll it, you can just flip it back over and keep goin theyre so light haha

r6cyclegal
03-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Trackers are that way too...

Also your boyfriend's friends can pick it up and move it while you sit in it. :nod:

jackb1
03-22-2006, 03:53 PM
...theyre so light haha

Most are, but the 'lightness' of mine was replaced with a whole lot of heavy. V6, SM420, 60s. I've now got a large boat anchor disquised as a zook. I can't wait to get it rolling again... got no idea what to expect.

BAD_GNR
03-22-2006, 04:17 PM
Shaler huh? Glad to see there's now another member on the board from the North Hills, that makes what, two of us now? Well, for what it's worth, welcome to the board. There is a M&G coming up in like two weeks or so, might want to look into it.

jackb1
03-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Lived in NH all my life, even a NH grad. You recently moved in or a life-er?

BAD_GNR
03-22-2006, 05:01 PM
lifer - moved away and came back.

Bill
03-22-2006, 05:09 PM
Welcome to the forum... There are a few Zuki owners hiding out around here. A couple of them are quite impressive. Do a search for Ralphdogg's rig, it is in the picture here...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/o|||||||o/e950ca8f.jpg

He also did some work on another forum members zuki...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/ralphdogg/P9170009.jpg

Alley
03-30-2006, 11:53 AM
Hey I work in the North Hills! and live North of the North Hills!! I count too!! :smirk:

BAD_GNR
03-30-2006, 12:19 PM
Very cool, sorry, didn't notice that. I'm an asshead if it makes you feel any better.

Alley
03-30-2006, 01:00 PM
Very cool, sorry, didn't notice that. I'm an asshead if it makes you feel any better.

No, actually it just sort of scares me......

BonHolla
04-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Hey everyone! I'm new to the board. Found it through a post at pa-wheeling.com

So a little about me, I'm living out in the Bridgeville area. I'd like to get out wheeling more often but I only know of 1 place I can go off-roading and, well, it's starting to get old. :D I Would love to go out on some trail rides, etc.

Here's the specs on my rig:

96 XJ
4" Lift
31" Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers
Sway Bar is removed (JKS QD's will go on once I get some wrench time)
and a few Engine Tweaks

Here's a list of stuff just sitting at the house waiting for warmer weather and some free time:

JKS QD's
JKS SBS System
Warn XJ Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch

Things I'm looking to do in the future:

Regear w/ lockers (4.56's with ARB's front and rear)
Cut out fenders
Rear bumper w/ tire carrier
Larger tires
More Engine Tweaks :D

Oh, and here's a pic of my Jeep:
http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20060314/19/4/5/9/459e5bed25e00cdc7cc1bf4862e00c83200603140_full.jpg

avenged7foldhc
04-04-2006, 11:36 PM
welcome to the board.... yeah you dont wanna go there anymore.. last person i know went up there the cops pulled em out of his jeep at gunpoint... i guess there was a report going on and his vehicle matched a description, but yeah really not supposed to be up there. check out the meet n greet comming up! :icon_jook:

BonHolla
04-04-2006, 11:54 PM
welcome to the board.... yeah you dont wanna go there anymore.. last person i know went up there the cops pulled em out of his jeep at gunpoint... i guess there was a report going on and his vehicle matched a description, but yeah really not supposed to be up there. check out the meet n greet comming up! :icon_jook:

You know where that pic's from? or are you replying to another thread? And yep, I'll be at the meet and greet. :D

avenged7foldhc
04-05-2006, 01:45 AM
looks rather familliar. would it be arround collier somewhere?

BonHolla
04-05-2006, 02:31 AM
looks rather familliar. would it be arround collier somewhere?
Just outside of McDonald on Rt 980. If you're familiar with the area it's right down the road (towards McDonald) from where North Branch Rd connects to 980. They've posted some of the area there, but there's still enough to provide some entertainment.

EDIT: Here's some more shots of it incase you've been there.
http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20060314/19/5/f/c/5fc3495b7ca3dad53ef2190bb93ea00d200603140_full.jpg

http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20060312/19/a/c/1/ac13507c00290067d667c5dc9f54520d200603120_full.jpg
^^^ This section's been posted lately, so I don't go further than the bottom pits ^^^

avenged7foldhc
04-05-2006, 01:00 PM
ooh ic, it just looks a lot like another place.. cool tho

Jeramecj
04-05-2006, 07:39 PM
I just thought i would say hello and post a couple pic of my cj

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/redlined50/_3190238.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/redlined50/_3190233.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/redlined50/DSC02870.jpg

Jeramecj
04-05-2006, 07:42 PM
and here are some pics of her trying to flex

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/redlined50/flex2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/redlined50/flex3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/redlined50/_3250312.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/redlined50/_3250384.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/redlined50/_3250317.jpg

Bill
04-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Nice CJ... Very sharp!

Jeramecj
04-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Nice CJ... Very sharp!

that was quick, thanks

Bill
04-05-2006, 08:08 PM
that was quick, thanks

Yeah, I am sort of a post whore at times... :107:

fordfourby
04-05-2006, 08:11 PM
nah you're just averging what 3.5 posts a day? :p

Bill
04-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Thats not too many...

yellowtj
04-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. My name is Jared and I am from Hookstown, which is near the starlake ampitheatre. I have a yellow 2000 tj with a 2" BB lift and 31" mud terrains and a lot of other goodies. I plan on attending the meet n' greet on the 11th and hopefully meet some new people to wheel with.
-Jared

BonHolla
04-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. My name is Jared and I am from Hookstown, which is near the starlake ampitheatre. I have a yellow 2000 tj with a 2" BB lift and 31" mud terrains and a lot of other goodies. I plan on attending the meet n' greet on the 11th and hopefully meet some new people to wheel with.
-Jared

You drive through McKees rocks in the mornings? I swear I've seen a Jeep similar to the one you're describing around the area. Anyways, nice to meet ya.

Bill
04-06-2006, 12:07 AM
Welcome!

Alley
04-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Hello Jared!! Welcome!! :icon_pidu:

yellowtj
04-06-2006, 04:02 PM
You drive through McKees rocks in the mornings? I swear I've seen a Jeep similar to the one you're describing around the area. Anyways, nice to meet ya.

No, I dont really go through McKees rocks. The closest I really come to that area is coraopolis in the afternoons.

05-KJ-Renny
04-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Pat and I live in Munhall. As you may be able to tell I have a 2005 (KJ) Liberty Renegade. It's stock for now, but I plan on adding a small lift and some better tires in the near future. I owned a '94 XJ Sport prior to my KJ, but got rid of it in Feb, 05 with 174,000 miles. It was still running strong and was the most problem free vehicle I ever owned, but I had to let it go. Figured I stick with a Jeep, so I got a KJ. 0% financing for 60 months and $2000 cash back at the time helped in my decision as well.

I wanted to thank Bill for pointing this site out to me. I met up with him on the L.O.S.T. KJ Forums @ http://www.lostkjs.com/. If anyone here as a KJ, or anytihing else for that matter, and is looking for a good Forum, check out the L.O.S.T. board. There's many good people there and all vehicles are welcome from what I have seen.

TimMichaels
04-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Pat and I live in Munhall. As you may be able to tell I have a 2005 (KJ) Liberty Renegade. It's stock for now, but I plan on adding a small lift and some better tires in the near future. I owned a '94 XJ Sport prior to my KJ, but got rid of it in Feb, 05 with 174,000 miles. It was still running strong and was the most problem free vehicle I ever owned, but I had to let it go. Figured I stick with a Jeep, so I got a KJ. 0% financing for 60 months and $2000 cash back at the time helped in my decision as well.

I wanted to thank Bill for pointing this site out to me. I met up with him on the L.O.S.T. KJ Forums @ http://www.lostkjs.com/. If anyone here as a KJ, or anytihing else for that matter, and is looking for a good Forum, check out the L.O.S.T. board. There's many good people there and all vehicles are welcome from what I have seen.

Welcome aboard. Looks like the KJs have been growing in numbers around here lately. Which is good! I like to see some variety and it's always good to see the Libby's getting on the trail. I'm registered over on LOST myself as Captain Crash, though I have a ZJ. Hope to see you out there some time!

Bill
04-11-2006, 07:29 AM
Good to see you made it over here...

Guyute1210
04-11-2006, 10:16 AM
Yea! another KJ around these parts!

05-KJ-Renny
04-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Yea! another KJ around these parts!

I first saw your rig over on the LOST board. Very nice. You have to love the 05 Renegades.

I'm registered over there as PBrug by the way. I'm not overly active on the forum, I mostly like to read, learn and enjoy the pics you all post.

Guyute1210
04-13-2006, 09:49 AM
I first saw your rig over on the LOST board. Very nice. You have to love the 05 Renegades.

I'm registered over there as PBrug by the way. I'm not overly active on the forum, I mostly like to read, learn and enjoy the pics you all post.

Don't be shy, make some posts over there and here...pics too!

fordfourby
04-13-2006, 01:22 PM
you jeepers are silly yj kj zj... well silly or just lazy

BonHolla
04-13-2006, 10:10 PM
you jeepers are silly yj kj zj... well silly or just lazy

Nah, we're just streamlined. :023:

gratefulDEADZJ
04-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Hey new guy here. I wanna get on the trails bad. My name is Dave I am from around Indianaola Area, near Hamarville. I have a 95 ZJ w/ a 3.5" RE suspension, Traimaster shocks, 31" Mudking tires. I really want to get on the trails and learn some new stuff and get muddy. If you guys are going anywhere this summer i'm tring to tag along.

BIGDAMNXJ
04-22-2006, 03:22 PM
Whats up I live in Lock Haven PA, I own a 95 XJ sport with

4.5"s on 31" bf ats.
2002 cherokee seats front and rear
big daddy tierod.

cjw94xk
04-22-2006, 08:45 PM
grateful and bigdamnxj, glad to have you onboard... welcome

jeepxj3
04-27-2006, 04:20 PM
All right, all right, I guess its time to finally post up here.

I have a 96 XJ Country, not much to say about it, other than its MY money pit. I also have a 80 CJ7 with 304 im restoring.

Heres a pic of my XJ.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/JeepXJ3/New%20Jeep%20Stuff/IMG_1600.jpg

Shes a bit tiny right now but I have all my parts for the 4.5in RE lift going on real soon.

Im new to this board, but fairly well established over on the JU board. Handle: XJay96

Bill
04-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Welcome to the forum!

scrambled
05-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Hi Guys, just joined today. My buddy Steve told me about the site, no sure what his user name is, also not sure if it is good or bad to call him my buddy. I have had 4x4 trucks all my life... 78 Bronco, 91 Nissan, 93 Toyota, 78 Blazer, 84 Blazer, 89 F-150, 02 F-150, {still have this one}, Also I am redoing a 1982 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler. I live in Hankey Farms, between Oakdale and Imperial.

Wrecker
05-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Welcome aboard. You should of seen the Nissan. It was a fun truck.:098:

Bill
05-10-2006, 09:25 PM
Welcome to the forum!

jeeperdirt
05-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Hi Folks,

NJ Jeeper / Matt introduced me to PGH Off Road after I flagged him down in a parking lot last week.

I just moved here from Philly (but born & raised Michigan) and am looking for fellow off-roaders. After owning five 4WD vehicles over the last 12 years (4 Jeeps), I'd like to get serious about going off-road with a Jeep.

Driving a Silverado now, I'm looking for a Wrangler to customize and keep for a long while.

Lastly, just sold my KTM in favor of a quad (DVX-400 / LT-Z400), and am a
dual-sport & steet motorcyclist & avid snowmobiler and stink boater.

No off-road truck pics I'm afraid, but here's a couple others within the same spirit!

Done with my lurking - y'all have a nice off-road community going here!

Cheers!

Bill

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/jeeperdirt/linkto/offroad/ba5959c8.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/jeeperdirt/linkto/offroad/71b7ef74.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/jeeperdirt/linkto/offroad/b22b17ec.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/jeeperdirt/linkto/offroad/400d909d.jpg

Bill
05-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Welcome to the forum!

BonHolla
05-14-2006, 10:47 PM
Welcome aboard!

avenged7foldhc
05-15-2006, 12:01 AM
Ahoy!

jeeperdirt
05-15-2006, 06:48 PM
Hey Thanks... A pleasure to be here!

andrew2516
05-15-2006, 10:46 PM
All right, all right, I guess its time to finally post up here.

I have a 96 XJ Country, not much to say about it, other than its MY money pit. I also have a 80 CJ7 with 304 im restoring.

Heres a pic of my XJ.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/JeepXJ3/New%20Jeep%20Stuff/IMG_1600.jpg

Shes a bit tiny right now but I have all my parts for the 4.5in RE lift going on real soon.

Im new to this board, but fairly well established over on the JU board. Handle: XJay96

Nice jeep...I've been through cheswick a bunch of times and never seen your jeep!

Welcome...nice to see another XJ added

wozz
05-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Hey I'm new here but you may have seen me on some of the other forums. I went wheein with some of you on Saterday and had a great time. I wheel in the Johnstown area. I wheel a 1998 Tj with 31" trxus mud tires, and a mile marker winch. More mods to come soon.

Bill
05-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Hey I'm new here but you may have seen me on some of the other forums. I went wheein with some of you on Saterday and had a great time. I wheel in the Johnstown area. I wheel a 1998 Tj with 31" trxus mud tires, and a mile marker winch. More mods to come soon.

Hey man, glad to see you made it to the forum. I had a great time wheelin with you guys this past weekend. Keep an eye on the Rides section of the forum, we will be heading back out that way in the near future.

Bill

Alley
05-17-2006, 08:56 AM

Hi there Wozz~!~ Welcome to the club! Had a good time wheeling with you guys hope to see you all on the trail again! Hope you had a chance to look at all the pics! :006:

Speedjunkie
05-26-2006, 03:35 AM
Welcome from one of the non jeep owners.