PDA

View Full Version : yj with 350

Megamus
09-01-2007, 01:39 AM
Is anyone running a Chevy 350 in their YJ? I was wondering waht would be involved with getting one in there. What tranny and tcase are you running with it. And what kinda milage are you getting?

Just trying to see if it will be worth my time.

DodgeMudder
09-01-2007, 08:51 AM
I would go w/ a 4.3 if I was doing it, I think it would be a better swap, not as heavy, good gas mileage, and good power.

Megamus
09-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Im not a fan of V6s though.... I want a v-8

Krod
09-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Do you want TBI or Carb?
Auto or standard trans?
Twin stick case or single?

Most go 350-700R4-NP231J

MF Steve!
09-01-2007, 02:39 PM
I don't think I'd run a carb off-road. JD's (quicksilverubicon) dad has a YJ with an LT-1 and an auto trans. in it. I believe he bought it that way, but it may be worth getting ahold of him.

Megamus
09-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Do you want TBI or Carb?
Auto or standard trans?
Twin stick case or single?

Most go 350-700R4-NP231J

I dont know exactly waht i want. I was just kinda feeling around to see what options i have. I wouldnt mind fuel injection, but i would need a buch of extra shit for that. Id like a standard. As far as the trans goes, im not really sure about twin stick or single. Im not picky.

YZEATER
09-01-2007, 04:09 PM
I don't think I'd run a carb off-road. JD's (quicksilverubicon) dad has a YJ with an LT-1 and an auto trans. in it. I believe he bought it that way, but it may be worth getting ahold of him.

i guess you have never tried a holley truck avenger carb? mine works great all around, nearly vertical hills, sidehills, bouncing. i just need to lean mine out a bit. but it rarely ever, if at all coughs or sputters like my buddies quadrajunk.

MF Steve!
09-01-2007, 04:38 PM
i guess you have never tried a holley truck avenger carb? mine works great all around, nearly vertical hills, sidehills, bouncing. i just need to lean mine out a bit. but it rarely ever, if at all coughs or sputters like my buddies quadrajunk.

It was my opinion. I know all about the Avenger carbs.

gonecheenin
09-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Truck avengers are impressive, but carbs offroad still suck IMHO

V-8's in Jeeps are for street fun too though (V-8's break shit in the woods), if your gonna V-8 it you'll probably be mostly on the street so Carb's aren't all that bad if you can get around the emissions issues

Megamus
09-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Carb's aren't all that bad if you can get around the emissions issues

Ohh shit...i never thought about that either!! Damn this could be a nightmare

Sycotik Skier
09-02-2007, 06:20 PM
i have a chevy 305 with a 4 barrel quadra junk. Just got back from Coal Hollow park in wellsville and the only time this weekend I had problems with it sputtering was on an almost vertical wall. I haven't broken anything off road with it yet but i can see it happening. Its too easy to just bury the skinny pedal when frustrated.