PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Jet performance Chip

Sarge33
04-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Looking for a Jet Performance Chip for my 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0. Would prefer Stage 2. Thanks
gusreamer@msn.com :P

OverkillZJ
04-20-2005, 12:13 PM
Anything grand (especially the performance stuff) email kolak@aol.com He's a vendor, but also a big time ZJ guy with great advice. Extremely helpful would be an understatment.

I've not heard good things about the jet chips with ZJ's but have no first hand experience, most people seem to say go with the Mopar performance ECU or leave it alone.

Sarge33
04-20-2005, 12:39 PM
I made the mistake of buying from the guy once and will not buy from him again! He sold me a exhaust for my 96 Grand and it sounds like a ricer! After I told him about it he said ti buy yet another muffler from him. He is a real idiot. He also told me that Accel didn't make a tune up kit for my application! WRONG! They do. I would not buy from him again. He got me once!

OverkillZJ
04-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Interesting, that's the first bad experience I've heard of anyone having with Nick, well, ever.

jdetar
04-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Honestly I think you may have given Nick bad information to begin with. He helped me tremendously with my 5.9 buildup and had oodles of information. As for exhausts, he knew exactly every piece to go with from the headers to the tips to get the best sound, performance, and fit. He saved me a ton of time. And, he sold me an accell coil and ignition upgrade years ago. Although I ended up redoing it with Magnecor parts (and a mix of some others I think) because Accell sucks. I went through 3 Accell coils in a year.

jdetar
04-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Also on topic of your original post I haven't heard to many good things about the jet chip. I went with the mopar performance ecu and it proved itself enough, although I had a 5.9 and it's stock computer was already pretty tweaked.

OverkillZJ
04-20-2005, 04:26 PM
And, he sold me an accell coil and ignition upgrade years ago. Although I ended up redoing it with Magnecor parts (and a mix of some others I think) because Accell sucks. I went through 3 Accell coils in a year.

I forgot about that, he stopped sellinc Accell after that with his ignition kits. I'm still on my origionaly Accell from 4 years ago on that old JU buy, but I cary a spare cause I konw when they fail, they fail.

Anyway, on topic, ya, check out the mopar performance ECU :)

Sarge33
04-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Didn't know Mopar made a Performance ECU for the 4.0? I have a Mopar Performance ECU in my 5.9!

OverkillZJ
04-20-2005, 08:33 PM
Didn't know Mopar made a Performance ECU for the 4.0? I have a Mopar Performance ECU in my 5.9!

Right rigiht.... 4.0.... I keep forgetting ZJ's come without the V8 ;)

I don't know, but even if there is a performance ECU, it's still gonna be a 4.0

Just givin' ya a hard time :lol: