PDA

View Full Version : I need help this weekend... anyone??

LBF
09-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Ok, so I know I asked awhile back about this, but...

I finally got my Ranger home. Parents are ready to kill me cuz it's sitting in their driveway cuz I didn't have anywhere else to take it that I would also have access to power an all, so what has to happen is it has to be stripped down ASAP.

The truck is in Butler, I can offer a place to crash, food and beverage, plus the possibility of a small bonfire in the evening. I intend on being there friday after work till sunday evening and I'm hoping that with some help it'll be all stripped down.

What I need:
Preferably one to three people to help.
Small trailer, preferably flatbed to move a truck cab.
Possibly an extra set of torches (I can throw a few bucks towards consumables) because I'm not sure that I have enough gas left in my tanks to do it all.

Any questions, feel free to ask, thanks.

Muzikman
09-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Sorry man, the weekend is booked already.

gilly95
09-25-2007, 09:04 AM
what you doing with the ranger?? im working 7a to 7p fri sat sun but after 7 if you need a hand give me a ring. got a trailer and a pickup.

OverkillZJ
09-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Sorry man, I'd help, but I'm helping a friend wrench on Thursday, and friday-sunday I need to keep working on my truck to get it safely back on the road.

LBF
09-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Sorry man, the weekend is booked already.

That's how most of mine have been lately, either booked way in advance or it's something that I can't beg out of.

what you doing with the ranger?? im working 7a to 7p fri sat sun but after 7 if you need a hand give me a ring. got a trailer and a pickup.

My plan is to remove the bed, then the cab, place the cab on a trailer and run it over to a family friend's place near Cadogan, then tear the motor, trans, t-case, axles and a few other things off the frame before cutting the bed and frame up for scrap.

Sorry man, I'd help, but I'm helping a friend wrench on Thursday, and friday-sunday I need to keep working on my truck to get it safely back on the road.

If it wasn't that I need to get this thing tore apart in a hurry, I'd offer to help you with yours...

village_idiot
09-25-2007, 06:13 PM
if the thing runs, ill buy it off ya, other wise, im also booked, my dad is givin driv...i mean wheelin lesons in the TJ

LBF
09-25-2007, 06:19 PM
if the thing runs, ill buy it off ya, other wise, im also booked, my dad is givin driv...i mean wheelin lesons in the TJ
It does run...kinda...

Fuel tank has a hole in it that's been letting water in because the bed is rusted to the point that the sides flap and the floor has holes all through it. Rear bumper is rotted half off, frame is rotted through and one leaf spring is resting up against the bottom of the bed. One front fender is junk and the interior has seen better days.

I may have a deal working on lot of four Rangers, I think they can be combined to make two or three serviceable ones....I may be able to be persuaded to purchase the lot of 'em an put one together for you...

LBF
09-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Had a chance so I worked the bed loose today, only thing still holding it up is that I need to unbolt the fuel filler neck. Didnt really have a chance to get much further than that, so I still need a bit of help.

psychobilly
09-26-2007, 10:55 PM
You need to just scrap the whole thing.

YZEATER
09-27-2007, 07:25 AM
why bother cutting the bed, it's sheet iron and the scrap yard takes it as is? it's a ranger, just cut off parts you want and haul it in complete.

LBF
09-27-2007, 07:27 AM
You need to just scrap the whole thing.
The cab, motor, trans, t-case, and axles are all good, the only things that I don't need off it are the axles, but since they're good, I'll take 'em before scapping what's left.

YZEATER
09-27-2007, 07:29 AM
your not gonna have much scrap, just the bed, front fenders, and frame.

LBF
09-27-2007, 07:31 AM
why bother cutting the bed, it's sheet iron and the scrap yard takes it as is? it's a ranger, just cut off parts you want and haul it in complete.
I didn't know they'd take a whole bed, I had someone tell me that most scrap yards woln't take pieces over a certain size. Even if they would take it whole, I'm not sure how I'd get it there seeing how I don't really have anything bigger than my ranger to haul in the scrap with right now.

LBF
09-27-2007, 07:33 AM
your not gonna have much scrap, just the bed, front fenders, and frame.
Pretty much, that's why I was intending to cut it up myself an haul it, cuz there ain't a whole lot left.

YZEATER
09-27-2007, 08:15 AM
for heavy iron it needs to be under 3' pieces. sheet iron/tin is whatever size.

stillersfan
09-27-2007, 09:33 AM
well if u still need help i can give ya hand... i dnt have torches but ill put in some man hours... i live in freeport so im not far away. im off all day friday too so i will need to run to east butler to get my check and come back this way to get it in the bank.. but other than that im free grab a case of beer and lets get r done, oh and i agree about them taken it mostly whole, my inlaws striped their old car and we put it on a trailer took it in to kittaning and they took the whole damn car minus the glass and seats and crap like that..

LBF
09-28-2007, 07:58 AM
Well, I'll prolly get to check my messages on here real quick right after work, then I'm gonna be gone to get up the house to meet Stillersfan and woln't be able to get online again until sunday night. If anyone else wants to come help out, Megamus and Andy know where to find me an how to get ahold of me.

LBF
10-02-2007, 11:47 PM
I still could use some help... lol...

Need to find a trailer to use so I can get the cab moved and will prolly need a couple hands to help with that... Depending on the size of the trailer, I might be able to jack the body up a lil an just yank the frame out from under it, then roll the trailer under there an so forth...

Bed is off, rear axle is out, leaf springs are mostly out, gas tank is on the ground and the frame is cut back to the first crossmember past the cab (the one side was rusted off there anyway).

Once I get that project cleaned up, I may work on replacing bodymounts on my choptop (I have new bolts) an tying up a few other loose ends.

YZEATER
10-03-2007, 07:22 AM
sounds like a big project for a little ranger. i coulda had it cut up and on the way to the junk yard in a day.

LBF
10-03-2007, 08:56 PM
sounds like a big project for a little ranger. i coulda had it cut up and on the way to the junk yard in a day.
Thus why I was asking for help... This is the second vehicle I've torn apart on my own and the first that I had to worry about damaging a lot of things. The first truck I tore apart I was able to cut, grind, torch, rip, pry and beat anything that I didn't need out of my way, which was a fair amount of the truck because of the extent of damage caused in the wreak it was involved in.

This one I'm trying to save so much of it that I can't get too crazy with tearin things apart, and since I have to be a lil more careful, it not only takes longer but some things like wrestling the bed off pretty much requires two people....which I didn't have.

Plus I spent time working on other things like trying to figure out what happened to my t-case in my choptop as to why it just suddenly froze up and is refusing to shift into 4x4.