PDA

View Full Version : Help! Sway Bar Problem!

TimMichaels
04-21-2005, 11:00 PM
Broke the connection for the sway bar while trying to install my BB... to damned rusted I guess :roll: Anyway, this is my only vehicle and I need it on the road this weekend. Can I just leave the sway bar unattached? I don't care if it sucks on road... but I'm gonna need a temporary fix...

OverkillZJ
04-22-2005, 12:39 AM
Drive without it until you can get parts in, you'll be fine. Just keep in mind your vehicle will NOT handle like it used to.

Cebby
04-22-2005, 08:05 AM
My 4Runner hasn't had a front swaybar for about a year. You can't take exit ramps really fast, but it's no sportscar anyway.

Make sure you soak all the bolts with PB Blaster (get at Advanced Auto) several times prior to removing them. It will save you alot of grief.

TimMichaels
04-25-2005, 10:55 PM
Well, after finally getting a good look at the sway bar it looks like a set of disconnects would actually replace everything thats broken... I'm considering just going for the upgrade to quick disconnects now. Is JKS all thats out there for ZJs?

OverkillZJ
04-25-2005, 10:58 PM
JKS and Tera are the two (good) options for ZJ's. Many argue that the Tera don't break as easily, but then again, my JKS disco's are about the only thing on my Jeep that I haven't broken ;)

r6cyclegal
04-26-2005, 01:57 PM
YET!! :wink: