PDA

View Full Version : Can we add...

MF Steve!
10-11-2007, 01:50 PM
A link to the "New members introduction" thread on the main page? I think with so many new members appearing lately, it should be sort of a mandatory thing.

trailblaze
10-11-2007, 01:53 PM
you mean like how about making their first post/ thread a mandatory introduction

MF Steve!
10-11-2007, 02:06 PM
you mean like how about making their first post/ thread a mandatory introduction

'Zactly. Most other forums I frequent strongly advise using the new members intro. thread for their first post. Some require it before posting anywhere else. It alleviates a lot of confusion, and probably even some flaming up front.

Basically just adding something into the "Welcome to Pgh Off Road" part of the main page. Something to the affect of "Please visit the new members introduciton thread here: x, and introduce yourself and your rig."

trailblaze
10-11-2007, 02:38 PM
i have to admit, i don't think i ever looked in the new users intro thread

MF Steve!
10-11-2007, 02:43 PM
i have to admit, i don't think i ever looked in the new users intro thread

LOL...you have now. I don't think you needed to do that, since you've been a member for a while now.

trailblaze
10-11-2007, 02:45 PM
would hate to suggest something for a thread that i've never posted on.

although on the suggestion topic... how about a gender indicator...so we know if were are typing to a man or woman, i didn't know bookfiend was a woman

MF Steve!
10-11-2007, 02:50 PM
would hate to suggest something for a thread that i've never posted on.

although on the suggestion topic... how about a gender indicator...so we know if were are typing to a man or woman, i didn't know bookfiend was a woman

Neither did I!

OverkillZJ
10-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Maybe, already seems like it's too complicated for them to click on the "email activation link" - if I throw the mandatory post thread in there as well I'll have to respond to every new user, but I agree at least having it on the home page is a great idea.

Muzikman
05-22-2008, 05:04 PM
We need to add....

A SPAM BLOCKER!