PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 1992 Wrangler S

LordAthens
11-16-2004, 02:10 PM
Ok, it's time for it to go. It's been sitting in my driveway for the past ~3 years, in hopes to build her into a magnificent trail rig. Between not having a garage and not having the time to build it, it's just simply not going to happen. Not to mention, I need the cash for part of the downpayment on a Unlimited Rubi :)

The Specs;

1992 Wrangler S
4 pissed off squirrels
107k miles
No rear seat
No carpet
Black
5spd
Half doors w\ glass sliders

The Good;

It runs, quite well actually. Never any issues starting and it doesn't burn any oil. It's never had any issues passing inspection or emissions. As it sits right now, it's emissions exempt, since I haven't driven it hardly at all. I do try to start it up and give it a few spins around the block every few weeks to keep things moving. The brakes were rebuilt not long before I stopped driving it. It's never been in a major wreck, nor has it had any body work done. Short of a tune up, it's never needed any other work. It's been more reliable than my TJ, actually. Oh, and this one never really saw any off road. It saw a dirt trail in South Park twice and some muddy fields a few times, but that's the extent of it.

The Bad;

It needs some TLC. The vinyl seats are cracking and discolored. Nothing a nice seat cover wouldn't fix.. The interior was Herculined (omg! I got it on my hootus!) back when I first got it. Overall, it's held up well, with the exception of the drivers side floor board. It's peeling there. I did buy a full charcol carpet kit for it, but haven't installed it yet. That'll be throw in with it.

Currently, it has no fender flares. Originally when I bought it, I put Xenon flares on it. I took them off a few months ago when I started working on it again, in hopes of installing a set of original OEM flares. Eh.. I never made it that far. But, I do have an original set of flares for it, plus the original factory body mounted side steps. So, you would get the Xenon wide flares, the original OEM flares and the body mounted side steps.

The radio is dead. One half of the drivers side slider glass was shattered. A new piece of glass would need to be cut for it. The battery probably needs to be replaced.

The Jeep has NO top. The factory top was trashed, so my brother put a California Tops pickup style top on it. When I bought the Jeep from him, it was already deteriorating. After another year, it was dryrotting and the seams were seperating on just about everything. I still have the top and the parts and they're yours if you want them, otherwise they'll go in the garbage. Just to make it clear, the top is trashed and is not usable. Count on buying a new top (unless you are a REAL Jeeper ;) ). It's had a heavy duty tarp covering almost the entire Jeep while it's been in the driveway.

And lastly, the cancer. The cancer has gotten ahold of it. The frame has quite a bit of surface rust on it, however it still seems to be solid. A good smack results in a bouncy "ping" and not a dull "thud". The body isn't bad overall, with the major exception of the drivers side rocker panel. I'd say roughly a 6x6" area has been affected, with a quarter size hole in it. To give an idea of the location, if you look through the hold, you're looking at the clutch pedal. That's the only REALLY bad area on it.

I'll try to snap some pics tomorrow and get them up to show her beauty. ;)

Any questions, either PM me or drop me a line @ supremecommand AT hotmail DOT com.

LordAthens
12-04-2004, 08:20 PM
This is possibly sold, pending pickup and payment from Corrie.

JEEPPATRIOT
12-07-2004, 03:27 PM
only thing holding back right now is being stuck in the desert but their letting me out soon. hahahaha

corrie

Happycamper
12-07-2004, 05:41 PM
Is parting it out going to be an option if you can't sell it? I've got a friend looking for a YJ tub. Just wondering. 8)

LordAthens
12-07-2004, 06:14 PM
I'd be willing to part out the tub. I'll take $2700 for the tub and he can even drive the tub to his house ;)

LeadFoot
12-08-2004, 12:38 AM
I'll give you $800 for it. I bought an '87 with a 6, hardtop and full doors and all the goodies with 80k miles for $1700. Sounds like a decent YJ but would need a good amount of work like ya said. Also said never been in a major wreck. Is the title still clear?

LordAthens
12-08-2004, 12:45 AM
The only "wreck" it's ever been in was me tagging a chain link fence @ 5mph during a snow storm. Yeah, title is clear.

It really doesn't need that much work. I mean, to make is street legal you'd need to install the flares and that's it. Obviously a top would be nice during the next few months ;) As it sits, it looks like Corrie (JeepPatriot) is probably going to pick it up. He's going to get the sawzall out on it for a trail rig. I'd keep it, but it just needs to go. I need the downpayment cash ;)

Looks like a pretty good deal you got on the 87. I myself prefer EFI ;)

LeadFoot
12-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Gotcha. I have two yj's already I really dont see me getting any other kind of jeep for awhile. I think in 5-10 years I'll probably have about 15 yj's, lol. 8O Standardization at its best....lol