PDA

View Full Version : Skid plates

dslang
11-02-2007, 01:32 PM
So I’m looking to get some sort of engine skid plate I’ve looked at skidrow engine skid and warn oil pan skid. Now aside from $100 more for skidrow what’s the major difference in coverage and construction? And dose any one suggest others?

JeepGeneral
11-02-2007, 02:03 PM
I know the Warn/Rusty's engine skid are exactly the same. I just took mine off the Jeep and it's dented to hell and back. It even bowed up in the middle some, but I can't complain because my oil pan is still straight.

The Skid Row looks a little nicer, but they mount in the same manner (bolt to the TC skid in the back, and a crossmember that bolts to the LCA mounts in the front).

oros35
11-03-2007, 12:12 AM
I have the skid row one. I bought it used for $75. It had some dings and deep gouges in it but was pretty straight.

I've used it for 2 years now, and use it hard. It's finally bowed up in the middle pretty good, The oil pan does have a bit of a dent to it, but if I didn't have it I wouldn't have an engine now. I had no fear of using the skid and often slammed it off of rocks hard.

It had worked perfect, I abused it more than most ever will. Yes it did eventually bend, but it deserved to after what I've put it through. One of the best $75 upgrades I've ever spent.

As far as one better than the other, they are fairly comparable. I vote Skid Row, but anything is 100 times better than nothing.

MemorEsto
11-03-2007, 09:03 AM
I have full set of skid row.... they've been abused at Rausch Creek many many many times. They are strong as hell.

FoxRunner
11-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Derek

Check out these links....

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699984&highlight=warn+skid

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=683084&highlight=warn+skid

dslang
11-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Well that’s about all needed to know, thanks for the input guys.

pghjeeper
11-07-2007, 02:54 AM
Check out a company called Jeep Medic they make some of the best skid out there. They are about to go out of business but man do they make nice stuff. I plan to order an engine skid and belly up T case skid before they are out of them.