PDA

View Full Version : OK So how much of the forum was LOST by outage??

89MJComanche
08-12-2005, 03:31 PM
Looks like everything that I have posted in the past few days is gone??

OverkillZJ
08-12-2005, 04:23 PM
Looks like they recovered the server from a backup. Brandon, lets migrate it, this is gettinga annoying. Let me know what you need.

LordAthens
08-13-2005, 10:47 AM
This is one of the first outages with data loss since we've been up and running.. I hardly consider that annoying.

When you get your server complete with phpMyAdmin, SQL, and all of the other goodies installed completely, I'll be glad to transfer it over. :)

LordAthens
08-13-2005, 10:55 AM
And on a side note, MJ it appears that posts between Aug 7 through the 12th are gone. Sorry. Repost it.

Please keep in mind, out of my pocket I've paid for the domain (2 years now), the web hosting and everything else that has gone into it.

If I was asking for donations or we were doing monthly "Membership Dues", I would consider a few lost posts more of an issue. But we don't.

This is still far better than what we had @ YahooGroups.

OverkillZJ
08-13-2005, 11:33 AM
This is one of the first outages with data loss since we've been up and running.. I hardly consider that annoying.

When you get your server complete with phpMyAdmin, SQL, and all of the other goodies installed completely, I'll be glad to transfer it over. :)

Joke, right? This is the most unreliable hosting I've ever seen, no ifs ands or buts. For awhile there, every time I'd come to this site it wouldn't show til the 5th or 6th refresh. As I've told you, my servers been ready to go with all of the above (exception of phpmyadmin) for 8 months now. Where the heck do you think Mallcrawlin and all of my customer sites are hosted?

phpMyAdmin is user-installable. I don't have a root server install as I primarily do business hosting, no one needs it but forums really. Just like the forum, you upload the files, edit the admin one to reflect the username and password, and you're done. And about the home page, ya, are you still on vacation and is this site still new, didn't think so!

But on the non be-a-dick side gimme a call when you get a chance, lets get together to see what we need to do to make this a lil' more stable 8) I don't care where you host it, but this service just isn't working...

Bill
08-14-2005, 01:41 PM
It is time to switch it over. The new server is less money and we can go to PhpBB without the PhpNuke.

LordAthens
08-14-2005, 01:54 PM
It is time to switch it over. The new server is less money and we can go to PhpBB without the PhpNuke.

When Matt has phpMyAdmin installed, either in my user directory or as server root, i'll be glad to transfer it over. :)

Bill
08-14-2005, 02:06 PM

When Matt has phpMyAdmin installed, either in my user directory or as server root, i'll be glad to transfer it over. :)

I talked to him today. I am sure if you just give him access he will gladly transfer it over.