PDA

View Full Version : Political Rant OTD

Bill
04-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Okay... It has been brewing with me for the about the last two weeks. It seems to get worse every day.

I AM SO SICK OF THE DAMN PEOPLE CALLING ME TO CONVINCE ME TO VOTE FOR ?????????????????????????????

I have the Hillary folks calling. I have the Obama people calling. They call a few times a day. Each. Now they are knocking on my door. I just lost it. I told the old guy, who was attempting to hand me some pamphlet from the Obama campaign, to get the hell away from me. I then broke straight into the questioning. Who are you? Do you have a permit to solicit here? Do you have any ID on you?

He really didn't like the questioning. He liked the lecture that followed even less, I am sure. I told him that I think all the canditates this primary SUCK. I told him I am going to vote for whoever harasses me and annoys me the least. The calls, the pamphlets, the annoying speeches from people on the phone and now at my door need to stop.

I think the thing that pissed me off the most is that as I was walking across my living room towards the door this guy just opened the screen door up all on his own. WTF?

Okay, that is my rant for now. I feel really bad for the next guy to come to the door or call though. It is officially game on!

OverkillZJ
04-21-2008, 04:00 PM
I was at a clients Saturday (a few of you know where) and Bill Clinton called on behalf of his devilwife, I was like, "dayum!"

andrew2516
04-21-2008, 04:03 PM
We get between 4-8 calls a day from those people and Bill Clinton, Obama...etc

It does get out of hand and just because they have a recorded message calling my house isn't going to change my opinion or who I vote for. I also don't agree with how much money they put into those little signs on the side of the road! Just because they have like 50 in a row doesn't mean I'm going to vote for that person.

2002wranglerX
04-21-2008, 04:04 PM
don't go downtown! i got chased into the parking garage by people trying to get me to vote hillary!

i got the hell outa there before she came into town. didn't want to get stuck there!

OverkillZJ
04-21-2008, 04:05 PM
If a Hilary lover comes after me and doesn't go away the first moment I say "****off" - I'm going to make the news for losing it.

Bird_Flu
04-21-2008, 04:11 PM
I had an Obama volunteer ring my doorbell on a Sunday at 7PM. I'm so sick of being pestered with this crap.

jeepxj3
04-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Just fart in the phone next time they call. If they come to the door, answer it butt naked and ask them if they are here for the gang bang.

OverkillZJ
04-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Why would you fart on your own phone?

Bill
04-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Its Emo-Nomics. It is what it is.

BAD_GNR
04-21-2008, 04:38 PM
I have fun with it. I tell them the truth - that I'm not registered to vote. They get all excited and try to get me to register and sell me on their candidate like I'm some sheep. Then it's my turn and then I tell them I'm communist and Stalin is god. That shuts them up pretty quick.

Wrecker
04-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Just tell them you are Republican. They will run away.

andrew2516
04-21-2008, 04:50 PM

:082:

OverkillZJ
04-21-2008, 04:51 PM
:jeepxj3:

Cebby
04-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Why would you fart on your own phone?

Yeah, then the joke's on you... :D

jeepxj3
04-21-2008, 05:29 PM

someone say emo? :037:

Oh, and I didnt say SHIT in the phone, I said fart in the phone. If your farts stink that bad then you might want to get a colonostimy...

wozz
04-21-2008, 06:31 PM
[quote=andrew2516;103497]those little signs on the side of the road! [quote]

The only good thing about those is that they make great target holders.

jeepxj3
04-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I cant stand those signs on the side of the road... Isnt there an ordinance out there that requires you to get rid of them after a certain amount of time? I hardly ever see anyone clean them up. Half the time they end out in the middle of traffic.

They look trashy, cause a mess, and no one ever cleans up after them.

mudforblood
04-21-2008, 07:08 PM
I have fun with it. I tell them the truth - that I'm not registered to vote. They get all excited and try to get me to register and sell me on their candidate like I'm some sheep. Then it's my turn and then I tell them I'm communist and Stalin is god. That shuts them up pretty quick.

Nice! I'm the not registered either so I don't get the phone calls. Even if I do the wife gets them within a ring or two. If the number looks weird she'll pick up the phone and hang it up so it quits ringing. So if you call my house and she doesn't know the number then your SOL.:110: Sometimes I get ripped and tell her to let the telemarketing calls ring so I have time to pick up. It doesnt go to well after that. :003:

I ask them what time they get off work then say I'll call them back at home an hour after that. They don't seem to like that too much.:owned:

DMG
04-21-2008, 07:12 PM
People in China or Cuba would like to have the problems related to our democratic process.

mudforblood
04-21-2008, 07:16 PM
I think the thing that pissed me off the most is that as I was walking across my living room towards the door this guy just opened the screen door up all on his own. WTF?

Okay, that is my rant for now. I feel really bad for the next guy to come to the door or call though. It is officially game on!

See what there opinions are on gun rights. Show them some open carry and info to take with them.

I'd have a field day if these fawkers would show up to my house. I learned from the best, my dad would invite jehovah witness' in so he could argue/inform them of his opinion, it was great to see them try to squirm out the door as he continued to verbally beat them.:042:

mudforblood
04-21-2008, 07:22 PM
People in China or Cuba would like to have the problems related to our democratic process.

That sounds like a psychobilly bat signal if I ever saw one. No comment otherwise.:091:

Bill
04-21-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm the not registered either so I don't get the phone calls.

I just changed my party affiliation from Independent to Democrat. It was a career-related move for me. I don't really associate myself with any party-specific beliefs. So, when I needed to renew my driver's license earlier this year I switched over while I was at the driver's license center.

Hopefully I have explained to enough of them that "Whatever list you found my name on please take it off." I can't wait until November to start it all over again...

Traveler
04-21-2008, 08:16 PM
They canvassed my neighbor on Sunday. He told the gentleman he was a convicted felon and could no longer vote. The poor guy was speachless, walked to his car and left the neighborhood.

I've never laughed so hard in my life.

mrdylanr
04-21-2008, 09:11 PM
They canvassed my neighbor on Sunday. He told the gentleman he was a convicted felon and could no longer vote. The poor guy was speachless, walked to his car and left the neighborhood.

I've never laughed so hard in my life.
Never thought of that. "You got a purdy mouth...wanna come inside" works well too.

BigZees
04-22-2008, 09:59 AM
The phone callers are easy to deal with. Something which I have dealt with before. A quick trip to Walmart, and a walk to the sporting goods section and you will find the canistered air horns for boats. After just one blast through the phone I can guarantee whoever just called you will be deaf for quite some time and hell you may be able to save the next 8 to 10 poor bastids from receiving a phone call.

As far as door to door people go ask them how much are they paying per vote. Tell them for a nominal fee of $____ you will gladly vote for their candidate.

Seismik
04-23-2008, 12:12 PM
:045: DUDE! I am SO getting an airhorn!! LOL

What's funny, is the candidates don't even really have anything to do with all the people bothering you, and it's why you get 8 calls a day. You can volunteer to support the candidate and they will mail you all the info packets that you need. The people that are bothering you are doing it on their own. You can sign up to volunteer to call people in your 'area' and they will give you the script to read, and then you just start running down the phone book. The candidate that bothers you the most is ONLY the candidate that has the most annoying supporters! LOL

LBF
04-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Now this is some funny stuff!

We usually don't get to deal with anyone like that though... pretty much nobody calls anymore trying to telemarket or anything like that and the dog is usually pretty good at making sure that unknown people don't reach the front door, lol.

DMG
04-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Now this is some funny stuff!

We usually don't get to deal with anyone like that though... pretty much nobody calls anymore trying to telemarket or anything like that and the dog is usually pretty good at making sure that unknown people don't reach the front door, lol.

They still interview you after the tornado, right? :flipoff2:

LBF
04-27-2008, 02:46 PM
They still interview you after the tornado, right? :flipoff2:
No... I wish they would though! :flipoff2: