PDA

View Full Version : Did some downhill today

jeepxj3
06-07-2008, 11:05 PM
at 7Springs, sorry for this being so short im broken, and so is my bike... I was hot doggin it my last run and wiped out pretty bad. Hit the last jump a bit too hard, back end bounced and down I went. I got scrapes all over the left side of me, and bruises all down the right.

Joe (NorthFaceZJ) on Rock Garden
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/JeepXJ3/Mountain%20Biking/IMG_2969.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/JeepXJ3/Mountain%20Biking/IMG_2970.jpg

After almost getting lost, made it back to the lodge for some bev's.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/JeepXJ3/Mountain%20Biking/IMG_2971.jpg

me hitting a tabletop
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/JeepXJ3/Mountain%20Biking/IMG_2972.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/JeepXJ3/Mountain%20Biking/IMG_2973.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/JeepXJ3/Mountain%20Biking/IMG_2975.jpg

Damage report for the bike:
Need new seat
Front Derailure (bent)

Other than the accident, I was crushing the course, and its a blast to run! I cant wait until they open the other 2 runs!

As soon as im better and my bike is fixed ill be back out there.

some of mah damage:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/JeepXJ3/Mountain%20Biking/IMG_2976.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/JeepXJ3/Mountain%20Biking/IMG_2977.jpg

2002wranglerX
06-08-2008, 12:11 AM
wow, let me know next time you go. i'd like to tag along.

92YJCBG
06-08-2008, 12:27 AM
man, def was a hot day to get out and go biking.

looks like a good time

jeepxj3
06-08-2008, 07:58 AM
damn am I sore today...

trailerrails
06-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Nice, is there still just the one down hill trail up there? I hear Wisp resort is pretty sweet also.

I just picked up a Cannondale Perp 1 so I could start getting back into some gravity riding.

http://video.cannondale.com/images/08/bikes/CUSA/large/8VNG1_raw.jpg

jeepxj3
06-08-2008, 11:42 AM
sick, yeah just 1 trail now but thats gonna change in the next week or so.

How much you pick that up for?

jeepxj3
06-08-2008, 12:59 PM
fixed the front derailure, it was just loose, no clue how I pulled that off... Anyways the seat def. needs replaced, its bent to fawk and back.

YZEATER
06-08-2008, 02:12 PM
ouch. looks fun.

trailerrails
06-08-2008, 06:55 PM
How much you pick that up for?

You don't want to know... let's just say it was less than your x-cal.

trailerrails
06-08-2008, 07:00 PM
fixed the front derailure, it was just loose, no clue how I pulled that off... Anyways the seat def. needs replaced, its bent to fawk and back.

if you are going to keep jumping you need to get a more burly seat. Something with thick solid rails. The catch 22 is that the 29er bikes are not intended for jumping so you will continue to break parts and replace them with heaver duty parts until you don't want to pedal it XC anymore because it is so heavy. So be careful with what you do.

2002wranglerX
06-08-2008, 07:27 PM
ya i agree, that 29r really isn't meant for heavy downhill riding.

if you want to try some seats, Dirty harry's has demo seats you can try.

95TacoKid
06-08-2008, 10:42 PM
i just picked up a specialized rockhopper a little over a week ago and love it... been into bmx for a while but wanted something a little bigger that i could ride more comfortably

its more of a xc bike but i would love to do some down hill stuff... do u guys think it could handle it?? I just have no clue how rough the trails are there and its a hard tail so that kinda worrys me if the trails are too rough

jeepxj3
06-09-2008, 12:06 AM
mines a hardtail

Muzikman
06-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Yeah, and look what happened to you... ;)

You look a bit nicked up...I have been there and done that way too many times...which is the reason I quit and sold all my bikes. I figured I was going to kill myself at some point.

jeepxj3
06-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Yeah, and look what happened to you... ;)

You look a bit nicked up...I have been there and done that way too many times...which is the reason I quit and sold all my bikes. I figured I was going to kill myself at some point.

yeah but its a BLAST!!!! and im an adrenaline junkie, so it works! Honestly after the wreck I stood up and didnt feel a thing! I rode the bike off the mountain. The guy working the slope asked me if I wanted to get looked at and I said no. He asked me why I hit the jump so hard, and I said "Go big or go home!" I think he thought I was nuts at that point! :082:

trailerrails
06-09-2008, 08:56 AM
i just picked up a specialized rockhopper a little over a week ago and love it... been into bmx for a while but wanted something a little bigger that i could ride more comfortably

its more of a xc bike but i would love to do some down hill stuff... do u guys think it could handle it?? I just have no clue how rough the trails are there and its a hard tail so that kinda worrys me if the trails are too rough

If it is a Rockhopper 26er then it will handle semi aggressive riding just fine. if it is a 29er then just be careful, the bigger wheels are not as strong and you coming from a BMX background are used to the bulletproof 20" wheels.

jeepxj3
06-09-2008, 09:01 AM
If it is a Rockhopper 26er then it will handle semi aggressive riding just fine. if it is a 29er then just be careful, the bigger wheels are not as strong and you coming from a BMX background are used to the bulletproof 20" wheels.

lol its funny you say that, the kid that saw me wreck said the same think, I think I have him convinced 29ers can take a bit of abuse. My wheels didnt even taco! Hell they arent even bent!

95TacoKid
06-09-2008, 04:36 PM
its a 26er but i was still kinda iffy the idea of jumping it... it just doesnt feel like my bmx bike, hell i can hardly bunny hop the thing so i dont know how its gonna feel in the air and the guy at the shop said its not meant for jumping but well see. The trails look like a pretty smooth dirt path... do they get rougher, any drop offs???

jeepxj3
06-09-2008, 05:14 PM
its a 26er but i was still kinda iffy the idea of jumping it... it just doesnt feel like my bmx bike, hell i can hardly bunny hop the thing so i dont know how its gonna feel in the air and the guy at the shop said its not meant for jumping but well see. The trails look like a pretty smooth dirt path... do they get rougher, any drop offs???

oh, you would be suprised what you will do when the opertunity presents itself! If you get a set of clips and shoes you pretty much tie yourself into the bike, I was pretty iffy with the idea myself, but you get a hang of it real quick, I could count on one hand how many times I fell over because of the shoes. They do get a bit rougher, the terrain is actually pretty decent, and they will be opening some easier and harder trails.

ANYWAYS... I went to the doctors today, checked me out and said everything was OK. Good way to get the day off!

Muzikman
06-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Went to the Dr?!?!?

Jpdst29
06-09-2008, 06:59 PM
"adrenaline junkies" don't go the doctor for scratches.

2002wranglerX
06-09-2008, 07:06 PM
He's light enough that those 29r wheels should hold up pretty well.

a big guy like me doesn't fly through the air real gracefully :) lol

the 29r does soak up the bumps a lot more than a hardtail 26r

Sycotik Skier
06-09-2008, 09:51 PM
rockhopper will be fine for most jumping. Specialized does have a warranty on their frames if you break them on a weld. if you do want to ride it more aggressively pick up a set of heavier wheels. IF you look on jensonusa.com or pricepoint.com you can find some pretty sweet deals. Jumping pretty much any bike is going to break parts. I think you'll be suprised how much more forgiving jumping a mountain bike is. I ride a Gary fisher Hoo Koo E koo with some decently likeweight components on it and I usually don't break too much stuff.

BAD_GNR
06-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Ok, a couple things.

First of all, thanks for sharing the pics of the bloodied gun show. I really wanted to see that.

Second, it's been said but, You went to the doctor????????

Third, at least you had fun, that's all that matters.

And you were asking why I don't use clips. Because I usually pull stupid shit like this and it gives me the ability to bail. Tuck and roll.

Oh, and I did get my bike out last weekend. I need to replace both derailleur cables, the rear split completely after I took it out. The front's not much better. They've gotta be about 6 years old. Other than that it's in decent shape.

Sycotik Skier
06-09-2008, 10:26 PM
I forgot to mention about going to a doctor?! Clipless pedals are awesome for doing somersaults when wrecking. I'd rather do that then rip my legs to pieces with my Bear traps or the DK iron crosses I use.

2002wranglerX
06-09-2008, 10:37 PM
i don't get all the haters on the clipless

i keep mine set pretty loose, but i bail out of them now like they're second nature. i had a front tire wash out on me last time out. i bailed off the bike and didn't even have to think about unclipping.

after you really get used to them it's no big deal. but i also keep em set loose.

Muzikman
06-09-2008, 11:31 PM
I agree about the clipless. It took my years to even try them because I was afraid of not being able to get out of them quick enough. After just a few rides I was perfectly comfortable with them and to be honest, don't know if I could ride without them.

If you have never tried them, give them a shot.

Though I will say, I was never huge into real downhill. The downhill I did was out of necessity since most all single track around here has hills...and I would rather be going down them than up. ;)

The Dr? Really?

Effjae
06-10-2008, 09:30 AM
x2 on the clipless. The Dr. huh.....hmmm.

jeepxj3
06-10-2008, 10:01 AM
well concidering my hand felt like it was broke and everyone that saw me said I should go, I did... So go mow down a field of d!ck....

Jpdst29
06-10-2008, 10:48 AM
your hand felt like it was broke but yet the doctor found nothing wrong with you???

please tell me your doctors name so if i ever get injured i can avoid him.

XJchris98
06-10-2008, 10:51 AM
Im suprised you didnt go to the doctors after "flopping" your jeep..you know, just to make sure everything was OK

:022:

:overkill:

jeepxj3
06-10-2008, 12:20 PM
hmmmm lets see, hand hurts to the point I can bearly type... Its all swolen and black and blue, no strength in it... YOU FIGURE IT OUT! Im no doctor, and its better to be safe than end up with a crippled hand for the rest of my life!

Oh, Chris theres a difference between being exposed on a bicycle than being enclosed in a vehicle... With a partial degree in engineering I would have figured you would have known the difference... :overkill:

gearhead313
06-10-2008, 12:21 PM
that sucks dude! ...i swear i still have rocks in one of my knees.

my buddy nick headed out there, but i had to work...and it was hot. He was on a king fish that I was going to end up buying, but wrecked it bad. WTF! ...I need to get out there though!

About the clip-in's... I was pretty convinced myself that they were the shit UNTIL I did moraine state park's trails. Granted im no professional, but when you are on serious, rocky terrain where there are drops, log-overs, bridges, etc, you cant just lolly-gag over this stuff being clipped in. I firmly believe that if you bow to clip-in's, then your a XC rider; if you hate clip-in's, then your downhill bound. I would be into the combo pedals, but they weigh a ton.. i might be switching...

Muzikman
06-10-2008, 12:31 PM
I use to ride Moraine all the time. That was actually my favorite place. That is also where I trashed the most bikes.

The Dr? I ahve had dislocated hip, knee cap, broken wrist, crushed knuckles. It wasn't until I put a hole in my leg that I went to the Dr. Ice works well for swelling.

Jpdst29
06-10-2008, 01:09 PM
did your doc give you any of these?

http://www.band-aid.com/images/products/justForKids/img1.jpg

jeepxj3
06-10-2008, 01:11 PM
I use to ride Moraine all the time. That was actually my favorite place. That is also where I trashed the most bikes.

The Dr? I ahve had dislocated hip, knee cap, broken wrist, crushed knuckles. It wasn't until I put a hole in my leg that I went to the Dr. Ice works well for swelling.

tell me how you feel when your 40!:thumbsup:

jeepxj3
06-10-2008, 01:12 PM
did your doc give you any of these?

http://www.band-aid.com/images/products/justForKids/img1.jpg

you talk big :023: Why not show me up, instead of talk?

Jpdst29
06-10-2008, 01:16 PM
HAHA. you arent seriously calling me out are you!?!?! because if you are, you are a bigger retard than i thought. what do you want me to show you? that i can get some scratches and hurt my hand and not be a pu$$y about it. i used to get injuries like that, if not worse, on a daily basis when i was in construction. suck it up.

jeepxj3
06-10-2008, 01:22 PM
what ever you fawk, get over yourself, this was the first time I did downhill on a 29er mind you. Pound your chest a bit more to show off your masculinity im not trying to prove a point here, I dont know why you think I am! I fell got hurt I was fine dealing with my wounds on my own, but work, family and friends all told me to go to the hospital, so I did. And you flame me for it! LOLOLOLOL THX a$$!!!

XJchris98
06-10-2008, 01:27 PM
lols

jeepxj3
06-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Maybe I should have just strapped on a set of these to find out if my hand was OK....

http://bp1.blogger.com/_wvoLtwni0kc/R9VVHGEOcpI/AAAAAAAAPhE/FdjC5bY7e20/s400/xrayglasses.jpg

Jpdst29
06-10-2008, 01:37 PM
:082: you make it sound like i am the only one who flamed you.

next time you wreck your bike and decide to post it, ask your doc for some sedatives so you aren't so moody. :022:

jeepxj3
06-10-2008, 01:40 PM
:082: wow...

Jpdst29
06-10-2008, 01:45 PM
and im an adrenaline junkie, so it works! Honestly after the wreck I stood up and didnt feel a thing! I rode the bike off the mountain. The guy working the slope asked me if I wanted to get looked at and I said no. He asked me why I hit the jump so hard, and I said "Go big or go home!" I think he thought I was nuts at that point! :082:

and i need to get over myself??? :003:

jeepxj3
06-10-2008, 01:48 PM
and i need to get over myself??? :003:

Sarcasm often misunderstood. But seriously I did say that, NorthFaceZJ was standing right there.

Muzikman
06-10-2008, 02:19 PM
tell me how you feel when your 40!:thumbsup:

Oh, I already feel it now, don't worry, but it was fun and well worth it.

2002wranglerX
06-10-2008, 02:36 PM
so.... uh..... want to ride this weekend?

i'm up for some casual stuff. I'll show you teh kotobuki trail in NP or even the loop with the bathtub trail.

either way, let me know.

2002wranglerX
06-10-2008, 02:37 PM
that sucks dude! ...i swear i still have rocks in one of my knees.

my buddy nick headed out there, but i had to work...and it was hot. He was on a king fish that I was going to end up buying, but wrecked it bad. WTF! ...I need to get out there though!

About the clip-in's... I was pretty convinced myself that they were the shit UNTIL I did moraine state park's trails. Granted im no professional, but when you are on serious, rocky terrain where there are drops, log-overs, bridges, etc, you cant just lolly-gag over this stuff being clipped in. I firmly believe that if you bow to clip-in's, then your a XC rider; if you hate clip-in's, then your downhill bound. I would be into the combo pedals, but they weigh a ton.. i might be switching...

wait what? switching to platforms?

good, buy a hartail and put the clipless on THAT. :) then you can use your HI-FI on the tougher stuff with platforms.

or we could build a 69r rigid/hard tail. hmmmmmm. i want one of them for commuting anyway lol

Jpdst29
06-10-2008, 02:38 PM
does anyone know if there are any MB trails in settlers cabin?

Muzikman
06-10-2008, 02:40 PM
There are.

Effjae
06-10-2008, 02:43 PM
I might be up for some settlers cabin this weekend.....probably Sunday.

Jpdst29
06-10-2008, 02:44 PM
nice. that is right down the road from me which is very convenient.

damn. i sold my old bike too. i guess it is time to get a new one.

gearhead313
06-10-2008, 03:14 PM
wait what? switching to platforms?

good, buy a hartail and put the clipless on THAT. :) then you can use your HI-FI on the tougher stuff with platforms.

or we could build a 69r rigid/hard tail. hmmmmmm. i want one of them for commuting anyway lol

I think i'd keep the hifi around... just let it be teh 5" travel cadillac XC bike its supposed to be, then find something I can REALLY hurt myself on!

jeepxj3
06-10-2008, 04:48 PM
so.... uh..... want to ride this weekend?

i'm up for some casual stuff. I'll show you teh kotobuki trail in NP or even the loop with the bathtub trail.

either way, let me know.

we will see later on this week, im still sore, and trying to keep the scabs moist. The thought of tearing fresh scabs off makes me cringe.

Muzikman
06-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Scabs should never be moist...They should be picked off as soon as they form!

NorthFaceZJ
06-11-2008, 01:40 AM
It was a great ride and I hope anyone that is talking shit on this thread joins for the next ride. We will ride you till you drop. perriod.

that is all that i have to say. i want everyone who is talking shit to ride with us. you will probally get burnt.

10+ miles of diffuclt single track at seven springs is NOT easy.

anyways...great times, im going again. who wants to meet up????????????????????? if not, stop takling shit!

sporry im driunk

2002wranglerX
06-11-2008, 06:54 AM
[quote=NorthFaceZJ;

sporry im driunk[/quote]

That's no excuse for poor grammar and spelling. :069:

Effjae
06-11-2008, 08:14 AM
It was a great ride and I hope anyone that is talking shit on this thread joins for the next ride. We will ride you till you drop. perriod.

that is all that i have to say. i want everyone who is talking shit to ride with us. you will probally get burnt.

anyways...great times, im going again. who wants to meet up????????????????????? if not, stop takling shit!

sporry im driunk

It is suppose to be nice on Sunday. Wanna hit Settlers Cabin or something?

jeepxj3
06-11-2008, 08:24 AM

sporry im driunk

:082: thx Joe!

Effjae
06-11-2008, 08:42 AM
So....are you gonna rent the armor next time you go to 7 Springs?

jeepxj3
06-11-2008, 08:44 AM
So....are you gonna rent the armor next time you go to 7 Springs?

probably not, just not push myself as hard. For the amount of riding we did, I should not have been pushing myself at ALL those last few runs. Just meerly trying to get down the hill. I got a new seat for my bike coming next week.

Effjae
06-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Nice. How much for the new seat, if you don't mind me asking. I have seen some expensive ones at the Trek store.

Jpdst29
06-11-2008, 09:39 AM
you will probally get burnt.

ill make sure to bring my sunscreen. :001:

Muzikman
06-11-2008, 09:43 AM

sporry im driunk

Sorry I would, but no bike and have not rode in 7-8 years. I was riding when you were still shitting your pants. So go big, or go to the Dr!

XJchris98
06-11-2008, 10:05 AM
So go big, or go to the Dr!

lols

jeepxj3
06-11-2008, 10:59 AM
So go big, or go to the Dr!

:asshat:

Chris, lets see your large A$$ even do some sort of physical activity... :082:

XJchris98
06-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Chris, lets see your large A$$ even do some sort of physical activity... :082:

You didnt seem to have a problem with my large ass putting your skid plate on for you because you simply just couldnt do it. :paranoid:

jeepxj3
06-11-2008, 11:07 AM
I already did. You dont remember me laying under your jeep putting your skid plate on for you because you couldnt do it yourself? :paranoid:

oh thats right, you built my entire rig... My bad... :043: I love how you take credit for pretty much all of it, when all you did was drill 2 holes because I was beat.... :flamer:

OverkillZJ
06-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Wow, you're all being a bunch of whiny lil' biotches lately, GO WHEELING!

jeepxj3
06-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Wow, you're all being a bunch of whiny lil' biotches lately, GO WHEELING!

yeah seriously, Chris needs to get a life and quit attacking my every post... His inferiority complex is driving me nuts!

Jpdst29
06-11-2008, 11:45 AM
i could go for some outdoor activities.

i really wish i owned a bike...i would for sure like to go to settlers cabin this sunday with you effjae.

Alley
06-11-2008, 12:14 PM
I need to go camping, I'm planning a trip or 4 as we speak!!!!!

jeepxj3
06-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Nice. How much for the new seat, if you don't mind me asking. I have seen some expensive ones at the Trek store.

Bontrager Race Lite, pretty much the same saddle that comes on the Paragon and Superfly.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tech/reviews/trek_madone_ssl07/mg_3210.jpg

Effjae
06-11-2008, 12:45 PM
i could go for some outdoor activities.

i really wish i owned a bike...i would for sure like to go to settlers cabin this sunday with you effjae.

Trek has 12 months no interest no payments for Bikes over $1500. :nod:

Jpdst29
06-11-2008, 01:16 PM
really? hmm...that is very very tempting.

jeepxj3
06-11-2008, 01:18 PM
really? hmm...that is very very tempting.

DO IT!!!!

www.dirtyharrys.net they also offer the Trek Deal, even on Fisher Bikes ;)

Jpdst29
06-11-2008, 01:21 PM
which is better, trek or fisher, or even cannondale? or is it just personal preference?

Muzikman
06-11-2008, 01:35 PM
They are all high quality bikes. I personally have never liked Trek, Giant or Specialized. I have always liked Fisher, but never had one. I rode GT's for years before they turned to crap. My last MTB was a Cannondale Jekyll.

Effjae
06-11-2008, 01:43 PM
the Trek deal is on Fisher's too. They are all good bikes. Gary Fisher did invent the mountain bike, so you can't go wrong w/ that.

Jpdst29
06-11-2008, 01:43 PM
what were the reasons why you didnt like trek, giant or specialized?

Alley
06-11-2008, 01:45 PM

Oh, and I don't want to hear this.... You are a total baby when it comes to pain. You just don't like DRs

Effjae
06-11-2008, 01:48 PM
I had a specialized rigid in college that I really liked. I have never ridden a Trek, but my buddy has a Trek full squish that he really likes. I always liked the Giant Iguana, just because of the name. Go take a test ride and see what you think. The folks at the Trek store in Robinson were very nice and knowledgable.

Effjae
06-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Oh, and I don't want to hear this.... You are a total baby when it comes to pain. You just don't like DRs

Wow....You got called the f out.:071:

Jpdst29
06-11-2008, 01:49 PM
great. thanks. i might have to take a trip down there tomorrow.

Muzikman
06-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Ok, so I dislike Dr's more than I dislike pain. ;)

It took the worse case of poison ivy I have ever seen before I would go to the Dr. Before that, it had been close to 15 years since I had been to the Dr for anything, and that was to get stitches in my leg after a nasty wipeout on a bike.

And just for the gross factor...this is what made me go to the Dr for the first time in 15 years.
http://www.pittsburgh-music.com/users/jbeam/images/poison%20ivy-040922-141442-7495%20(Medium).jpg

andrew2516
06-11-2008, 02:02 PM
WTF!

I've had poision ivy but never that bad

The looks more like poision oak or something else

jeepxj3
06-11-2008, 02:04 PM
:yuk: Getting poison ivy by mistake doesnt top the initial pain you get from an accident. Besides they give you roids to get rid of poison ivy like that, they didnt give me crap, except for an antibiotic, which I didnt get.

Muzikman
06-11-2008, 02:07 PM
I am pretty sure it was poison ivy...though it could have been oak. I am honestly not sure where I got it.

That was the first time I ever got it. I had never been afraid of poison ivy and usually just ignored it when I would see it in the woods. Now I avoid it at all costs! I have gotten it once since then and I took action right away with stuff called Ivy Stat (or something) and it cleared it up in a couple days. What you see above took a couple weeks. I think they are gone now, but I had scars from it for a good long time.

Danielle is right though, I don't like pain, but it doesn't mean I have not had my share of it.

Muzikman
06-11-2008, 02:10 PM
:yuk: Getting poison ivy by mistake doesnt top the initial pain you get from an accident. Besides they give you roids to get rid of poison ivy like that, they didnt give me crap, except for an antibiotic, which I didnt get.

Umm, that was what it took to go to the Dr after 15 years. I am not comparing it to wiping out, but let me tell you, it hurt more than any brush burns I ever had and was getting ready to top a dislocated knee cap.

Effjae
06-11-2008, 02:13 PM
That is amazing. Must have been a mutant strain of poison ivy.

jeepxj3
06-11-2008, 02:18 PM
That is amazing. Must have been a mutant strain of poison ivy.

Thats just nasty....

http://www.familyguyquotes.com/images/cleveland_tn.jpg

2002wranglerX
06-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Bontrager Race Lite, pretty much the same saddle that comes on the Paragon and Superfly.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tech/reviews/trek_madone_ssl07/mg_3210.jpg

have you sat on one of those yet? It's different for everyone, but i had one on for like a week before i re-sold it.

my next saddle is going to have the taint relief area for sure.

Jpdst29
06-11-2008, 03:32 PM
wow jason. that is a ridiculous poison ivy rash. i am severly allergic to the stuff and try to stay away at all costs. had it one time on my face so bad it swelled my eyes, nose and mouth shut.

but now i have this stuff called "tecnu" which is a wash that you use after you think you have been exposed to the stuff. i have been using it for over 5 years now and havent had it since. *knock on wood.

you should have taken a cheese grater to that arm. that would have made it feel better. lol.

Jpdst29
06-11-2008, 03:33 PM
taint relief area

:042: sorry. i got a chuckle out of that.

BAD_GNR
06-11-2008, 04:49 PM
I am pretty sure it was poison ivy...though it could have been oak. I am honestly not sure where I got it.

Did you have that bandaged or wrapped up at all? I've seen people do that before (put gauze on it and stuff) and it makes it ten times worse.

Muzikman
06-11-2008, 04:53 PM
I only wrapped (lightly with open gauze wrap) it when I really had to, but that wasn't until it was so bad that I had to worry about the blisters popping every where. It was unwrapped 90% of the time.

Jpdst29
06-11-2008, 05:00 PM
i found this one online. this will make anyone cringe.

http://www.poison-ivy.org/rash/right-arm.jpg

Muzikman
06-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Hmm, that looks a bit worse than mine. :)

Jpdst29
06-11-2008, 05:18 PM
i couldnt imagine having a blister that big. jason, didnt the urge to pop yours nag you night and day? i know it would have for me.

gearhead313
06-11-2008, 05:47 PM
taint relief FTW!

This is my saddle:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/gearhead313/Biking/saddle.jpg

Took me forever to find a deal on one. 175g, kevlar body, vanox rails and gel. It had everything I needed.. the taint channel is a must.

Sycotik Skier
06-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Trek and fisher are made by the same company. Basically trek owns fisher. I own a fisher and I love the way it rides. I was lookin at cannondale when I was in the market for a bike and I like the geometry of the Fisher better. Cannondale was going through problems at the time because of the demise of their ATV/ Motorcycle division. Cannondales are generally lighter bikes. I'm not sure if you are Pro american made or not but Cannondale is made in bedford, PA. Higher level trek and fishers are also made in the States.

As far as seats go I love the specialized body geometry seats and regardless of what seat I buy it has to have a love channel.

poison ivy sucks I have some right now that pretty much covers my legs from the top of the knee down. There have been several times I've had it over 99.9% of my body. I would take a hard fall on my bike over poison ivy but what really sucks is when your hard fall on a bike lands you in poison ivy.

Sycotik Skier
06-11-2008, 07:44 PM
yeah next time you guys plan on heading out there I'll tag along. I'm not scared

jeepxj3
06-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Theres a ton of trails up there, so next time we head up, ill def. be hitting those. That is until I get a FS DH bike ;)

Hey Joe! I see you lurking in the thread! :082:

NorthFaceZJ
06-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Sorry I would, but no bike and have not rode in 7-8 years. I was riding when you were still shitting your pants. So go big, or go to the Dr!

soo...your like 40?? go pound sand.

I would burn you in your prime. ever hear of NORBA? I took first place in the charity race back in the day.

again, stop the freaking drama or hop on a bike and ride. if i wanted drama i would get back with one of my x-gfs.

95TacoKid
06-11-2008, 08:34 PM
right now im not a fan of dirty harrys... everyone i talked to said they are an awesome shop bla bla bla so i figured i would check them out and ended up buying my bike there. Its about an hour drive for me just to get there but i didnt mind cause i thought i would get a bike put together by people who love what they are donig and not some punk who just wants a pay check at dicks.

Well after riding yesterday i noticed about 6 of my front spokes were so loose i could turn the nipple with my hand... after only having the bike for 2 weeks i was not happy at all. Yea i have one free tune up but ill be damned if im gonna use it on that after the short time i had it. So i ended up getting a spoke wrench and tightening them myself only to find just about every one on the front was loose... but its all good now... rant over :025:

gearhead313
06-11-2008, 09:11 PM
right now im not a fan of dirty harrys... everyone i talked to said they are an awesome shop bla bla bla so i figured i would check them out and ended up buying my bike there. Its about an hour drive for me just to get there but i didnt mind cause i thought i would get a bike put together by people who love what they are donig and not some punk who just wants a pay check at dicks.

Well after riding yesterday i noticed about 6 of my front spokes were so loose i could turn the nipple with my hand... after only having the bike for 2 weeks i was not happy at all. Yea i have one free tune up but ill be damned if im gonna use it on that after the short time i had it. So i ended up getting a spoke wrench and tightening them myself only to find just about every one on the front was loose... but its all good now... rant over :025:

I bet if you would have taken it back to them, they would have fixed it for nothing. I bought my Gary Fisher there and was really happy with all the help they gave. I dont see why they wouldn't help you in a second on it.

...and did you just randomly tighten all the loose spokes??

jeepxj3
06-11-2008, 09:21 PM
I bet if you would have taken it back to them, they would have fixed it for nothing. I bought my Gary Fisher there and was really happy with all the help they gave. I dont see why they wouldn't help you in a second on it.

...and did you just randomly tighten all the loose spokes??

x2, I had the same problem with my brakes and headset being loose, they fixed it no charge. Barry, Scott, and Evan are really great guys, and always willing to talk and help you out.

oh, and randomly tightening spokes can throw your wheel out of true.

always broke
06-11-2008, 09:30 PM
http://jalopnik.com/393601/giant-vulva-bicycle-taxi-is-freudian-wet-dream

I thought this was fitting. A giant vagina on a bike.

Jpdst29
06-11-2008, 09:34 PM
i would probably just tighten the spokes myself too instead of driving an hour out there to have someone do it.

i was looking into dirty harrys too...it will be about an hour drive for me too...more if traffic sucks. but i agree i would rather have a pro put together my bike that i am gonna beat the shit out of than some retard somewhere else.

Jpdst29
06-11-2008, 09:35 PM
I thought this was fitting. A giant vagina on a bike.

so that's what a vagina looks like up close. you see new things everyday. :p:

XJchris98
06-11-2008, 09:50 PM

WTF, you were like 10 minutes from mi casa and you didnt call me? lol :lame:

Lemme know next time your in the area.:035:

2002wranglerX
06-11-2008, 09:54 PM
x2, I had the same problem with my brakes and headset being loose, they fixed it no charge. Barry, Scott, and Evan are really great guys, and always willing to talk and help you out.

oh, and randomly tightening spokes can throw your wheel out of true.

pretty sure evan has a jeep. the one young guy has a YJ there.

jeepxj3
06-11-2008, 10:20 PM
pretty sure evan has a jeep. the one young guy has a YJ there.

yeah he did, not anymore, he rides everywhere now! :037:

2002wranglerX
06-12-2008, 07:49 AM
yeah he did, not anymore, he rides everywhere now! :037:

lol ya. i've run into him on the rails to trails before. He rides from oakland to dirty harry's! dude's crazy. he rides that on a fixie!

jeepxj3
06-12-2008, 08:20 AM
lol ya. i've run into him on the rails to trails before. He rides from oakland to dirty harry's! dude's crazy. he rides that on a fixie!

29er mind you! He went to the same HS as I did.

OverkillZJ
06-12-2008, 08:35 AM
soo...your like 40?? go pound sand.

I would burn you in your prime. ever hear of NORBA? I took first place in the charity race back in the day.

again, stop the freaking drama or hop on a bike and ride. if i wanted drama i would get back with one of my x-gfs.

You're sounding like a drama queen. Take the joke, note the "to the dr." part in reference to JeepXJ3's comments. It was funny. Quit being a whiny little biotch.

Pot, meet kettle!

jeepxj3
06-12-2008, 10:43 AM
You're sounding like a drama queen. Take the joke, note the "to the dr." part in reference to JeepXJ3's comments. It was funny. Quit being a whiny little biotch.

Pot, meet kettle!

wow Matt, it was a joke... way to miss it entirely... :overkill:

OverkillZJ
06-12-2008, 10:53 AM
I hate you.

jeepxj3
06-12-2008, 11:47 AM
I hate you.

:082: I knowz it!

OverkillZJ
06-12-2008, 11:56 AM
:overkill:

jeepxj3
06-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Got my new seat on and have been out on the trails twice since my accident. Last night Cyrus and I found a bunch of new trails that we had never run before at Hartwood Acres. Alot of technical stuff, switchbacks, rocks, logs, ect. makes it hard to stay on the bike going uphill on some of that stuff. Either way uphill or downhill its a blast to run.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/JeepXJ3/Mountain%20Biking/ATT000119.jpg
Sh!tty cell phone pic.

(this was last night right after the downpour.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/JeepXJ3/Mountain%20Biking/ATT00007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/JeepXJ3/Mountain%20Biking/ATT00016.jpg

I wish I would have gotten more pics along the trail but we didnt stop much, so the one spot we did stop I grabbed some pix. And yes, you could call it a mud run. Made things all the more fun!

2002wranglerX
06-24-2008, 11:04 AM
I'll come meet you guys sometime. i can't ride untill at least friday. I had lasik on friday and i can't even touch my eyes for a week!

maybe saturday or sunday...