PDA

View Full Version : This Saturday will be priceless.

OverkillZJ
09-21-2005, 03:39 PM
So some people are coming to take the remains of my ZJ on Saturday. Bumpers, shafts, everything that's going to be useless for the long term build of the buggy-phoenix.

I think I'm going to feel inspired and start taking out the glass, doors off, and maybe... just maybe... cutting the top of it off. Ok, probably cutting the top off because I'm really looking forward to it :lol:

Who wants to watch? I'll be starting at around 9-10 am and should be betting to the "juicy stuff" noonish. Should be a good time. Bring some beer and a lawn chair or some gloves, haha

xsjado
09-22-2005, 12:28 AM
I'm so in!

what kinda beer would you like??? 8)

Bill
09-22-2005, 09:32 AM
I want to be there (Remember, everyone needs a designated cameraman!) I am in class in Slippery Rock until 5 PM, but I can be at your place by 6-ish.

Wait for it... Wait for it...

Happycamper
09-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Now that sounds like fun!! Count me in, should be over by noonish.

jeeptj98
09-22-2005, 12:18 PM
i want to come too

jeff will u let me follow u over there

Happycamper
09-22-2005, 01:44 PM
yeah Rich, just give me a call when you can.

Matt your gonna have a full driveway! We might have to park a few over the hill!!! 8O

r6cyclegal
09-22-2005, 03:01 PM
That's why he bought the house with the big driveway!!!! He knew it would be used. :wink:

MF Steve!
09-22-2005, 03:06 PM
f the driveway! fill the front yard up and draw some attention!!!

OverkillZJ
09-22-2005, 03:38 PM
f the driveway! fill the front yard up and draw some attention!!!

LMAO, back yard is fair game as long as it didn't rain. If anyone parks their rig in my front lawn, YOU WILL DIE! I worked my ass off this summer getting that grass looking good, LOL.

I'm taking tomorrow afternoon off work to hang lights an organize tools so I can get right to it Saturday, I can't believe I'm looking forward to this 8)

Might go guy a video camera to... the Samsung Mini-DV's are probably crap, but they're REALLY CHEAP!

MF Steve!
09-22-2005, 04:23 PM
dont even think about takin $ outta that truck fund fool! haha, just borrow one from somebody

OverkillZJ
09-22-2005, 04:39 PM
dont even think about takin $ outta that truck fund fool! haha, just borrow one from somebody

I was think more like FatCat should buy one to document network installs, eh? ;)

I would rather borrow, but Branon never got back to me, and I don't know anyone else with a Mini-DV

OverkillZJ
09-22-2005, 05:00 PM
I'm so in!

what kinda beer would you like??? 8)

Beers not for me, just sayin' if you're comin' to chill, bring some for yourselves to drink cause only Steve gets to drink my good beer since he helps me 24/7 8)

fordfourby
09-22-2005, 07:08 PM
i'm gonna be doing my timing chain saturday, i'd love to see the results though

xsjado
09-23-2005, 01:33 PM
i cant make it till about 3:30 now, i hope i dont miss much. :roll:

OverkillZJ
09-23-2005, 05:42 PM
I just bought a mini-dv video camera, 4 good shoplights for the tent, 10 cut off blades, and 5 5" cutoff wheels. I'm set! :twisted:

OverkillZJ
09-24-2005, 07:31 PM
It is done. :twisted:

xsjado
09-24-2005, 09:21 PM
it was fun.

MF Steve!
09-25-2005, 02:56 AM
crazy...best day of destruction ever. ooo the ideas, and visions. cant wait

r6cyclegal
09-26-2005, 07:43 AM
That was fun but I missed the best part :( What time did you finally cut her?

r6cyclegal
09-26-2005, 07:59 AM
OK I looked, now I must ask:

Where the F are the pictures?!?!?!

:worthless:

Happycamper
09-27-2005, 09:54 AM
x2!!

I expected pics Sat. night!!!!

Bill
09-27-2005, 10:00 AM
I am a little shocked there were no pics posted.

Happycamper
09-27-2005, 10:18 AM
Did you get to see it yet Bill? It's really cool. I've come to the conclusion that Matt's Jeep is his canvas. It was definitly priceless to see cutting wheels and sawzalls hacking it up!! Matt was like a five year old on Christmas morning when it was done!! It was on display for anyone who drove Boyce rd. Saturday night and at least early Sunday. While we were standing in his front yard looking at it, we noticed every car slow down and give a WTF kind of look!

r6cyclegal
09-27-2005, 10:27 AM
Matt's a slacker!!!

Most of it was on video but there are some pics.

Bill
09-27-2005, 12:06 PM
Did you get to see it yet Bill? It's really cool. I've come to the conclusion that Matt's Jeep is his canvas. It was definitly priceless to see cutting wheels and sawzalls hacking it up!! Matt was like a five year old on Christmas morning when it was done!! It was on display for anyone who drove Boyce rd. Saturday night and at least early Sunday. While we were standing in his front yard looking at it, we noticed every car slow down and give a WTF kind of look!

I had a pic on my cellphone, I may run down there one night this week...

OverkillZJ
09-27-2005, 03:29 PM
The suspense is annoying mallcrawlin even more. This is fun.

I'll buy a new card reader on the way home today, but that'll be like 10pm. That means I'll have had a 16 hour day at school, WOHOO!

MF Steve!
09-27-2005, 03:35 PM
ive got this mental picture...of how its gonna look completed. and everyone is dying of suspense to see it, while im dying to start workin on it w/ ya...

r6cyclegal
09-27-2005, 03:39 PM
I just want to know if Steve and Matt's ideas are both the same or if they will be working to make it 2 different things. :lol:

Happycamper
09-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Did your mom and dad see it yet? I know when they stopped by on Sat. afternoon, they seemed like OMG!! I thought your mom was gonna cry when you told her the plan!!

r6cyclegal
09-27-2005, 03:44 PM
I was going to ask about your mom. She didn't take the parts pile well...

OverkillZJ
09-27-2005, 04:13 PM
My mom would cry over it. She never understood it, haha.

My dad's mildly amused but he'll never admit it. He is, after all, the guy that took his last company vehicle (the WJ) and lifted it, put MT's on it, rock rails, etc. He then proceeded to sink it 3 feet into the Pine Barons the second week he had it, filling it with water.

I took him for a short ride in it before the Game Sunday, I think he'll be back into the offroad sport with it when he doesn't have body damage to worry about :wink:

I think Steve and I are pretty much on the same page. We both looked at the same elevinty billion pictures of ZJ buggies and came out liking the same features from the same ones. I can't wait to really get started on it, but I probably won't have a tubing bender until Santa Season.

It still looks too much like a ZJ to me. On Saturday, I'm planning on cutting out the rockers, cutting out the rear floor pan and fenders off, and pretty much getting it down to bare frame all but the front seat area... I might even get into starting to cut off "uneeded" metal in the front area. By Uneeded, I mean anything not supporting the engine, LMAO

I think I've decided to leave the dash intact though, at least for now. Main reason is because it'll really be the only evidence that it ever was really a Grand Cherokee, but also... Air conditionign and HEAT in a buggy will be nice, haha.

r6cyclegal
09-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Just don't cut too much off and then wish you hadn't. It might be nice to have a backseat and place to carry stuff in a buggy :dunno

You should let it resemble a Grand somehow or no one will believe where it came from without pics. 8O Besides heat would kick butt :)

OverkillZJ
09-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Pictures of "so far" are up - http://www.pghoffroad.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=7256#7256