PDA

View Full Version : Revolver's on the XJ?????

bigblackjeep95
09-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Just wanting to get some opinions on what you guys think of putting a set of revolver shackles on a XJ. I'm currently running a Rock Krawler 8" Long Arm, the rear lift is 4.5" leafs, 2" blocks, and 1.5" shackles. Broke 3 leafs on the left rear and broke the r/s rear shock over the weekend. I have a set of RE XD 4.5" (6) leafs on the way with a set of Rock Krawler Long Travel shocks for the rear of the XJ. Right now the front flex's GREAT :) , but the rear just plain SUCKS :evil: I was reading some mixed reviews on the revolvers, ppl saying they unload when not supposed to on downhills and such. My g/f's YJ had them when we first bought it, but pulled em b/c it rode horrible on the HW and its more of a DD. Will the YJ revolvers fit on the XJ's, haven't looked into that too much, and do you think I'll notice a huge difference if off-road performance.

What would you guys recommend :?:

Barry

MF Steve!
09-22-2005, 03:05 PM
custom coil rear! cmon...everyones doin it. you knooooow you want to try it!

bigblackjeep95
09-22-2005, 04:34 PM
custom coil rear! cmon...everyones doin it. you knooooow you want to try it!

Come on man western union me about 2g's and i'll slap em on there :lol: If I didn't just dump a lil over 3g's into in the last 2 weeks, I would probally do it :xmas

MF Steve!
09-22-2005, 04:48 PM
2 grand???? nooo way man. i said "custom" meaning...me-fab. like diy mofo. i plan on doin my whole front and rear setup for about 2g's

ZJDRE
09-23-2005, 05:24 AM
LOL might as well buy a ZJ or WJ now barry

bigblackjeep95
09-23-2005, 07:36 AM
LOL might as well buy a ZJ or WJ now barry

are u smokin some crack? After all the time and money I've put in this thing NOOOOOO way man, I'll just keep addin on. I may go with some 1/4 elliptical's through greg after income tax season :P

bigblackjeep95
09-23-2005, 10:25 AM
2 grand???? nooo way man. i said "custom" meaning...me-fab. like diy mofo. i plan on doin my whole front and rear setup for about 2g's

OOOOOOOO 8O I'm not that crafty with metal and welding to do something like that :( may go with 1/4 elliptical after the tax season is all done and get some $$$ back..."hopefully"

MF Steve!
09-23-2005, 03:54 PM
well...just let me know. im crafty, and crazy enough to do it...

bigblaze
09-23-2005, 04:44 PM
the yj revolvers will not work on the xj. i had revolvers on the front axle of my s-10 and did not like them, they would unload and the front end would lift up around 9". it had alot of body roll on the street.

MF Steve!
09-23-2005, 05:00 PM
they will work. you need to change the hanger. thats all...and as for revolvers on a s-10...

bigblackjeep95
09-23-2005, 05:22 PM
well...just let me know. im crafty, and crazy enough to do it...sweet man, gotta build up the ol bank account again.........guess i gotta sell my left nut now :hammerbang

bigblackjeep95
09-23-2005, 05:24 PM
the yj revolvers will not work on the xj. i had revolvers on the front axle of my s-10 and did not like them, they would unload and the front end would lift up around 9". it had alot of body roll on the street.
Hey man this is Barry I was with Matt on the c'ville run a couple weeks ago. Finally got my ride back, you guys will have to come back down again, we got some more trails mapped out up there. Can't remember your names though..........is it Tim & Amy?

MF Steve!
09-23-2005, 05:24 PM
oh and btw...teraflex does make a revolver for the xj, incase you were unaware.

http://www.teraflx.com/productImages/RXJ.jpg

bigblackjeep95
09-23-2005, 05:28 PM
oh and btw...teraflex does make a revolver for the xj, incase you were unaware.

http://www.teraflx.com/productImages/RXJ.jpg
yeah i know, but my g/f has a set off her YJ i was gonna steal be4 buying a set :D

MF Steve!
09-23-2005, 05:29 PM
heres the installation pdf: http://www.teraflx.com/installsheets/RXJ_install.pdf

they also give you another 1.5" of lift...

MF Steve!
09-23-2005, 05:31 PM
i could always use that "craftiness" and modify them too...

bigblackjeep95
09-23-2005, 05:37 PM
cool man!!! where r u located? I'll have to keep you in mind for some other things i may need in the future

MF Steve!
09-23-2005, 05:46 PM
im 3 miles from downtown pittsburgh. youre gonna have to come up and check out matts buggy project sooner or later, so you could bring your revolvers and ideas then...or send them to me bla bla bla