PDA

View Full Version : 7Springs Free Lift pass weekend!!!

jeepxj3
07-11-2008, 09:18 AM
http://www.7springs.com/page/calendars.detail/date/1858/event/497.html

Who's going?!

http://www.7springs.com/photos/calendars/lg/497.jpg

Seven Springs Bike Park is pleased to announce the 2008 FREE Ride Weekend, July 12 – 13, 2008.

The Bike Park Crew has been building some sweet new trails in the Seven Springs Bike Park and would like to invite riders to come ride the park for FREE – That’s right, unlimited FREE lift tickets all weekend long! The high-speed, six-passenger chairlift will be running extended hours from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., July 12 – 13.

Additionally, there will be FREE bicycle test rides from Kona, Trek Factory, Trek WSD and Santa Cruz Bicycles. In addition to their standard fleet, Trek will be making a special delivery of 2008 Remedy and Session freeride bikes. All combined, there will be more than 100 bikes available for riders to test ride at no charge.

Riders can choose between a variety of chairlift-accessed trails ranging from entry-level cross-country trails to expert-only downhill and freeride trails. Plenty of flowy, fun and exciting trails for riders looking for a mild bike path to share with their family or an epic freeride trail complete with ladder bridges, rock drops, fall-line sections and 20+ foot jumps.

Of course, it’s also nice to have a good après ride party, so the Foggy Goggle Bar is the place $2 drafts and a barbecue starting at 11 a.m. each day. Be sure to catch the live entertainment at the Bavarian Beach later each evening. And for riders who want to stay all weekend, there is a special lodging rate starting at $135 available for FREE Ride participants. On top of all that, Seven Springs is even giving away a new bike to one lucky rider.

How do riders get involved in the FREE Ride Weekend? Just show up at the Foggy Goggle bar on July 12 and 13 with the proper safety gear to ride the park and test ride bikes for FREE. Call (866) 437-1300 early to reserve your lodging, since the special rate is first-come-first-served and the hotel is almost full!

Event Schedule
Sat., July 12 and Sun., July 13

8:30 a.m. - Ticket Registration
9 a.m. - Lifts open
11 a.m. - BBQ begins
6 p.m. - Lifts close
6:30 p.m. - Prize raffle

Catch the premier of Seasons, a film about extreme mountain biking by The Collective, at 7 p.m., Saturday in the Foggy Goggle!

Live entertainment for the FREE Ride includes:
Backstreets Unplugged on the Bavarian Beach, 7 p.m. - 11 p.m., Saturday.
The Flow Band on the Bavarian Beach, 2 p.m. - 6 p.m., Sunday
DJ Doug on the Bavarian Beach, 7 p.m. - 11 p.m., Sunday

gearhead313
07-11-2008, 09:36 AM
im really going to try to make time for this!!

jeepxj3
07-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Im gonna try for tomorrow, if I go you should be able to find me in the All Mountain terrain park.

Ronin152
07-11-2008, 09:53 AM
The only thing about springs is like the one dude said you want to get away from people, there are a ton of people there. Jason you should check out this trail up there in laurel mountain state park.

jeepxj3
07-11-2008, 12:04 PM
The only thing about springs is like the one dude said you want to get away from people, there are a ton of people there. Jason you should check out this trail up there in laurel mountain state park.

IDK what your talking about... Both times I was there I only ran into 1 group out on the trails (not the downhill) and they were headed in the other direction.

OverkillZJ
07-11-2008, 12:20 PM
I really need to get a new mountain bike...

Ronin152
07-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Oh I was just speaking of 7s in general I am more there in the winter and its a drunk fest. But Iguess not as many in the summer.

jeepxj3
07-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Oh I was just speaking of 7s in general I am more there in the winter and its a drunk fest. But Iguess not as many in the summer.

def. not as many people there in the summer. Its pretty much dead. Oh and im one of those drunk idiots you run into in the winter :040:

OverkillZJ
07-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Speaking of winter and 7 springs, I need to ski a lot more this winter, I'm itching to land on another pine tree!

Ronin152
07-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Haha I don't mind it just when your on the slope or in the park and your getting ready to do something and some drunk cuts right in front of you its like Doh!

jeepxj3
07-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Well im a go, PM me if you guys want to meet up. Like I said, more than likely ill be in the woods rockin the all mountain trails.

Oh and Matt,

Additionally, there will be FREE bicycle test rides from Kona, Trek Factory, Trek WSD and Santa Cruz Bicycles.

jeepxj3
07-12-2008, 09:49 PM
what a blast!!! we rode the downhill all day, i didnt get a chance to hit the all mountain trails. they had a ton of demo bikes and i def. need to invest in one of there things! they make jumps TOO easy.

the demo biles ranged from pretty much anything, 29ers, ht and fs, 69ers, and downhill bikes from mild to wild. i rode a stinky deluxe and it made it look too easy. i even hit all of the expert hills on it. granted im not fast bit still made it down in decent speed and didnt fall off.

http://www.konaworld.com/bikes/2k8/images/625/2K8_STINKYDELUXE.jpg

its def. somthing to try, i cant wait to go again, maybe next time with a bike to take the abuse!!!

2002wranglerX
07-12-2008, 11:17 PM
nice! i'm headed out tomorrow rain be damned!

jeepxj3
07-13-2008, 12:54 AM
ride yous on the downhill then demo a kona downhill bike and you will see what im talking about. have fun! i hope the weather works with ya!

jeepxj3
07-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Pix from the weekend:
July 12
http://cu.7springs.com/pages/event_galleries.php?event=348

July 13
http://cu.7springs.com/pages/event_galleries.php?event=349

2002wranglerX
07-13-2008, 02:49 PM
rained on and off and got SOUPY!headed home now. bit it once and the day ended with a damn pinch flat. no big deal I was beat anyway!

jeepxj3
07-13-2008, 03:15 PM
damn you called it quits early!!! we rode until 5ish, and the lifts were still going! did you try the pump course? 29ers dont fare too well on it.

2002wranglerX
07-13-2008, 04:08 PM
damn you called it quits early!!! we rode until 5ish, and the lifts were still going! did you try the pump course? 29ers dont fare too well on it.

ya that thing was pretty cool.

we bailed when i had to drive to the bike shop to get a 29er tube. I need to buy a stack of em and keep em with me. pinch flats seem to be a fat guy/29r thing. we had been there since like 9:30 this morning lol. we put in plenty of riding for us. Plus with how sloppy it was. no sense getting hurt while getting tired. plus most of the vendors packed up before noon! santa cruz put their stuff away as soon as it rained lol. same with trek.

tell ya what though. i pinch flatted that tire at teh top of the hill. 1/2 way down i noticed something didn't feel right, 3/4 of the way down things got scary when i was losing the rear end at speed!

jeepxj3
07-13-2008, 10:39 PM
sounds scary! did you demo any bikes?

2002wranglerX
07-13-2008, 10:56 PM
sounds scary! did you demo any bikes?

nope. we rode some early on, then kona had a 2 hour wait because all the other bike companies packed up when it started to rain. The santa cruz guys said they didn't want to be cleaning muddy bikes all night...

2002wranglerX
07-13-2008, 11:02 PM
hahaha i need to go on a diet

http://cu.7springs.com/pages/big_photo.php?mm=1648770&gallery=298695

jeepxj3
07-14-2008, 12:06 AM
hahaha i need to go on a diet

http://cu.7springs.com/pages/big_photo.php?mm=1648770&gallery=298695

:082: You said it not I, you need to bike more!!! Let me know next time you want to head up there. Im game!

gearhead313
07-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Man, that was a blast! Too bad that picture was taken of us early on instead of later! The trails were just crazy. You definitly see where you stand quick after all the crazy people. I think we did pretty good considering.

Yeah, demo'ing a bike wasnt happening. I think it was before noon when I heard someone say everyone was shut down except kona which had the 2 hour wait.

jeepxj3
07-14-2008, 12:28 PM
thats a shame, I couldnt have asked for a better day than Saturday to ride, perfect blue skys, fast hard pack dirt, ect. My only complaint was there was too many people on the hill that shouldnt have been there in the first place... Hell there were old farts on the course that had cruiser bikes with racks on them!!! WTF!!!

Muzikman
07-14-2008, 12:30 PM
And the hardcore freeride guys probably thought you shouldn't have been there.

jeepxj3
07-14-2008, 12:34 PM

probably, unfortunatly I porbably have more time on those trails than they have!!! :082:

trailerrails
07-19-2008, 05:59 PM

X2

I went up there on Thursday and there was a couple guys riding up there on hardtails who were well over their heads. On an XC trail they probaly would have been fine but it sucks when you come up on them going more than twice their speed in the jump line and have to slow down.

A couple years ago when I lived out west I was on a double black diamond DH trail and I came up on a guy on a hardtail. It was a section of trail that was real rocky with some big drops but I knew it like the back of my hand so I was blowing through it at full speed. When a trail is real bad all my energy is going tword keeping the bike on the trail and I can't devote too much to slowing down. So I hit this guy square in his rear wheel at nearly full speed. The impact spit the bike out from under him and 30 or 40 feet down the trail, he ended up on my handlebars and then we both went down. Luckily he was ok barring a couple minor scrapes. Sure it was my fault because I hit him from behind but if he was riding the proper bike (Dh or Free ride bike) he would have been moving much faster and I would have had the time to slow down for him. Also he had no business being on a double black trail. Now if this happened on a green trail or a blue then I could understand more but I don't go nearly as fast on those trails.

So to get to the point: I am sure you could ride any of the trails up there on your bike but you are endangering yourself and others if you ride trails over your head. I could ride all the trails up there on my cyclocross bike if I wanted.

2002wranglerX
07-19-2008, 07:14 PM
X2

I went up there on Thursday and there was a couple guys riding up there on hardtails who were well over their heads. On an XC trail they probaly would have been fine but it sucks when you come up on them going more than twice their speed in the jump line and have to slow down.

A couple years ago when I lived out west I was on a double black diamond DH trail and I came up on a guy on a hardtail. It was a section of trail that was real rocky with some big drops but I knew it like the back of my hand so I was blowing through it at full speed. When a trail is real bad all my energy is going tword keeping the bike on the trail and I can't devote too much to slowing down. So I hit this guy square in his rear wheel at nearly full speed. The impact spit the bike out from under him and 30 or 40 feet down the trail, he ended up on my handlebars and then we both went down. Luckily he was ok barring a couple minor scrapes. Sure it was my fault because I hit him from behind but if he was riding the proper bike (Dh or Free ride bike) he would have been moving much faster and I would have had the time to slow down for him. Also he had no business being on a double black trail. Now if this happened on a green trail or a blue then I could understand more but I don't go nearly as fast on those trails.

So to get to the point: I am sure you could ride any of the trails up there on your bike but you are endangering yourself and others if you ride trails over your head. I could ride all the trails up there on my cyclocross bike if I wanted.

that's why I stuck to te easy trail. I only saw 2 other people on it. it was like the fun section on your favorite xc trail. I was staying the hell off the seriousstuff but still had a goodtime