PDA

View Full Version : Rock Slider Question

fsidari
11-21-2004, 10:19 PM
I'm looking at the rock slider bars posted in the Market Place and was wondering if anyone here had an opinion to share. I have a body lift on my TJ and have been looking into some rocker protection.

Bill
11-21-2004, 11:22 PM
I have the Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers with the sliders. I am happy with them. I do have some issues with the protection not going all the way from fender well to fender well, but that is with every brand out there.

LordAthens
11-21-2004, 11:23 PM
Personally, from what I've seen, i'm a fan of body\tub mounted rocker protection.

Any type of frame mounted rock rails i've seen will flex, some enough to bed into the tub and damage the rockers.

Since you have a body lift, chances are slim that they would ever flex enough to touch the tub, though they might look a little goofy due to the gap that you wouldn't have with a body mounted set.

That being said, i'm not familiar with the ones that are FS in the Marketplace, so I can't comment on if they'll flex or not.

mrpistol
11-22-2004, 01:06 PM
as soon as i have the $, i think i'll be going with Warn's....they look similar to sun performace rocker guards (what i originally wanted), but i guess sun performance is out of business from what i gather.

i don't really like the 'tubular' look...even on rocker guards. i do want a little ledge though. Big Daddy's look similar as well, but i think that ledge is a little thicker on theirs

no matter what, i'll be going with the body mounted type with the addition of tough stuff rocker guard gaskets

i have seen people fill their body lift "gap" quite nicely with frame mounted rock sliders...

dygaar
11-22-2004, 01:39 PM
I had the Carolina Rock Shop rocker guards and they were pretty nice. They did go all the way from wheel well to wheel well and you needed to trim the fender flares to fit over them.

2002wranglerX
11-22-2004, 04:51 PM
i have had both tomken and now i have ORF

the tomkens were nice if you don't have a body lift, they keep you out away from trees and stuff.

teh orf's are better for clearance, but they let trees and stuff hit the body.