PDA

View Full Version : Checking in.

PK
11-22-2004, 11:13 AM
Hello from me (Patrick).

I have three cars, each of which is in some state of mechanical disarray.

99 Jeep TJ which I drive each day is closing in on 80k miles, and has been having some transmission-ish issues with near-stalling, and power loss. Until it gets better or gets worse enough to really diagnose, I continue to drive it. 2" BB with MT/Rs that have never seen anything but pavement, how sad but necessary for now.

89 Jeep XJ is completely gutted. I will be removing the engine in one or two weekends, now that I have a working hoist and stand. It's a slow process, but I hope to have it back in one piece with no more engine knock (had a spun bearing), in about a month maybe. Have a new-ish crank, and replacement rod/pistons for it, also going to do rings and bearings and have the head and block machined. Doing engine mounts too while I am there, and complete gasket kit for top/bottom.

74 AMC Javelin has all the seats out, carpeting out. I have replaced the front left fender with a rust-free now dent free ebay part, primed. Need to have some welding work done on the floorboard and rockers, which are rusted through. Runs, tiny straight six 232. Probably needs valve stem seals and rings, since it smokes a bit. Have the full head kit for it, but the body work is what holds me up from driving it. Have top/bottom gasket set for it, but going to wait on those. 3spd manual... black, sweet looking car, just needs love.

And that's all my current car issues. Thank you and good night.

PS - Bill's signature is too big.

PPS - I miss the spam.

LordAthens
11-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Glad to see you here Patrick :)

slush box or standard on your TJ?

Bill
11-22-2004, 12:03 PM
You all hate the sig... :roll:

PK
11-22-2004, 12:08 PM
Automatic. I haven't enough evidence to commit to the idea that it is actually the transmission, because it also has some weird behavior in neutral. But, when it does start to lose power?RPMs start to bottom out, and I don't let off the gas or stamp it, and just keep my foot where it's at, something clunks under there... but it isn't so easy to reproduce, or to tell that it is transmission., and not some other culprit.

LordAthens
11-22-2004, 12:15 PM
blah. Automatics are nothing but voodoo slush boxes! ;) It could be anything with those voodooy things!

Bill
11-22-2004, 12:17 PM
blah. Automatics are nothing but voodoo slush boxes! ;) It could be anything with those voodooy things!

Dont you want an auto in the new Jeep Brandon? :smt120

LordAthens
11-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Yes :)

I'm not as scared of them when they have a 7\70 warranty behind them.

OverkillZJ
11-22-2004, 01:21 PM
PS - Bill's signature is too big.

PPS - I miss the spam.

Bills sig is WAY go big... and he uses it every... darn... post...

Glad to see you made it over here, and hope you figure out the issues on one of your two offroaders, we need to get you back on the trail. Who knows, maybe even another light-core GWNF run, that was possibly some of the easiest offroading I've ever done, but the most fun. :partyman:

As for missing the spam - BLAH!