PDA

View Full Version : Campground Review: Breakneck Campground

Bill
08-24-2008, 10:24 PM
http://www.breakneckcampground.com/

So a few of us that were heading up to JeepFest decided to make it a weekend and do some semi-local camping. After doing a little research we eneded up at Brakneck Campground in Portersville PA. The campground ended up being outstanding. The guy that owns / runs the place is a younger guy, and a Jeep owner at that. He was polite, the place was well run, and the price was cheap in comparison to the other campgrounds in the same area. We ended up paying $7.00 per person each night. The campsites were nice, clean, and well kept. The showers were a 5 out of 10, but it is camping. When all things are considered showers are nothing more than an added bonus.

I will definitely be heading back there again, and I would recommend the place to anyone looking to do a little local weekend camping getaway.

Mel85CJ
08-25-2008, 10:20 AM
I was in an events planning class 2 or 3 years ago at BC3 with the owners wife (well, I'm sure she is the owner too). Really nice lady. When I took the class, they just had tent sites... do they have hookup sites up there now?

That is also where they have a Haunted Hayride every year.. it is pretty fun.

Mel

pghxterra
08-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Despite being left with soap all over you..... ????

HAHA

Bill
08-25-2008, 02:45 PM
I was in an events planning class 2 or 3 years ago at BC3 with the owners wife (well, I'm sure she is the owner too). Really nice lady. When I took the class, they just had tent sites... do they have hookup sites up there now?

That is also where they have a Haunted Hayride every year.. it is pretty fun.

Mel

They had a couple of small travel trailers there. I am assuming that they have at least some hookups. They were also in the process of setting up some of the haunted hayride displays and it looks pretty elaborate.

Bill
08-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Despite being left with soap all over you..... ????

HAHA

Well, yes. That is no fault of the campground. Just the idiot on 422 that knocked out the power...

90LiftedYJ
08-25-2008, 03:55 PM
that place is awesome. we go to moraine state park ever year and me and a bunchof friends camp out there one night. we always have had a good time there. and like bill said the owner is really nice. there is alot of hiking and other stuff to do right around there.

koenig
02-13-2009, 03:30 PM
One of my favorite's as far as actual campgrounds go. It's right on the edge of McConnells mill state park(not in the park) so you can legally drink in the campground. There are more secluded sites if you walk down over the hill. If you follow the road down the hill you can see a really neat waterfall that you can wash off under. It not uncommom for us to spend all day here. Best access to this waterfall is hiking downstream along the creek. At the bottom of the hill is slippery rock creek that is popular to whitewater rafters and kayakers. Last time we were their rocky mountain kayak was hosting this big training day and we just so happened to have our boats so we fit right in. Moraine state park is 10 min. away if you want a big lake to fish or boat in. Last time I was their hiking I was climbing a waterfall (I know not a bright idea) and fell and hit my head pretty good. Lesson learned there. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.