PDA

View Full Version : My New Ride

quicksilver_rubicon
10-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Yes some know, but some don't. I had a local lot buy my Rubicon from me and got a new old vehicle to drive around.

Did I want this to happen?

Yes and no. Yes I want to buy a house in the next few months, and yes I want to start a family shortly after.
No I really didn't want to get rid of it but, yes family is more important and toys will follow afterwards.

I'll still be around hopefully building dad's YJ up a bit and if not, I possibly will get another and be back out.

But for now, I will be driving this around.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/rubiconandzj/Truck/NewTruck.jpg

crazyasianofpa
10-12-2008, 10:31 AM
That's not as bad looking ride. I wouldn't be ashamed driving that around. You did what you did to benefit your future family so there should be no guilt in that.

I just resigned from a job I had every intentions of retiring from so that I could move my fiance and daughters 100 miles north so that so that my fiance could be closer to her family. She's much happier now and my daughters have their cousins. My oldest daughter has her 1st real friend. It was worth it.

You gotta do what you gotta do.

Good luck on your future family.

Gary

projeeper
10-12-2008, 11:01 AM
toys come and go family is forever,i,ve had the same wife for 32 yrs how she put up with me i,ll never know.the kids will grow and go and there,ll be a lot of sacrifices in between.i had always wanted a jeep it just took me a lot longer than expected and if i come across a good deal solid and cheap i,ll turn you on to it.find any good pie yet?

highlandercj-7
10-12-2008, 11:08 AM
nice truck I had a black one like it. It was a good truck. Only thing I wished it was a Cummins and it would have been still here. The toys may folow after the family but it takes 10 times longer. Yeah it's worth it, but everytime I goto a car sow or what not I miss my car or have to tow something I miss my truck lol. Your Dad will think your 16 again, lol, Dad can I borrow the truck? Atleast I know my kinda does lol..

.J u s t i n
10-12-2008, 03:24 PM
That thing is sweet. I would not be ashamed to drive that at all...I mean sure its not a Rubi but still

jeepin ruby
10-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Nice Dodge, my uncle has almost the exact same one. I still like that body style over the new ones. And I here ya about ditchin the Jeep for the family. I had to get rid of my TJ to make room for our little one. I have an XJ now and its not bad, but I miss my TJ. Ill get another someday but for now Im rockin the XJ.

trailblaze
10-12-2008, 05:00 PM
i've seen a few of then looking like that down at the auction... shit for the price they are going for now days, i wouldn't mind pickin one up!!

stillersfan
10-12-2008, 09:56 PM
be careful with the ball joints the stocks dont have fittings so they get beat up quick but the aftermarkets do have grease fittings. oh and a really good exhaust for that truck is made by gibson I had one on my 98 dakota with the 318 it gives great sound and better low end. nice truck! good luck with it

EddyB
10-12-2008, 10:36 PM
be careful with the ball joints the stocks dont have fittings so they get beat up quick but the aftermarkets do have grease fittings.

That was a problem with the Dakota's, not the full size.

quicksilver_rubicon
10-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Thanks all. The dealer put a new wheel bearing in, which the Rams do have problems with and I will keep an eye on both of them.

And for the exhaust, it has a Flowmaster muffler splitting to two 2 1/2" dual tips. It does make the 360 come alive.

92YJCBG
10-13-2008, 01:43 AM
And for the exhaust, it has a Flowmaster muffler splitting to two 2 1/2" dual tips. It does make the 360 come alive.

My buddy has that set up, it sounds mean.

BigDukeSix
10-13-2008, 06:38 AM
Nice truck.
x2 on toys coming and going.
x1000 on family being top priority. To me thats a the mark of a good man.

Ragnorox
10-13-2008, 10:05 AM
I love my 98, I have put over 90,000 miles on it in the last 5 years. Other than replacing both front wheel bearings twice (never by the cheap Chinese ones from Advansed) she has done right by me untill I threw a shim in the rear last year. Now she just sits untill I figure out what to do with it. Also be careful not to over heat it, the aluminum intakes tend to warp real easy. (still have to replace mine).

EddyB
10-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Never knew the wheel bearings went bad on those. My dad has always owned Dodges and never had an issue.

Sweet truck. I'm a big fan of Dodges.

Ragnorox
10-13-2008, 11:11 AM
it's the whole i piece bearing unit. the whole idea of a non serviceable bearing unit blows. It might be a faster fix but it a hell of a lot more money

mxg342
10-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Yep Unit bearings suck. I just put two on my dodge. It was about $450 just for the parts.

Quicksilver - Good looking 1/2 ton too!

trailblaze
10-13-2008, 12:43 PM
what dealer did you buy this off of?

quicksilver_rubicon
10-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks for all the compliments.

I bought it from Shelley's Auto on Rt. 21

Ronin152
10-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Nice truck man. Couldn't you have picked up a pretty cheap jeep xj, yj, or even a nissan xterra which would give you 4 door for the family plus be pretty cheap and able to wheel also?

wozz
10-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Nice Truck. I'm a huge fan of Mopar trucks. And like everyone else said I think you definitely did the right thing. You can always buy a truck, toy whatever but you only get one family, so they should be before everything else.

EddyB
10-14-2008, 01:05 AM
Nice truck man. Couldn't you have picked up a pretty cheap jeep xj, yj, or even a nissan xterra which would give you 4 door for the family plus be pretty cheap and able to wheel also?

Who says you can't wheel that thing. Plenty of power, solid axle up front, and lots of lift kits available. Just have to know a good body man.

Ronin152
10-14-2008, 01:35 AM
Yah, I just meant that he could have got something still alot more offroad oriented for pretty cheap.

quicksilver_rubicon
10-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Yah, I just meant that he could have got something still alot more offroad oriented for pretty cheap.

Not too many places to go any more. Anyways my main focus is house and family at this point.