PDA

View Full Version : Hunting liscence costs etc...

Tripower389
10-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Hey Guys,

A few quick questions.

Any idea what a out of state hungting liscence costs for squirel ?

I am going up to Casparis/game lands this weekend and was thinking about bringing the .22 how is the game commission on fire arms if you do not have the liscnece but are not hunting.

I appreciate the feedback.

- Jason

MemorEsto
10-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Non-Resident is 7 day small game is $31

Unless you can prove it's for woodchuck, or "Protection"..... They shouldn't give you a problem

Ragnorox
10-15-2008, 08:54 AM
Non- Resident Small game is $31. Yes game commission would have a problem with any sporting firearm. Also keep in mind a couple other thing, no semi-Auto for hunting in PA and it's Archery season now, you start running around shooting a .22 in that area, them Good 'ol boys may just start letting arrows fly in your general direction. Also another thing to keep in mind is that is now legal for Archers to pack a side arm, As long as it is not a sporting pistol.

Tripower389
10-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Thanks,

I thought the .22 was in season starting the 17th october. I'll have to look at my dates maybe im wrong.

I have a Bolt action Marlin so im good there.

- Jason

Shodan
10-15-2008, 09:24 AM
There not saying it's not in season. If you are using a legal firearm and are properly liscensed, go for it. Assuming you are hunting in a legal area of course.

Again, assuming you're legal and it's legal to hunt where you're at, you have as much right to hunt as anyone else. Just use some common courtesy if other people are hunting in the area.

I would imagine though that it would be easy to get on to some private property in that area without realizing it. Might want to go to a game lands to hunt but not wheel.

Tripower389
10-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Shodan,

Thanks.... yeah i have re-read the game commision site and it looks like i would be in good standing as long as i had the liscence.

Yes as far as the wheeling goes that's wouldnt be done on the game land portion of the land up there.

I down loaded the maps from the game lands so i have a good idea of whats what and where you can hunt vs where you can wheel.

I really enjoy going up to that area and want to make sure i'm legal and everything is ok. With the way lands get closed and access routes get shut down for stupidity i do not want to ruin it for every one else.

- Jason

Ragnorox
10-15-2008, 09:45 AM
oct 11-17 is Jr. small game, 18-29 is Squirrel and ruffed grouse and bunny opens on the 25th. Just be mindful of the archery guys, I had a bad run in last year in SGL 51 with some guys who were archery hunting. The Dunbar boys can get Very teritorial up there. I maybe up there myself messin around that afternoon. make sure you have blaze orange on also (vest and Hat 250 sq. inches combined) muzzle loader opens the weekend also for doe.

Tripower389
10-15-2008, 10:10 AM
OK Great,

Thanks good looking out.

- jason