PDA

View Full Version : Internal polling

plk457
10-21-2008, 08:22 AM
What is the deal with internal polling? I was listening to the radio this morning and the GOP internal polling for PA was something like 47 - 36 in favor of McCain (plese don't quote those numbers...I may be off a little). How could those numbers be so different from the more common polls? Nationaly I think it was 52 - 40 in favor of McCain. Someone please learn me some polling.

OverkillZJ
10-21-2008, 09:06 AM
It's been like that for a couple weeks now... I don't understand it all, but the way the GOP is doing their polling is a bit different than the polls we're hearing from the media: the GOP says it's more accurate (and I REALLY hope it is) but obviously the source is biased.

Really I find the media's polls would be biased to-wards the left, and the GOP to the right, should we average them? ;)

plk457
10-21-2008, 09:43 AM
I wonder what the Dem internal polling says. A quick search turned up almost nothing.

OverkillZJ
10-21-2008, 09:45 AM
The dems don't like to release anything, including Obama's birth certificate.

Muzikman
10-21-2008, 09:59 AM
The media polls are the Dem polls.

plk457
10-21-2008, 11:07 AM
So I wonder what the break down of people polled for GOP internal is. For the media polls there are x dems, x rep, and x independant. I have seem some breakdowns that show a bias towards democrats and eastern PA. I wonder if the GOP polls are biased towards republicans and central PA?

Muzikman
10-21-2008, 11:14 AM
The central and Northern parts of PA will always be more conservative. Even if they are not Republican, they will most likely vote that way so they can keep their guns.

The problem is the the majority of the population of the state is in South East and South West corners of the state and they tend to be Democrat (more so the South East).

This is why it's tough for a Republican governor to win these days.