PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade

Bill
11-17-2005, 02:40 PM
The time has come...

I think it is time for a redo. Yes, that is right... I said it... A REDO!

I know that Matt is quite fond of vbb, so it looks like we may head in that direction sometime in the near future. The software is running about $170 for the initial software package and then about $30 a year to license it. I am willing to front the money for the software and whatever else we need to get it up and running. I will however be posting up some clothing (T-shirt / sweatshirt / ?????) sales to try to get back my personal funds and get a little bit of money on top of that to keep the site running. Up to this point others have forked out the money to keep this site operational. I think it is not fair to expect them to put out their own funds to keep PghOffRoad up and running.

I am hoping to have the clothing up for sale before the end of the year, and the new and improved site will be released sometime. I know that Matt, Brandon, and I all hae very hectic schedules so getting together to get things done can be a bit rough at times. I am sure that we will all do our bests to make it come together all in due time.

What we need from the forum members:

1. Your understanding - Please understand that it will take some time to make it all work and work correctly.

2. Your generousity - Buy some PghOffRoad gear and help financially support the site.

3. We will eventually need someone to provide some graphics and do some photo work to make the site unique. I know we have the talent here on the forum and I am hoping to get some of the forum's members involved in putting together what will hopefully be an awsome place for local folks to call their internet home and others to come visit.

4. Be nice to Matt - HE HAS A LOT OF WORK TO DO! (Oh, wait... That is just my way of sucking up to Matt and telling saying PLLLLLEEEEEEEESSSSEEEE make us a new forum.)

If anyone has any input... now is the time, here is the place...

PK
11-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Of course I must say Yahoo provides an excellent system for mailinglists.

However here are my actual suggestions:

1. Less is more. Nobody seems to care about the more. As long as the less always works.

2. Talk with HRJA. Their board has been having a lot of problems of late. A regional board for both groups that always works would be good (and combining user groups might help with collaboration/costs).

Later,
Patrick

Wrecker
11-17-2005, 03:04 PM
Cool clothes are cool. Sizes for little ones are good. Need to keep the boy looking good. I am also interested in stickers. That is how I found out about the site. ( on a Grand last winter at Giant Eagle in Bridgeville) If they are still around I would like to get them sat at the M&G.

Bill
11-17-2005, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the input...

Keep the ideas coming...

orangecj5
11-17-2005, 07:03 PM
i'd probably buy a bumper sticker or two if you had them and maybe some other things depending on what it is

xsjado
11-17-2005, 07:18 PM
people should donate money cause they are nice, i would do that.

TimMichaels
11-17-2005, 07:19 PM
I'm down with buying some Pgh Offroad gear. T-shirts and hoodies are the way to go.

OverkillZJ
11-18-2005, 12:03 AM
I don't half-ass anything. Anyone who knows me knows that.

I think MallCrawlin will be making a donation towards the end result as well.

xsjado
11-18-2005, 12:25 AM
what is the total cost?

ill donate some cash cause i like this place, and probably buy a shirt or two as well.

Bill
11-18-2005, 10:29 AM
The total cost, if I have calculated correctly is about $200 for the first year. Not a lot of money, but still money...

XJJeepGirl98
11-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Hell I just shelled out a hundred bucks to jeepforum to keep it goin...least I can do is give something back to the local forum as well.

mrpistol
11-19-2005, 01:57 AM
Hell I just shelled out a hundred bucks to jeepforum to keep it goin...least I can do is give something back to the local forum as well.

yowzas, is that how much they charge to be a registered member?

OverkillZJ
11-19-2005, 02:11 AM

yowzas, is that how much they charge to be a registered member?

I was just thinking... DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

blackjeep04
11-19-2005, 07:16 PM
WHAT!! I only paid $20 that gave me a cool Jeepforum Supporter logo under my avatar and a decal. Maybe something we can offer.

shmoopy
02-02-2006, 10:23 AM
My suggestion: Set up a Paypal account w/ a pghoffroad email (pghoffroad@hotmail.com or whatever) and make a donation button that links to it. Shouldn't be too difficult. A couple of bucks here and there adds up quickly. Almost all the other sites I'm on run off of their donations...(and even though I'm a grad student, I'm quick to support any site I deem worthy...although these new colors make me wanna vomit):017:

:102:

Excellent job with the upgrade fellas.:038: :038:

Cebby
02-02-2006, 10:25 AM
...although these new colors make me wanna vomit):017:

Other color schemes are in the works... :109:

r6cyclegal
02-02-2006, 11:02 AM
No we will not be having Browns colors!!! Steelers all the way:109: :icon_super:

Cebby
02-02-2006, 11:13 AM
No we will not be having Browns colors!!!

Talk about wanting to vomit...:042: