View Full Version : Zeitgeist: Addendum

jeepxj3
11-05-2008, 11:58 PM
Anyone watch this one?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7065205277695921912

Discuss.... Muhuhahhaha :unibrow:

.J u s t i n
11-06-2008, 12:05 AM
I was going to say Repost but this isnt the original Zeitgeist...interesting nonetheless...at least for the parts I managed to catch

countdown until someone posts the link to a debunking thread..

jeepxj3
11-06-2008, 09:47 AM
yeah, this is def. not a repost. I remember alot of the economic stuff from my Micro and Macro classes at IUP.

Ronin152
11-06-2008, 11:37 AM
First thing, he says that we have had constantly rising inflation. Well that is actually a good thing as long as it is kept to a low rate. Look at it this way is it better if price levels and wages are going slightly up or deflating down? He also states that we are financing alot of things with debt. That again is not a bad thing as long as it is not excessive. As long as you don't use too much debt it is actually a good thing because your using others money. Lastly, banks don't just make up money to lend out. They lend out the actual amount that is not required as reserves they don't keep it then just make up that amount.

jeepxj3
11-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Its basically saying our financial system BLOWSAHHH... Why do you think we are in the situation we are currently in? Banks loaned out money to people who couldnt afford it in the first place, and in turn, banks didnt really even have the money to loan out to start with.

Ronin152
11-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Yes it does have some weaknesses but just look at it this way, atleast we don't live some where like Congo or Cambodia where you never know if you are going to be broke the next day.