PDA

View Full Version : Playing the race card

stesul411
11-06-2008, 10:34 AM
So the US has elected it's first African American president, and after watching the videos and reading some of the comments made, it seems that the African American community feels like now that they have a (quote from TV interview I saw last night) BROTHA in the white house they will finally get the chance to screw over whitey.
What they fail to remember is Obama is only half black.

My opinion, it don't matter if you're black, white, yellow, green, pink or purple we're all gonna get screwed over equally.

Muzikman
11-06-2008, 10:46 AM
I look at this a couple ways.

Being from Penn Hills (a large black population), some of the things that I heard while standing in line to vote made me realize, the black population was voting for Obama just because of his race. These exact statements were heard a number of times.

I really hope this moves us as a nation forward. I hope the black population starts feel better about themselves, starts to quit blaming "the man" from holding them down. I really hope that they see that they have just as much opportunities as everyone else, as long as they strive for it.

I also hope they realize though, Obama is not their get out of jail free card. I really hope they don't expect hand outs.

As scared as I am of the next 4 years, I do think there might be some good to come of it. I just wish it was a different black man. No matter Obama's race, I do not like him.

92YJCBG
11-06-2008, 11:00 AM
A good buddy of mine from work is black. We talked about this the other night. Even he thinks its stupid with the race thing. Like he said this is 2008, race should have nothing to do with anymore.

.J u s t i n
11-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Jason I agree with you completely. Some of the comments I heard after the election was decided from blacks here on campus really bothered me. Stuff like "black man in a WHITE house ni$$a" and "blacks are taking over!" The majority of them shouted "We Won" signifying not that they as democratic party supporter won but they as a black race won.

Ive never been racist before and still dont consider myself one now but hearing some of the views expressed and seeing how they are taking this election is really bugging me...and I hate to keep using the word they because I know some even view that as a derogatory term and I know theyre not a direct representation of the entire Democratic supporters but still.

I started my own thread about this video but I believe it needs to be posted here as well

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uOff00bD_zM

92YJCBG
11-06-2008, 11:08 AM
the racial texts I have got the past couple days from people arnt even funny.

And they have been forwarded like 50 times.

Muzikman
11-06-2008, 11:19 AM
A good buddy of mine from work is black. We talked about this the other night. Even he thinks its stupid with the race thing. Like he said this is 2008, race should have nothing to do with anymore.

You have to remember, we are only one generation removed from the race riots of the 60's and the end of segregation. Civil Rights is still very much on the minds of the majority of the voters.

Now, by the time my kids (if I ever have any) are able to vote, it will be removed enough that few votes will have been a part of it all. Their kids will probably not know anyone who was alive at the time. That is when race will no longer matter.

.J u s t i n
11-06-2008, 11:23 AM
You have to remember, we are only one generation removed from the race riots of the 60's and the end of segregation. Civil Rights is still very much on the minds of the majority of the voters.

Now, by the time my kids (if I ever have any) are able to vote, it will be removed enough that few votes will have been a part of it all. Their kids will probably not know anyone who was alive at the time. That is when race will no longer matter.

Hopefully so unless certain things happen in the near future that keep the racial ball rolling. Im hoping for exactly that though, by the time my kids (well when I have them) are able to vote there will be no more bias towards a particular race.

nitrolegend
11-06-2008, 09:30 PM
There are black people out there that would act like fools no matter what happened. If Obama had lost they would have said its because he was balck and started shit over that. Thats just the way the fools are. If they think they are going to have a get out of jail free ticket because there black they better wake up before its to late.