PDA

View Full Version : Stocks down after election...

Deadman 94 xj
11-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Surprised :102:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3683270/

Biggest two day plung in history.
Must be Bush's fault...

DMG
11-06-2008, 11:00 PM
No, Obama never claimed to be pro-business. He will not be good for the economy. Giving free stuff away to people who have not earned it is expensive.

Ronin152
11-06-2008, 11:51 PM
The stock market pretty much knew Obama was going to win and that was built into prices before the election. I think its just more of a matter of all this shit needing to work its way out of the system. Hey I'm not complaining, I'm just now starting to invest and the moto "Buy low sell high" is looking oh so great right now!

OverkillZJ
11-07-2008, 03:06 AM
No, Obama never claimed to be pro-business. He will not be good for the economy. Giving free stuff away to people who have not earned it is expensive.

Which is why I'm so ****ed!

Deadman 94 xj
11-07-2008, 03:58 AM
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Dispatch/market-dispatches-110608.aspx?gt1=33002

Obama, officially the worst president ever...

OverkillZJ
11-07-2008, 04:04 AM
The stock market pretty much knew Obama was going to win and that was built into prices before the election. I think its just more of a matter of all this shit needing to work its way out of the system. Hey I'm not complaining, I'm just now starting to invest and the moto "Buy low sell high" is looking oh so great right now!

You really do think funny.

Deadman 94 xj
11-07-2008, 04:38 AM
LOL, I was going to say something like that, I just couldn't find a way to put it as nicely so I said nothing.

Wrecker
11-07-2008, 07:54 AM
How long before you can sell high? 4 years or 8? How long will we be stuck with him?

Ronin152
11-07-2008, 04:02 PM
How is that thinking funny? You can get into great companies right for nothing. Plus if you want to make your money right now just do some options and futures.

OverkillZJ
11-07-2008, 04:03 PM
"The stock market pretty much knew Obama was going to win and that was built into prices before the election." is thinking funny, not buying low and selling high.

Ronin152
11-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Thats not thinking funny at all. By the stock market I meant investor were fairly certain already that Obama was going to win the election and any fear or worries about future policies and stuff he could possibly do were already happening in the market before he actually won.

OverkillZJ
11-07-2008, 04:08 PM
If it wasn't Obama who won, the market would look very differently, he scares investors.

Ronin152
11-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Yeah its a bunch of stuff. I don't think if McCain would have won there would be really that huge of a difference.

BigDukeSix
11-07-2008, 04:24 PM
"Gasp" how dare you utter such blasphemy on PGHOR Ronin!!!! Now you will suffer the wrath of the banhammer!! Or a verbal jackboot beatdown from the RepuboNazi squad at the very least!!! Quick, talk about AR-15's while you have the chance to save yourself!

Deadman 94 xj
11-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Lol

OverkillZJ
11-07-2008, 04:33 PM
"Gasp" how dare you utter such blasphemy on PGHOR Ronin!!!! Now you will suffer the wrath of the banhammer!! Or a verbal jackboot beatdown from the RepuboNazi squad at the very least!!! Quick, talk about AR-15's while you have the chance to save yourself!

That's getting really old...

BigDukeSix
11-07-2008, 04:37 PM
No shit!! So is all the "waaaahhh Obama!" "Waaa the sky is falling" "Waaa want my AR-15" Why dont you broads all hold hands at a M&G in vigil of McCain losing. I'll supply the Kleenex. Get over it already. The dude ain't even in officially office yet. Boy, I thought Sleeper had some redneck views. If you dont believe what most of you claim to believe around here, you're a a-hole for it.

Wrecker
11-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Hey I just bought an AR today.

OverkillZJ
11-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Seriously.

Old.

Most of us have relatively decent discussions about politics. I hardly agree with Ronin, but at least he can present an argument.

All you do is come in and retaliate against everyone, and whine about it. If you don't like the political forum, just stay out of it. That's why it's there: you don't have to read it.

BAD_GNR
11-07-2008, 04:46 PM
I can't believe Ted Nugent didn't win. Apparently my vote truly doesn't matter.

BigDukeSix
11-07-2008, 04:49 PM
It's like a train wreck. You have to look at it. No, it's more like a circus train wreck.

There is no arguing with you. You have a view and that's it. Period. Then there's the huge bandwagon that follows you around when it come to those views. How do you present an argument to it? I read Tim Michaels posts with great interest. He presents very good views and you and everyone else mock him for it. Please cut me a break. The political asylum should read "Like minded Republicans only" .

It's easier to mock that argue. Read the majority of the recent politcal threads. They're filled with whining, obvious hate and veiled bigotry (sometimes unveiled). Its a little scary to think that many people actually think that way.

Muzikman
11-07-2008, 04:50 PM
One problem with getting in tot he market right now. Are you sure it's the bottom?

Hell, you get get into a company for nothing right now, but what are you basing it on, the price of their stock last year? If so, do you think it's going to get back to that level or do you think the company is going to end up folding and closing their doors, making your stock really worth nothing.

You better know what the hell you are doing right now to be playing in the stock market. If you don't you can loose a lot of money.

Muzikman
11-07-2008, 04:53 PM
It's like a train wreck. You have to look at it. No, it's more like a circus train wreck.

There is no arguing with you. You have a view and that's it. Period. Then there's the huge bandwagon that follows you around when it come to those views. How do you present an argument to it? I read Tim Michaels posts with great interest. He presents very good views and you and everyone else mock him for it. Please cut me a break. The political asylum should read "Like minded Republicans only" .

It's easier to mock that argue. Read the majority of the recent politcal threads. They're filled with whining, obvious hate and veiled bigotry (sometimes unveiled). Its a little scary to think that many people actually think that way.

If you don't like it, then why read this forum?

BigDukeSix
11-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Whatever.

BigDukeSix
11-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Because there is something in my DNA that makes me want to fight against bigotry and just plain ol' stupid behavior.

Muzikman
11-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Remember, it's still a free country, we don't force you into these discussions. So if you don't like it, why read it? If you don't want to argue, why reply? Seriously, I think you just like to bitch.

Muzikman
11-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Because there is something in my DNA that makes me want to fight against bigotry and just plain ol' stupid behavior.

Ummm, ok, and where are you fighting bigotry? And it's a political discussion, both sides thinks the other is stupid. If they didn't they would all agree and there would be world peace.

BigDukeSix
11-07-2008, 05:07 PM
But that's the point, isn't it? There is no discussion here. If you are not politically like minded you are basically outcast and some kind of asshole for believing otherwise.

And you're right, I should stay the fawk out of the political threads. Because as I said time and again, it's nothing but a verbal beatdown for those who are not like minded. dont vote Republican? you're an asshole. Dont like the NRA? You're an asshole. Don't like rednecks? You're an asshole. Etc. Etc.

BigDukeSix
11-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Read the threads Musicman, you tell me there's no bigotry there.

BigDukeSix
11-07-2008, 05:12 PM
I like to bitch? Wow. How many threads have I started crying about politics? Crying about stocks? Crying about McCain? And I'm the one bitching? Like I said, whatever.

BigDukeSix
11-07-2008, 05:21 PM
If you don't like it, then why read this forum?

Seating for Matt's bandwagon has started.

OverkillZJ
11-07-2008, 05:27 PM
W....T....F....

I don't have a bandwagon, believe me. I've pissed off every member on this forum a MINIMUM of once, usually more.

We disagree. It is as simple as that.

The difference is that there is more than one side than the other. Most wheelers swing right. That is a simple fact. I'm surprised that you're surprised like this.

As I said, we don't agree, don't start claiming I have some bandwagon, and don't be surprised when you're outnumbered.

Do you think I'd enjoy goin gon a greenie forum talking about my buggy? Or guns? Or drilling in alaska? Of course not.

Just don't read it if you don't like it, look away. No one here has actualyl insulted you outside of good fun, but between the slander in the "story" thread and what you're posting here, I see what you actually think of us. So why do it?

BAD_GNR
11-07-2008, 05:35 PM
W....T....F....

I don't have a bandwagon, believe me. I've pissed off every member on this forum a MINIMUM of once, usually more.

I don't think you've pissed me off, I don't think it's possible.:016:

OverkillZJ
11-07-2008, 05:36 PM
I don't think you've pissed me off, I don't think it's possible.:016:

Yeah, but your avatar says it all! :icon_butt:

OverkillZJ
11-07-2008, 05:45 PM

It's easier to mock that argue. Read the majority of the recent political threads. They're filled with whining, obvious hate and veiled bigotry (sometimes unveiled). Its a little scary to think that many people actually think that way.

You realize you're being hypocritical in that you're mocking my views, right? I could say there's no arguing with you, and it would be just as accurate. Difference is I can agree to disagree without insulting you left and right. I find the way you think scary, just as you think the way i think is scary.

Tim actually presents an argument, and at times I've actually agreed with him. Not often, but notice how he actually takes part in the discussion, and doesn't simply post "gobama" and "you all hate me because I don't agree with you". Seriously, what is that?

You're a cool guy, but if this forum makes you hate us so much, just stick to wheeling and ignore the political forum...

Deadman 94 xj
11-07-2008, 09:44 PM
I started this thread as more of a joke than anything else. "Obama officially the worst president ever"??? Ha! Give me a fawking break. The dipshit isn't in office yet, I know this. I've been in a hangover state since tuesday and posting stupid shit like this makes me feel better. It is pretty obvious that the election had an impact on investors though. It is what it is.

I could get over it if it wasn't for the bullshit I see and hear everyday. I can't get away from it, STILL. I'd love to see the man succeed but at the same time I can't wait to say I told you so to all of the tree hugging liberal fuks I know outside of this forum. Is that wrong? Sure, but it'll feel so damn good.

BigDukeSix
11-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Herbert Hoover was President of the United States when the stock market crashed in 1929. FDR was elected in 1932 and dragged this country kicking and srceaming out of the depression by implementing his "new deal" reforms which gave the government more power. It took years to unfcuk and was only fully cured with the onset of WWII and the production of vast amounts of war materials, putting everyone to work. In my opinion, FDR was the greatest President this country has ever had or will ever have.
Obama is in for a very tough time. Will he fail? Who knows. The deck is certainly stacked against him.

"Don't forget what I discovered that over ninety percent of all national deficits from 1921 to 1939 were caused by payments for past, present, and future wars."
Franklin D. Roosevelt (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/f/franklind393461.html)
Interesting...

Bill
11-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Obama is in for a very tough time. Will he fail? Who knows. The deck is certainly stacked against him.

Trying to justify the failure already? :lame:

Wrecker
11-08-2008, 12:34 PM
I understand your thinking BD6. But my problem is that it is all paid for with Tax money. Big Goverment costs Big Money. There is only so much money. If my family wants something or needs something I have to make more or give something up. I can not just raise my income by saying I need more. The elected officials do not understand that because most are career politicians who have not started and built a business. They might have sat on boards which is just spending others money. I guess when I hear we are going to "give" or "they deserve" my skin crawls.

Deadman 94 xj
11-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Herbert Hoover was President of the United States when the stock market crashed in 1929. FDR was elected in 1932 and dragged this country kicking and srceaming out of the depression by implementing his "new deal" reforms which gave the government more power. It took years to unfcuk and was only fully cured with the onset of WWII and the production of vast amounts of war materials, putting everyone to work. In my opinion, FDR was the greatest President this country has ever had or will ever have.

"Don't forget what I discovered that over ninety percent of all national deficits from 1921 to 1939 were caused by payments for past, present, and future wars."
Franklin D. Roosevelt (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/f/franklind393461.html)
Interesting...

I agree. Like I said, I really do hope he succeeds. The diference between then and now is that back then it was production that pushed us out of the slump. Now it just seems like one big circle with no real production output. Taking taxes away from the people for the people. I'm no expert on the inner workings of the economy but it seems to me that instead of 2+2+2=6, 2-2+2=2 if that makes any sense lol. It's too early to tell. My thoughts are based on what has been said and what I've read only, along with my limited ability to think rationally :)

Deadman 94 xj
11-08-2008, 02:48 PM
I guess in reallity it would be 4-.00091+2=5.99909
so who knows LOL

r6cyclegal
11-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Yeah, but your avatar says it all! :icon_butt:

Did you just say that Brian would even hit you??? :103: :(

OverkillZJ
11-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Goodness I hope not!

Cebby
11-10-2008, 10:59 PM

I fail to see any bigotry demonstrated by any of the posts in this thread.

Bigotry was exhibited in unprecedented numbers by black voters turning out to vote for the first time in decades, voting for Obama solely because he is black.

Bigotry is a two way street, bro.

As far as stupid behavior - if we're exhibiting stupid behavior by not conceding that Obama is the best thing for this country, I guess you'd better get a bunch of short buses lined up for us, because I doubt any of us are smart enough to change our minds.