PDA

View Full Version : WTB Taurus Judge

jackb1
12-04-2008, 01:15 PM
This isn't really a "want add" as I don't expect anybody here to actually have one for sale, so I hope the forum choice is ok.

I've been looking for a specific Taurus Judge for a while and can't find it. There has been a lot of discussion about guns lately and am hoping someone might stumble across what I'm looking for during their trips to shops I might not get to or even know about.

Taurus Judge
Ultra Light
Brushed Stainless
3" chamber
3" barrel

I know some people are going to a gun show in Harrisburg. If any of you have a FFL and want to make a few $ for bringing it back to me, please let me know.

Bill
12-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Have you seen the video? I have considered this purchase myself. We were just talking about this gun the other day at work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl-ZIo-Wztc

jackb1
12-04-2008, 04:58 PM
For all the crap I watch on youtube, I never looked up any Judge clips. That pattern for the "carjacker" is pretty wicked. Now going to watch more clips...

My father in-law has the longer 6" barrel and actually uses it to rabbit hunt pretty often.

Bill
12-04-2008, 05:03 PM
I see the Judge as a great personal defense firearm. It wouldn't be a bad addition to the collection.

gearhead313
12-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Big Buck had one.... the shop by t-bones at the 910 exit on 79

jackb1
12-04-2008, 09:40 PM
I basically only want it as a home defense weapon for my wife when I'm out of town. I'm hoping if should she ever have to, she could hit something with this.

Plus, it should be fun at the range to see a silhouette from 10 yards get plastered.

jackb1
12-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Big Buck had one.... the shop by t-bones at the 910 exit on 79

A Judge or the specs I'm looking for? Ace had 4 last time I was there but not what I'm looking for.

I'll go there tomorrow if they have it.

Thanks.

DMG
12-04-2008, 10:40 PM
If you look at the ballistics of a .410 shell out of a short barrel compared to other home defense options I think you will find it disappointing. The shot loads will make a messy, superficial wound but will not stop a seriously committed assailant unless you get him in the eyes.

A short 20 gage shotgun or a 12 gage with light loads, either one with a mounted surefire light would be far more effective and easy to operate. Keep in mind that at short range, a shotgun does not spread more than 12-18 inches so it will have to be aimed. That applies to the Taurus, too. If you want to let her try a 20 gage, I have a couple of 20 gage youth guns that have seemed to fit women well if you want to let her try them.

jackb1
12-05-2008, 09:50 AM
A .410 followed by a Colt .45 would be how I'd likely load it. That .45 will still hold some punch. That and it is really only for home defense as a second option while I'm away.

Most importantly... I'm just plain in love with the gun and don't know why. It's an ugly gun, large, and doesn't have a lot of uses but I still have to have one. I know there are a LOT of other weapons out there that would probably be better choices, but if I always made the best choice, I have a lot more savings and a lot less crap I don't need.

I do have some other options at home and a short 20 is one of them. Thanks for the offer. I'd still be happy to hit a range sometime.

gearhead313
12-05-2008, 09:59 AM
I dont think it was stainless, but im pretty sure it was 3"

jackb1
12-05-2008, 01:51 PM
They did have 2 3" barrel/chamber Judges there but only blued.

Thanks

Sleeper
12-11-2008, 04:55 PM
We goto ne a lil bit ago, ACE firearms in washington has one or two right now.

jackb1
12-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Thanks. I'm in columbus for another week but I'll call to see if they still have it to hold for me.

We goto ne a lil bit ago, ACE firearms in washington has one or two right now.

Sleeper
12-27-2008, 01:10 AM
Any luck with finding it at ACE? I just saw ours tongiht and man i cannot wait to shoot it

jackb1
12-27-2008, 10:25 AM
No, I even made the drive from columbus to pick it up after the tip but I got there at 5:05 and they wouldn't let me in. By the time I got back, no more Judge. I'm still looking and will get one when i find exactly what I want, but I came into a situation where I've got to buy some family guns and will be spending my extra gun money there. If anybody does find one, let me know, but I'm cooling the search some myself.

My father in law has a 6" that I'm looking forward to trying soon. I hope I like it.

jlovbasz3
12-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Try Reese's in Smithfield.They are western pa largest gun dealer and have low prices.

2002wranglerX
01-03-2009, 11:09 PM
big buck wanted 100 over retail... i don't know how they stay in business