PDA

View Full Version : Ammunition Accountability Act

Cebby
01-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Oh joy...

And so it begins...........................LIVE Free or DIE TRYING!!!

Its already started...Ammunition Accountability Legislation

Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it
seems that his minions and allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with
taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana)
requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of all
ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers.
Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is
coded.

Any privately held un coded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011.
(Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every
round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona,
California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland,
Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island,
South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

Send to your friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL!!

doublejz
01-09-2009, 12:44 PM
reloading ftw :-D

I guess I should stock up on brass now

trailblaze
01-09-2009, 12:47 PM
x2... on reloading!!

although, i am going to go guy more rounds now.... and i'll be damned if i destroy my loaded stuff... they can come get it... and i assure you, i'll die and some of them will die if they try to take my bullets

this makes me think of the Skynyrd song.... Gimmie back my bullets

doublejz
01-09-2009, 12:49 PM
well i missed this part

"Any privately held un coded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011."

I think my current casings should be split by then. Looks like I'll have to stock up on the new coded brass. I'll just have to hit up the shooting range some evening and collect brass.... oh wait I did that last night.

trailblaze
01-09-2009, 12:55 PM
wait a min....

how many bullets are made each year..... millions, billions?? how in the world are they going to etch a serial number that long onto a bullet??? after a few years the number will be into to trillions...

maybe on a 50 cal round... but try etching that on a 22 rd.

doublejz
01-09-2009, 01:04 PM
yea i was thinking about that too.. plus whats going to stop people from just stealing a truck load of ammo and scratching out the "code" on them.

seems pointless to me.. the people going to commit crimes with weapons or whatnot aren't going to be dumb enough to buy ammo which is coded to them then shoot someone and leave a casing there...

wozz
01-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Sometimes I hate our government and the asshats that run it. Ah scratch that its more than sometimes now.

trailblaze
01-09-2009, 02:25 PM
exactly.... it's not hard to cast your own lead, and load your own shells.... if you buy casings and plan on shooting someone.... scratch the number out!!

if you buy bullets, and you're somewhat familiar with them, you can pop the bullet out of the casing and scratch that shit off as well.

evil will always prevail

wozz
01-09-2009, 02:27 PM
"Each year there are many homicides from senseless gun violence in America and perhaps more astounding is the fact that 30% of those crimes go unsolved. Many of these cases could be solved if ammunition coding technology were implemented."

Are these guys really that fricking retarded? If unregistered guns are used in crimes, what makes them think that there coded ammo will be used? The only thing this will do is make it harder/more expensive for law abiding shooters to shoot and it could cause some otherwise law abiding citizens to break the law just to shoot. Honestly I think that there will just be an underground market for ammo then. This is stupid.

trailblaze
01-09-2009, 02:38 PM
i feel like shooting the person who proposed this act....

commando72
01-09-2009, 06:19 PM
i feel like shooting the person who proposed this act....
It was deferred to committee in February of 2008, so unlikely a year old bill will get enough support to come out of committee in PA.

I did a search on the PA legislation website...couldn't find the link used by the website you quoted.

Remember anyone with a computer and the knowledge of how, can buy a URL and start posting information whether it's true or not...:thumbsdown:

beat1078
01-09-2009, 07:58 PM
And the word is...Truth. Check out the whole article but don't look for it to become something to worry about.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/a/ammunition-accountability-act.htm

trailblaze
01-10-2009, 12:06 AM
i got all fired up for nuthin

Bill
01-10-2009, 01:00 AM
The true ammunition accountability act refers to being accountable for every round that leaves your firearm. Anything else... eh.

DMG
01-10-2009, 12:04 PM
The true ammunition accountability act refers to being accountable for every round that leaves your firearm. Anything else... eh.

The Ammunition Accountability Act proposed in 16 US states requires traceable coding on the base of all bullets.

http://www.ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

You fill out paperwork that connects you to the cartridges loaded with those bullets. Now the government knows how much ammo you buy and keep on hand. That is not good.
And it means that if the guy behind the counter at Dicks sporting goods mixes up the numbers on one of those 20 boxes of ammo you are buying or someone took some ammo out of one box and put it in another, you could go to jail.

highlandercj-7
01-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Another dumb azz plan. All this is going to do is screw the honset person. Do they think criminals accually obtain there guns through legal channels hahahah.